It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something You Don't See Often, Even If You're Looking At It.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
You must have a good camera, how many pixels is that photo? Pity people who spot thylacines or UFOs can't get such clear photos.

Ha ha. Ain't that the truth!

It's a great photo. Never heard of these birds before.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So cool. Looks like a cross between a Owl and a Whippoorwill . Awesome pictures.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well the jury is in and they are not, disappointingly, Marbled Frogmouths.

They are conclusively Tawny Frogmouths. And just for a laugh, this is what they look like when they are young;

Cool little dudes nevertheless.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They've been around for a while and I knew they were there. Initially I thought they were just Tawny Frogmouths, but now I reckon they may very well be Marbled.

As for identification, well if I was a hard core foaming at the mouth greenie, I'd have netted them, glued on a bloody great GPS tracking thingy and prized it's eyes open for absolute identification. Fortunately I'm not one of them. I have however sent the photos to the outfit suggested by hellobruce.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Yeah, best to leave them alone! The pics are really cool, in any case. Hopefully, they can tell one way or the other. What sort of sounds do they make?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Well the jury is in and they are not, disappointingly, Marbled Frogmouths. 

Still an amazing shot, and find

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How does a gene get programmed in DNA to match it's surroundings? Some animals camouflage are so good there's no way it evolved by chance.

Add camouflage to your list of reasons why ID is the smarter choice over Darwinism.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Please.

If you're going to try and subvert any thread of mine, AT LEAST HAVE THE GODDAM DECENCY TO RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY.

Spineless, yes you are.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Tempter

Please.

If you're going to try and subvert any thread of mine, AT LEAST HAVE THE GODDAM DECENCY TO RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY.

Spineless, yes you are.

Address you directly? Okay.

Pretty birds, thanks for sharing. Sorry for the tangent. It just came to mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
How does a gene get programmed in DNA to match it's surroundings? Some animals camouflage are so good there's no way it evolved by chance.

Add camouflage to your list of reasons why ID is the smarter choice over Darwinism.

The better camouflaged birds survived. The bright orange version didn't. Q.E.D.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Tempter

The better camouflaged birds survived. The bright orange version didn't. Q.E.D.

Yep.

Survival of the fittest, and the best camouflaged.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Awesome find! Those are really cool moments. It's even cooler when you have a little one (or an oblivious one) along with you and you can point it out. Little ones are better because they have that sense of wonder about seeing it all.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That doesn't explain HOW a bird ends up looking exactly like a tree. It only explains that a bird which looks more like the tree is better equipped to survive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join