It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is there real immortals among us?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

He was a fictional character used to create a religion, same with other prophets. You believe he was real and that's ok, I have other ideas based on evidence.

This is not the right thread to discuss it...

This is relevant to the thread because Jesus was the first ascended master (immortal), who left the door open for those who would follow him (Revelation 3:8). To say he was ficitonal would be to discredit the First Fruit of the Immortal Tree of Life.

If he was fabricated to create a Religion, the early apostles would not have foregone martyrdom for the sake of something fake. This isn't a conspiracy for control. In fact, all Jesus's teachings are anti-tyrannical, and support a communal mutualistic form of living like the apostles created shortly after Jesus left them (Acts 4:32). This sort of lifestyle prepares the people for a translation into the New Jerusalem, a transcendent occurence to initiate the new into the transcendent Living God - from death to life.

Plato hypothesized a similar type of city to allow the ascension of souls. He believed this world to be like a receptacle for souls to be initiated into the world of Form (heaven). From this temporal life we transition into a permanent life, this is ideally supposed to occur within our lifetime (John 11:25-26), but many ignorantly wait until death to attempt to receive it.

A caterpillar is not meant to remain a caterpillar unto death. But who can believe the butterfly is the fate of the caterpillar?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
This is relevant to the thread because Jesus was the first ascended master (immortal), who left the door open for those who would follow him (Revelation 3:8). To say he was ficitonal would be to discredit the First Fruit of the Immortal Tree of Life.

There is no evidence for the 'immortal tree of life'. You need faith to believe it and I don't possess such faith. I need proof.

If he was fabricated to create a Religion, the early apostles would not have foregone martyrdom for the sake of something fake. This isn't a conspiracy for control. In fact, all Jesus's teachings are anti-tyrannical, and support a communal mutualistic form of living like the apostles created shortly after Jesus left them (Acts 4:32). This sort of lifestyle prepares the people for a translation into the New Jerusalem, a transcendent occurence to initiate the new into the transcendent Living God - from death to life.

Religions were created to oppress the masses, and they still do to this day. More people have been killed in the name of one God or another than they have been killed by disease, colonialism or greed.

You said the apostles became martyrs as they were unwilling to recant their beliefs. How do you know? Where is the evidence for that? Where does it say they died as martyrs for their faith in Jesus?

Plato hypothesized a similar type of city to allow the ascension of souls. He believed this world to be like a receptacle for souls to be initiated into the world of Form (heaven). From this temporal life we transition into a permanent life, this is ideally supposed to occur within our lifetime (John 11:25-26), but many ignorantly wait until death to attempt to receive it.

A caterpillar is not meant to remain a caterpillar unto death. But who can believe the butterfly is the fate of the caterpillar?

Of course Plato believe that, in ancient times they didn't have the knowledge we have (of biology, astronomy, physics etc). Hence why our cave dwelling ancestors created deities, to explain natural phenomena (like death, birth, lightning, thunders, you name it) that we now understand clearly.

I used to be a Christian, Cooper, reading the Bible from beginning to end killed my faith.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Many think the first fruits are the family and eat of it in bias of all other life being family... of course that is the tree of knowledge chewing on things that have come out of others mouths like baby birds and then inverting it to suit ones own taste and then crapping it out of ones own mouth.

The tree of life? Same except one does not invert anything and simply flies through all life as a fluidity that quenches all thirst instead of emptying the well of life in ignorance of greed and hate due to craving and attachment to an impermanent form as ones own form and being.

Released from such nonsense then it constantly flows on and on but not in the chaos that it appears in such limitation.

Thre is hope outside of this prison or pandoras box of two trees or two bubbles of duality and self and other...

The main problem in the human realm is attachment to name and form... we are all creators and destroyers in such a system of duality unfortunately attached to something other than life? We take it over and over instead of simply being it.

Energy and matter are one fluctuating potiential and what is it we do with this potiential? Do we create something for all life in a unity? Or have we become the plague of death... we ride the 4 horses ourselves each and every single one of us still attached to limited form.

Not attached to limited form then one is simply a force of nature as all life itself inifinte being infinite form... thought is a limit if a tree falls into a canyon does another tree echo it?

edit on 30-11-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Religions were created to oppress the masses, and they still do to this day. More people have been killed in the name of one God or another than they have been killed by disease, colonialism or greed.

From my own experience, when I held the mentality of "survival of the fittest" and was an atheist I did some terrible things... It seemed logical to me to do whatever I could get away with while avoiding the consequences. I imagine this on a larger scale than a highschool boy corrupting his corridors (the age I was during my atheist phase), and think of world leaders, CEOs, etc, and what sort of destruction they spread all the while justifying it with "logical" atheism, i.e. survival of the fittest.

There is no evidence for the 'immortal tree of life'. You need faith to believe it and I don't possess such faith. I need proof.

Quantum physics shows us that the observer is responsible for their reality - perhaps try a suspension of your disbelief... Not necessarily with Jesus or God, but just in general. Stop not believing and observe the effect it has on your reality.

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

The main problem in the human realm is attachment to name and form... we are all creators and destroyers

Have you ever considered Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and how relevant it is to our human experience?
edit on 30-11-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Uncertianty just means placing a doubt until there is none.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm pretty sure there are some really old people living here on earth. They sure aren't going to tell us how old they are. Someone will cut them open or suck out all their blood to find out why they live so long. Everyone will look the other way feeling that they will benefit from what is found out.

Along with immortality goes a special diet that matches a person's genetics. It also would require special genetics that slows down regeneration while keeping blood cells living longer.

Think vampire, cool body temperature, strange diet, and flies around a lot so the person would have a lot of frequent flier miles that they use.

Ahhhh...... Henry Kissinger.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"Chinese immortals".. yes.. such people do exist. I am one myself, although I haven't found the elixir yet myself in this life.. what I am saying is that I have in past lives reached such a level, meaning a certain level of spiritual evolution. I am the Prince of Darkness after all, ruler of the Seven Patalas.

But yes, such people do exist, people that are older than 120 years.. 200 years and older. They have reached the vidyadhara level of longevity through practice, you can't be born enlightened or awake all the time, that's not how it works. You have to put in the work most of the time..

I plan to live long though.. When I find the golden crystal I will have secured my immortality, I'll steal a few of those peaches of immortality too, as insult and revenge against the authorities of heaven. I will be like Lo Pan shooting bolts of lightning at people and commanding legions of demons and undead.. Terrorizing the living during the end times and retreating to my tower of darkness to hatch further diabolical schemes. I'll have to find some further purpose through sinister scheming, something to be obsessed about to pass the time. Some grand mystical quest to pursue.. maybe just total power and dominion.

Or galactic level power.. the power to destroy a galaxy.. I always looked down at planetary level destruction and planetary lord level power as immensely weak..

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

From my own experience, when I held the mentality of "survival of the fittest" and was an atheist I did some terrible things... It seemed logical to me to do whatever I could get away with while avoiding the consequences.

If you need religion to tell you what's right or wrong or if you avoid causing harm just so that YOU avoid the consequences, YOU lack morality and YOU lack empathy.

Look at the world: the most violent,intolerant and unstable countries are all highly religious.

And the 'survival of the fittest' has nothing to do with being an atheist, it's all down to each individual. In fact, non religious people (including children) have been shown to be more generous and kind to others, whilst religious people seem to be nice only with those belonging to their specific group. Atheists do not judge others by what kind of religion people belong to, by sexual orientation, etc. Religious people do.

Quantum physics shows us that the observer is responsible for their reality

Please provide evidence for the above.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Keanu Reeves is immortal or so it's claimed anyway.

m.coviral.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

I will be like Lo Pan shooting bolts of lightning at people and commanding legions of demons and undead.. Terrorizing the living during the end times and retreating to my tower of darkness to hatch further diabolical schemes.

Klingsor...?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Keanu Reeves is immortal or so it's claimed anyway.

Booo

Boooooo

just

BOOOOOOO

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

If you need religion to tell you what's right or wrong or if you avoid causing harm just so that YOU avoid the consequences, YOU lack morality and YOU lack empathy.

Chill with the finger wagging, I was in high school, morality was not a logical thing to my young atheist mind at the time - the self was the only thing that was important because all ends in naught so morality was erroneous at best.

Look at the world: the most violent,intolerant and unstable countries are all highly religious.

The xenophobic media is spreading its sickness. If only you knew the injustices that occur daily to these countries that are under the ironclad grip of western parasitism.

non religious people (including children) have been shown to be more generous and kind to others, whilst religious people seem to be nice only with those belonging to their specific group.

Baseless

Atheists do not judge others by what kind of religion people belong to, by sexual orientation, etc. Religious people do.

Atheists don't judge others, unless they disagree with the atheist's conclusions - then they are ignorant creationists, falling for a fairy tale, etc. You seem to have a deep disdain for anyone with spirituality.

"Quantum physics shows us that the observer is responsible for their reality"

Please provide evidence for the above.

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
– Max Planck (The Nature of Matter - speech in 1944 Italy)

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
- Max Planck (The Observer - 25 January 1931)

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."
- Max Planck (Where is Science Going? (1932)

edit on 1-12-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Chill with the finger wagging, I was in high school, morality was not a logical thing to my young atheist mind at the time - the self was the only thing that was important because all ends in naught so morality was erroneous at best.

Chill with the finger wagging? LOL You were the one that said "think of world leaders, CEOs, etc, and what sort of destruction they spread all the while justifying it with "logical" atheism". You were finger wagging at atheists first. But I'm used to this hypocritical behaviour when I give my opinion on religions to religious people.

Baseless

There have been many studies on the subject.

Nonreligious children are more generous

Are Religious People Really More Generous Than Atheists? A New Study Puts That Myth to Rest

Atheists don't judge others, unless they disagree with the atheist's conclusions - then they are ignorant creationists, falling for a fairy tale, etc. You seem to have a deep disdain for anyone with spirituality.

Funny you say that, because I am actually spiritual, I am a spiritual agnostic. I've said it many times here, I don't know whether God or Goddess exists or not, no proof either way. But what I know is that religions are all man made to oppress the masses, and that there is no historical evidence of Jesus.

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
– Max Planck (The Nature of Matter - speech in 1944 Italy)

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
- Max Planck (The Observer - 25 January 1931)

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."
- Max Planck (Where is Science Going? (1932)

Can you provide a study I can read please? Not quotes that are a century old.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

your very calm coop in your responses
real respect for keeping a level head

Jesus was the first ascended master (immortal)

i don't agree with this
but it's understandable perspective

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Chill with the finger wagging? LOL You were the one that said "think of world leaders, CEOs, etc, and what sort of destruction they spread all the while justifying it with "logical" atheism".

I was extrapolating on my ideologies as a high school student, transplanting it onto people that hold power with that same ideology. It's a dangerous mentality, thinking that the self is all that matters.

Funny you say that, because I am actually spiritual, I am a spiritual agnostic. I've said it many times here, I don't know whether God or Goddess exists or not, no proof either way. But what I know is that religions are all man made to oppress the masses, and that there is no historical evidence of Jesus.

So you're agnostic (meaning to not know), but you "know" that a particular belief is untrue?

Can you provide a study I can read please? Not quotes that are a century old.

Here is the Copenhagen Interpretation, which is epidomized by the double-slit experiment

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

i don't agree that Jesus was the first ascended master
but it's understandable perspective

From my research, He was the one to open the gates. Apparently Enoch and Elijah were waiting in a sort of Lower Heaven until the gates to the Most High were opened by Jesus. Here is from chapter 135 from Pistis Sophia:

Mary Magdalene answered and said unto the Saviour: "My Lord, before thou didst come to the region of the rulers and before thou didst come down into the world, hath no soul entered into the Light?"

The Saviour answered and said unto Mary: "Amēn, amēn, I say unto you Before I did come into the world, no soul hath entered into the Light. And now, therefore, when I am come, I have opened the gates of the Light and opened the ways which lead to the Light. And now, therefore, let him who shall do what is worthy of the mysteries, receive the mysteries and enter into the Light."

Mary continued and said: "But, my Lord, I have heard that the prophets have entered into the Light."

The Saviour continued and said unto Mary: "Amēn, amēn, I say unto you: No prophet hath entered into the Light; but the rulers of the æons have discoursed with them out of the æons and given them the mystery of the æons. And when I came to the regions of the æons, I have turned Elijah and sent him into the body of John the Baptizer, and the rest also I turned into righteous bodies, which will find the mysteries of the Light, go on high and inherit the Light-kingdom"

Do you have any links regarding ascended masters from the B.C. era? I am interested, and wonder if they too talk about an intermediate heavenly realm. Dante Alighieri believed Plato was in a Limbo state, where he had all the knowledge of the Most High but was incapable of fully entering the holy city because Jesus had not come yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

So, you see, at least one of Jesus' disciples never died. He still walks the earth with us. Jesus commanded that he "tarry here" on earth, until Jesus returns.

You know what? The more I think about it, the more I think I actually met that man, that immortal disciple, when I was around 17 years old. During a particularly difficult time in my life, he told me that my real name was different from my given name, and that my real name was issued by God; he also promoted the reading of the Bible with a careful eye, and an open heart (which he said was a 'magic book'), much to the displeasure of my 'handlers' of that time. Additionally, during that period of time (in whch I was being manipulated by agents of some negative faction connected to the criminal underworld, themselves being directly linked by a sort of 'rat line' to real-world gang fraternities, secret societies & ultimately to a faction of Elite-based Satanism) he obliquely (in a particular situation raising the possibility of dangerous repercussions from such people) claimed to be "..stronger than all of them..." whom were under discussion - IE, absolutely in a position of singular dominant strength against the entire criminal underworld living in the biggest 'project' community in Manchester/ the UK/ Europe.

He was, apparently in actual fact, referring to being stronger than those operating in a place called Wythenshawe, which is notoriously run by the biggest & most inter-linked criminal fraternities in the North West of England, connected to national & international crime fraternities (and beyond, as described) in a hand-in-glove manner.. NB - here in the UK we call Project communities 'council estates'.

He claimed to be 'stronger' (he actually used the colloquial term: 'harder', from common English parlance) in such a way by being 'true to himself', and thereby existing in such true condition under the divine auspices & protection of God, who recognised his truthful state of existence & blessed him with unusual capabilities in return.

I have since become aware of all manner of weirdness occurring in the world (17 years on) - I became a Christian, married & had children, and basically kept myself well clear of all such fraternities. Still, interaction is actuated from without, with attempts at steering my worldview & focus away from my faith (which fail utterly, thank God, and hence have dried up almost completely in recent years). I perceive a connection between my natural 'parentage' and the global power elite faction which may be known as 'Nazi International' in some readings of modern history. I could go on for several pages - but suffice to say, I am thankfully coming into a more holistic & manageable world view, finally seeing my way out of the cognitive dissonance traps, becoming aware of the true nature of the battle.

Anyway, thanks for sparking the memory of that influental & unusual figure in my early adult life. He was genuinely a good man, there are so few, and I do believe that he was sent to me by the Lord himself.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So you're agnostic (meaning to not know), but you "know" that a particular belief is untrue?

Believing (or not) in God or in religion are two completely different things: God/Goddess could be real but it could well be different things, such as the force that links us to everybody and everything, it could be what we call love, it could be the spirit that inhabits every being and thing in the universe, etc. Religion is a doctrine, made of specific words on specific books, with specific rules and usually specific deities.

I have no doubts religions were created by men, look at the Bible for example, a book so full of scientific errors and contradictions, what kind of God would make so many errors and know so little? Besides that there is no historical evidence for Jesus, Paul, etc etc. Hence I believe the Christian religion (and others) were created by men.

But I cannot say the same about God, Gods or Goddesses. There may be a higher power out there but I am yet to see proof of it. I simply don't know.

Here is the Copenhagen Interpretation, which is epidomized by the double-slit experiment

I will come back to reply to this.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I suppose you didn't like the Princess Bride

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

ha...cheeky
she had a point.....

edit on 1-12-2016 by kibric because: BigBrotherDarkness has me dancing

new topics