It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is being tested at China Lake, Calif, to cause this notice?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

The question is, does it ONLY affect GPS. There are ways other than GPS that you can really accurately guide systems with now.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 There is a commercial aircraft tracking system in which the craft broadcasts its id, and gps lat lon among other data bits...monitoring that freq with the display software produces an ATC appearing screen of all traffic visible to your receiver.
maybe the purpose was to prevent monitoring of air traffic around China Lake????

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There are ways other than GPS that you can really accurately guide systems with now.

I did not know this. How is this done?

originally posted by: darkstar57
maybe the purpose was to prevent monitoring of air traffic around China Lake????

I hadn't thought of that angle.

a reply to: tweetie

This event is over several days. June 7, 9, 21,23, 28 and 30.
Did you listen to what Clyde Lewis had to say?

Hey, I just realized something. The dates are two nights midweek, for three weeks. 1 week, skip a week, then 2 weeks in a row. Hmmmm, any significance, any significance?....

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Run a test, analyze data, refine and run again, wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Tried to procure a paper map in Willow Springs, Missouri....turn out the Dollar General doesn't have everything you need.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I live in Plano Texas and was at the local Lexus Dealership for an oil change. The service guy says ' man you picked a bad day everyone is in today for service because the 2015 and 2016 GPS systems went crazy yesterday the 7th. Whatever Lexus uses for GPS was affected yesterday here in Texas.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tobiasjosias

Thanks for post! Weeeelll, now. This is intersting. Maybe no connection to China Lake but....

Today many Lexus owners were afflicted by a problem that saw their head units stuck in some kind of reboot loop. .... a spokesman told Bloomberg that the problem may have been caused by an application in the software updates it delivers via satellite. .....Update: Lexus tweeted out a statement, blaming the error on "errant data from our traffic and weather data service provider." The problem affected 2014 - 2016 model year Lexus vehicles and the 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser

source

and I found this

APPROVED GPS TESTING (UPDATED June 3, 2016 ) TEST PERIOD AP PROVED BY DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE , EXACT DATES AND TIMES OF TESTING, DURING APPROVED PERIOD, WILL BE DETERMINED BY TEST RANGE EVENT PLANNERS.

Area Range Date(s)
BNM White Sands Missile Range, NM WSMR 16 - 09 306 NM 1- 30 JUN 16 No
La Paz County, AZ YPG 16 - 01 87 NM 6,8,10 - 17,19 - 20,22,24 - 27,29 JUN 16 No
IVO Lincoln County, NV NTTR 16 - 04 224 NM 7,9 - 11,14,17,20 - 21 JUN 16 No Area Range Date(s) BNM

from this gov website

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tobiasjosias

If it was related to the China Lake test then it would have been more than just Lexus vehicles. Texas was also beyond the limits of the test range.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The Phenom is the only aircraft that has a stability system that relies on GPS to keep the aircraft stable. If they lose the GPS signal the stability system fails and they can lose control.
hey wts this never heard of it. can you elaborate. ive been a pilot in the past

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Here is a warning for GPS interruption over quite a wide range.

GPS Interference Notam For Southwest

Any ideas as to what is being tested? For what purpose? To be used where? What program it might be?

Feel free to contribute more questions as well as answers.

See they have a gps outage planned for white sands here.

www.navcen.uscg.gov...

As to why it appears this is testing for Internet service being offered by satellite. A company wants to provide nationwide cell and Internet the fear is it will disrupt GPS signals.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Now they are required to prove there system won't interfere and have been approved for testing.

www.fiercewireless.com...

Basically from what I got reading they want to use this new network with vastly improved speeds. The problem is terrestrial-only Long Term Evolution (LTE) network would use L-band spectrum adjacent to the L1 frequencies occupied by GNSS. So this testing will be to try to see if they can interfere and to what extent seems to be my guess. Also if it shoes that it can I see military benifit's as well.
edit on 6/8/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Indeed. Your first link is a similar site as the second link in my post above this one. In fact it leads to the same info I posted above in the second external source content.

Maybe the two gps testing (China Lake and White Sands) events are or are not related, but, wow, to me maybe the White Sands one did effect the satellite upload/download of the Lexus and Toyota devices. It could area wise, I believe.

I may have faced potential annihilation as a kid in the early Cold War, but the only unusual thing we had to do was duck and cover. Nowadays, my devices could be disrupted, and I would hate that!!

edit on 8-6-2016 by desert because: add the word "first"

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Basically from what I got reading they want to use this new network with vastly improved speeds. The problem is terrestrial-only Long Term Evolution (LTE) network would use L-band spectrum adjacent to the L1 frequencies occupied by GNSS. So this testing will be to try to see if they can interfere and to what extent seems to be my guess. Also if it shoes that it can I see military benifit's as well.

Yes. Do you think that might be for China Lake as well? White Sands has the terrestrial network already I think. Locata?

I still wonder if the events at the two sites are linked in some way or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Looks like a GPS jamming system of some kind.

Makes sense. If something posed a threat and needed GPS to achieve its end, a jamming mechanism would be extremely useful.

Could prevent a lot of bad stuff to be honest. Could it be used for nefarious purposes? Of course, just like most things. Butter knives are for butter, yet people have been killed by them. It's a part of what we deal with when it comes to what we make or put in place.

I hope some of you ATS members realize that this site and it's members serves as one of the many checks on the possibly nefarious uses of various technologies and many other things.

The world could be a hell of a lot more chaotic what with all of the tools and tech we have, yet it isn't. Something to consider.

As for this test, I do find it stupid to do so in this region. Seems really damn stupid and should be conducted in a more suitable location.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Quantum12

I know. Hey, it looks we're safe. We're not up in the air.

The testing centered at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division based in China Lake, Calif., could affect aircraft at least 50 feet off the ground within hundreds of miles of the base to as high as 40,000 feet above sea level nearly 550 miles away. The affected area is the shape of an upside-down layer cake, with the largest layer 40,000 feet high spanning California and Nevada, and stretching across much of Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Arizona.

media source

That big of an umbra eh?

Over an actively industrialized and highly populated area. What the hell are are they thinking? I'm sure everything will be fine, but this seems like a really risky maneuver and the data needed could easily be achieved in a better location.

Unless the data they are looking for involves all of the GPS devices being used by the various sources in these regions. Maybe they're looking for something.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Why can't they test their expensive toys over the ocean on ships and not effect air travel?

We need Zaph to chime in here.

Probably needs a HELL of a lot of power...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
so they try to turn it into a No fly zone?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If it can interfere with ID then 'accidental' loss of unwanted aircraft goes up a few notches..

Item goes off screen, then open to any action, another plane reappears with that ID...

Well put it another way, if the military are testing this is such a mass hard fashion its very unlikely to be for any good. As we have seen, things that do good take much longer to develop

edit on 9-6-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was listening to a show the other day that all they were talking about is this stuff happening.

Possibilities include but not limited to:
- hiding something, aircraft, base, etc.
- testing jamming equipment
- responding to something falling from the sky (Phoenix, AZ)
- could be testing cloaking tech
- testing weather control (why climate change is actually a topic for the government)

There was more but I can't think of them now.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

It's only affecting aircraft that uses GPS.

Thousands of light aircraft that don't use GPS will be fine, so I don't see how anything can be hidden here...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Aircraft, except the Phenom, fly just fine without GPS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join