It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First female major party nomination in History: Congratulations Ladies!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I can say with almost 100% certainty that this is a fraudulent nomination. Not exactly something to celebrate, and we're ahead of ourselves anyway. The convention will be contested, and who knows what the FBI is up to

I'd like a woman presidential nominee, but I need a good presidential nominee. Hillary might be a lady, but she's one of the worst ladies on the PLANET for the job. Pull a random girl off the street from China and teach her English, better than Hillary. Your mom, better than Hillary.
edit on 8/6/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: muse7

Can't wait to see what happens to the Bernie supporters. They must be going into total meltdown.

I think the majority of them knew he would never actually get the nomination.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
9 Things You Should Know About Victoria Woodhull

5. Woodhull was the first woman to run for president.
In April 1870, just two months after opening her brokerage firm, Woodhull announced her candidacy for president of the United States. She campaigned on a platform of women’s suffrage, regulation of monopolies, nationalization of railroads, an eight-hour workday, direct taxation, abolition of the death penalty and welfare for the poor, among other things. In addition to promoting herself in her weekly newspaper, Woodhull organized an Equal Rights Party, which nominated her at its May 1872 convention.
In the end, Woodhull’s name appeared on ballots in at least some states.

Interesting.

I think if anyone should get credit for battling for women's rights, and for the rights of a woman to run for president, it is Woodhull.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

LOL!

I was just looking at that too.

en.wikipedia.org...

Many of the reforms and ideals Woodhull espoused for the working class, against what she saw as the corrupt capitalist elite, were extremely controversial in her time.

1872 even.

I truly wish Clinton supporters would at the very least get some new material.

Instead of recycling the same old bull snip for over a century.
edit on 8-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

As a woman I find this disgusting. If she's the best woman we have in this country to be President perhaps women in America are not ready for the job. For those women that say now they can tell their daughters you can become President...why the hell haven't you done that before? Stop trying to make women victims. I pity the daughters that have been told that they can't do something or become something because their parent plays the gender card. I guess you have forgotten Margaret Thatcher. Now she was a woman that made you be proud to be a woman. America serves up Hilary Clinton? It does not make me proud it makes me ashamed that this is the best you could find in America.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Shhhhh, you guys are bringing facts into a delusional ideology. It's not enough to think that women have now, and have had the opportunity to run and win the office of president.

OP Please forgive the rest of us for walking in the darkness while your light shines and we are too blind to see. Forgive us for we know not what we do. We shall not have anymore free thinking of and for ourselves and defer to you, our oh so humble thought moderators.

edit on 8-6-2016 by JinMI because: Stuff and Thangs

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why is it progress based on nothing but gender? Or race as in 2008? When does the first Qualified woman, minority, gay, etc get a shot at high position? That would be progress. Not someone that is riding the coattail of her ex president husband's last name. Not someone that failed miserably as Secretary of state and now likely couldn't pass the background check to reapply for that position. It's a good thing that SHE could become the next leader of the free world? Oh my how far we have come indeed.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"So the necessity of having that occupant be Hillary Clinton, or of having that moment occur in 2017, feels less urgent. And the notion of the first female major-party presidential nominee is greeted with a collective millennial yawn."

haha exactly!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are many great African American men but one wasn't chosen for President
There are many great American women but one wasnt chosen to run for President.

I cant wait to see the 2020 election a transgendered Richard Simmons perhaps

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Her name is Valorie.

Barbarian!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
There are many great African American men but one wasn't chosen for President
There are many great American women but one wasnt chosen to run for President.

He'd get my vote!

Still a better choice than an establishment hack
edit on -050007pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That is most likely next.

IF there is anything left after Clinton is through with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I looked this up (MapleMatch.com) and I can't believe it, it must be some parody website that plays of the fears of all the US' special snowflakes of all colours, shapes and sizes. I am tempted to register, just to see if I can get me some cute and easily programmed size 4 to 6 submissive "sister wives." Then I can start a commune and maybe start the "Church of the Wholly Owned Snowflakes" lol. I hope you realize I am being sarcastic lol.............. or am I????

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/8.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

You don't vote for someone based on their gender.

You vote for someone based on their ability to lead.

How embarrassing.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: napayshni57

Margaret Thatcher was a man, didn't you know that

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I didn't vote for a goddam soul

so what the hell you talking about

get some facts before start talking

edit on 8-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Every time I come here to this thread, I literally laugh out loud when i look at your post... lol, thank you!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Thank you for the compliment…Oh is that a picture of you or maybe your old man when he found out you were his son

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

You don't vote for someone based on their gender.

You vote for someone based on their ability to lead.

How embarrassing.

It's 2016.

Vote for the person with boobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join