It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CASCADIA RISING....Be prepared!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Biggest drill underway simulating a 9.0 in the Northwest. Why it took until now to realize how unprepared we really are, is beyond me. The real one is going to happen sooner than later. Atleast I guess they are trying. Mods delete if this has been posted. Nothing came up in the search. Link...www.thenewstribune.com...
Hopefully link is working...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sorry, it was posted in the Fragile Earth Forum.

I did a search for it as well cause I was sure I'd seen it, it DIDN'T come up in the search, so don't feel bad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightmeup04Why it took until now to realize how unprepared we really are, is beyond me.

they have been doing these exercises / drills for decades it just seems to be the largest one every time they do it since well we are a growth economy after all, our population grows our departments grow our drills will grow too.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If they did no preparation and something happened, people would complain about their complacency.

When they do any sort of preparation, people freak out....

"They must know something we don't!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
i posted about this in a forum and linked to the actual documentation and state power point.
cascadia is different, a whole host of millitary drills are being run coinciding with the quakes and tsunami drills.
whole towns are involved in the drills, it's a massive affair. i have read the whole planned layout, watched the powerpoint and i can tell you it is amazing. something to behold.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

hey look a massive record breaking drill involving 14million people regarding the cascadia subduction zone from .... 2012. www.smithsonianmag.com...

i lived on the oregon coast prior to 2011 and i remember these huge drills hitting ats almost every year for the same reason "biggest ever"

ya the scope these drills cover are impressive and worth discussion, but they are also standard operating procedure for the west coast now.

i remember hearing the tsunami sirens as part of the drill, they test those once a month, i remember thinking isnt that test supposed to be a different day this month then looking it up to see it was one of these massive drills,

kinda off topic i guess but i think drilling to much has an opposite effect, it lowers reaction times, people get so complacent and used to hearing the siren once a month when it goes off they just assume its another test.

where i live now we have the same sirens but for tornados and likewise they test them once a month, couple weeks ago a tornado hit our town, everyone i spoke to about it said the same thing when they heard the siren they ignored it assuming it was another test, until it kept going a few minutes then they realized it was not a test.
edit on 6/8/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
How does one get prepared or how to drill to get smashed in the head with a 2 ton piece of concrete?

new topics

top topics

join