It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"To Bernie voters left out in the cold by a rigged system, we welcome you with open arms".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

So the average Bernie supporter has to ponder, "Do I hate Hillary more, or Trump"

Yes, but see......

Hillary at least claims that she will build upon the last 7 years....and also embrace some of the stuff that Bernie (and his followers) are insisting upon.

I don't want her - but I think he is dangerous (albeit intriguing). Article in The Atlantic: THE MIND OF DONALD TRUMP (subtitle: Narcissism, disagreeableness, grandiosity—a psychologist investigates how Trump’s extraordinary personality might shape his possible presidency.)

I'm not committed to the idea that he would be horrible - I just think it's a real 'wild card' "spin of the wheel of fortune".

I also understand that for him, this really is just the next most-obvious conquest.....
(Of course I know that any 'psychology' assessment will be tossed out as left-wing propaganda and woo-woo conspiracy sh!t)
edit on 6/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

So the average Bernie supporter has to ponder, "Do I hate Hillary more, or Trump"

Yes, but see......

Hillary at least claims that she will build upon the last 7 years....and also embrace some of the stuff that Bernie (and his followers) are insisting upon.

I don't want her - but I think he is dangerous (albeit intriguing). Article in The Atlantic: THE MIND OF DONALD TRUMP (subtitle: Narcissism, disagreeableness, grandiosity—a psychologist investigates how Trump’s extraordinary personality might shape his possible presidency.)

I'm not committed to the idea that he would be horrible - I just think it's a real 'wild card' "spin of the wheel of fortune".

I also understand that for him, this really is just the next most-obvious conquest.....
(Of course I know that any 'psychology' assessment will be tossed out as left-wing propaganda and woo-woo conspiracy sh!t)

Hillary was the 11th most progressive Senator when she was in the Senate. She was fighting for accessible healthcare since the 90s. She isn't just "claiming" that she'll build on what Obama has accomplished, she will do it.

This notion that she's a conservative is not based on reality or facts.

And any "progressive" or liberal that claims Hillary is just as bad as Trump is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If Trump does have something on Hillary, lets hope it's good. I think the entire world has been waiting for some kind of Truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

The only thing Trump has on Hillary are rehashed conspiracy theories from the 90s

Meanwhile Trump is giving material to her campaign every day

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'll risk 4 years of Billary
for the pleasure of witnessing 4 minutes of Trump's concession speech.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I don't think she's a "conservative" at all. Not sure why you're telling me that.

She is an establishment icon - she has nearly unprecedented experience, and she is definitely stating that she will build on what Obama has accomplished.
I don't really have any problem with that.....
as long as she does the job, and doesn't just walk around straightening her crown......

has she earned it?
Well, she's certainly a 'senior' contender.

Again - I am pleased pink that Bernie was able to push her so far left in her stump speeches.....he made a real difference....and I have no doubt she will be held accountable.

Obama was an "unknown". Now we have her.....a "known." Bernie has done a fantastic job of forcing her to go further left than she (apparently) intended to.

edit on 6/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

What would you consider a "reputable source"?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah most Bernie supporters will vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson.
Maybe Bernie teams up with Jill to make a third party run.
They are a little upset at the 500 super-delegates thing. They are not going to vote for Trump after Bernie has been criticizing him for months.

Imagine 4 parties in the general election debates at the same time.

Greens - Jill Stein/Bernie Sanders
Democrats - Hillary/who cares
Republicans - Trump/who cares
Libertarians - Gary Johnson/Bill Weld

edit on 8-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 8-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 8-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

The super delegates are irritating but "fair" as they were a known factor of the competition. What's really got Bernie supporters in a tizzy is all the electoral fraud and voter suppression.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I guess what really matters here is whether the Bernie supporters were legit...or simply full of crap. If they were legit that they are done with our elite, corrupt, establishment government...they should show that in their vote. If they were simply full of crap and didn't really care about fixing anything...vote for Hilary. I do believe that a small percentage will actually have the balls to vote for Trump just to stick it to the establishment. But I don't believe the majority has the guts...the balls nor the American hero mentality to do so.

But I will tell you this. If it had been Trump, Sanders and Jeb Bush...and Trump lost. I would be voting for Bernie. Yup...that is the honest truth. Now...I don't think Sanders would pass anything as President because his math doesn't work and his ideas are just a bit too nutty to fly. But in order to make the point, to destroy the establishment and start getting people who actually want what is in the benefit of the true Americans...I would have to vote Bernie Sanders.

Therefore, what I am actually, really hoping for is that Sanders runs as a 3rd party candidate. Drain those votes from Hilary and make the race Trump vs. Sanders as it should be. I would vote for Trump but if Sanders were to win...I could live with that much more happily than watching Clinton drive more nails into our countries coffin.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

The super delegates are irritating but "fair" as they were a known factor of the competition. What's really got Bernie supporters in a tizzy is all the electoral fraud and voter suppression.

I take exception to your use of the word "fair". While it was a known fact that the democratic nomination involved these "Super Delegates" (by they way...who the hell came up with that f-ed up name?)...knowing that it is NOT fair, doesn't make it fair. It was rigged on your side of the political isle from the beginning. They eliminated the value of your vote, they only have these delegates to keep the people of the left from having their wishes realized and they know it is unfair.

They just don't care.

PS: To all you on the left who wanted Bernie...welcome! You have now experienced what us on the right hate so much about liberal/progressives. Their insane need to win despite anyone, despite what is right, despite facts, despite YOU. It is YOUR leaders screwing YOU out of YOUR vote, YOUR leaders forcing their agenda upon YOU just as they do with every other citizen. Their way or the highway. And you are going to lie there like a neutered cat and take it.
edit on 6/9/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/9/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I voted for Bernie. I will vote for Hillary.

I'm seeing the same statement from other Bernie supporters on my Facebook feeds.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That's why I put fair in quotation marks. It was "fair" in the sense that it was an expected challenge. A handicap to tip the scales, rather than outright cheating, if you would.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Will you vote for Hillary, or will you strategically vote against Trump, and see Hillary as the only viable alternative?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton has received three million more votes from the American people than Bernie Sanders has.

While delegate counts, not unlike Electoral Votes, do not always represent the popular vote in a one-to-one manner in a party primary or a representative democracy (republic), that fundamental fact that Clinton has millions more votes than Sanders is true no matter what any ideologue says or believes.

It is absurd to suggest that anyone who supports the political platform of Senator Sanders would seriously consider even for a second supporting the absurd, ego-driven spiel that passes as a "platform" for candidate Donald J. Trump.

The fact is that Sanders is not and never has been a Democrat; he is an Independent (who defines himself as a Social Democrat) and should have (and still should in my opinion) run his campaign on that basis, rather than chafing under the aegis of the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

that fundamental fact that Clinton has millions more votes than Sanders is true no matter what any ideologue says or believes

That fundamental fact is fundamentally forgetting the uncounted votes, suppressed votes, stolen votes, so on and so forth. Such as, for instance, the 126,000 Democrats purged from Brooklyn.

So really, your fundamental fact is sort of more of a fundamental suggestion that is unreliable and has a lawsuit against it, that you have convinced yourself is a fundamental fact.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

that fundamental fact that Clinton has millions more votes than Sanders is true no matter what any ideologue says or believes

That fundamental fact is fundamentally forgetting the uncounted votes, suppressed votes, stolen votes, so on and so forth. Such as, for instance, the 126,000 Democrats purged from Brooklyn.

So really, your fundamental fact is sort of more of a fundamental suggestion that is unreliable and has a lawsuit against it, that you have convinced yourself is a fundamental fact.

Your exceptions cover just about every conceivable possibility of error and malfeasance with voting, which is not atypical for those whose candidate of choice has lost. You're not referring to anything concrete, and if you are, do so with specific instances and citations and I'll be glad to discuss it rationally. What lawsuit? Where? Brought by whom? What "uncounted" votes? What "stolen" votes? And so on, and so forth?

(This would probably be done better in a different thread, but perhaps we can explore it here briefly with the indulgence of the OP, if you wish.)

Grumbling about how unfair a process is when you joined a party less than a year ago (Sanders) seems counter-productive. It makes it seem like one has taken advantage of a political process that offers exposure on a national stage when one really, fundamentally, disagrees with not only the Democratic platform, but apparently, how votes are counted and delegates are assigned.

At the moment, in the official count, Hillary is 3M votes ahead of Bernie. Claiming anything else is simply inaccurate if not wishful thinking.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Trump is the most blue vote.

What a dumb year.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

From my own window, I see it as people not fully understanding the voting process and party rules until it's too late. Sooner or later it will have an effect.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

From my own window, I see it as people not fully understanding the voting process and party rules until it's too late. Sooner or later it will have an effect.

I don't disagree.

I will say something else. If Bernie represents a trend in American politics to leave the stilted "Two Party" process behind, I am more than for it. I wish the Founders had discovered a way to eliminate parties altogether, as they are fundamentally in conflict with the American Constitutional process (at least in George Washington's opinion). As they didn't, we've been saddled with an extra-democratic process (or extra-republican process) in this country that fundamentally detracts from the will of the People being represented by the elective process.

On another note, Senator Sanders is not a Democrat, has not been one for his whole career. One could say that he is an agent of change utilizing the party structures to offer a different solution, or, less charitably, that he has used the Democratic primary process to gain national exposure that he probably would not have otherwise garnered.

Either way, the question of the Democratic nominee at this point is settled. I would love to see Bernie run on his own. I would love, for that matter, to see an actual Republican-Conservative run alongside Clinton, Trump and Sanders.

It's time to leave "the lesser of two evils" behind ... forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join