It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight White Men Banned From Equality Conference

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really don't mind these things, honestly. I do think it's disturbing that university authorities don't see some of the extreme misconceptions being spread and work to correct them. These are people who are tired of being screwed over by the political class, but aren't smart enough to figure out how to stop it or that old-world systems of oppression have evolved beyond just race and gender.

Worst part is when they say things like "women can't succeed" or something similar. What an ignorant mind set that seeks to oppress the women who actually put the effort in to succeed instead of just crying for undeserved handouts in a society that goes out of it's way to protect women.

I have been to black panther meetings. Many of these people are hardcore black power types, but they are very welcoming to all. You may not be able to speak for them, but they will let you speak for yourself and have a civilized conversation with you. These "equality" events are just propaganda machines for some sort of twisted communist agenda.

but eh, what do I know? I'm just an underpaid white male joe schmoe that oppresses everyone I look at.
edit on 6/8/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A REPLY TO: Amazing,

So the question is, what if you're wrong and what if you said something like this post and a transgendered muslim confronted you and told you, you were wrong?

I would simply say "wow, you're a mess😉". (that was called a joke, back in the day people could handle such things without being triggered)

Seriously though, we wouldn't come to an agreement so I would just make sure to let them know that I have nothing against them as an individual, I'm not meaning to judge, and I agree we all deserve equal rights.

Live and let live.....I don't agree with those lifestyles but I know I'm not perfect so the mental energy I expend caring about these subjects stops there.

I don't foresee anybody convincing me to change my stance that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder and that Islam has no place in a civilized world.

I do not strive to be PC, I value my old world way of thinking.
edit on 8-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Konduit
/facepalm

The Regressive Left is at it again............More and more it seems like the most overt discrimination in modern America is coming from the "progressives"

First of all, if you plan on using these kinds of labels you should at least use them properly to make sense.

The Regressive Left aren't Progressives. That is why they are the "Regressive" Left rather than the "Progressive" Left.

Lumping them together as if they are of the same ideology doesn't make sense and might be part of your confusion as to what is happening and who's doing it.

I realize to many of you who consider yourselves to be on the Right in whichever sub class of Rightists you may be, a Progressive is a Regressive is a Liberal is a Democrat is a whatever. But that's not the case. Just like everyone on the so called right isn't the same kind of Conservative.

IMO, all the labels should be dropped because they're all BS and just cause division anyway. But if you plan on using them you should really first learn what they mean.
Well said

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Don't you just love the irony in the word progressives when applied to them..

Sponsors of the way back then machine I think...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
White people don't experience racism? I hate this line. It's obvious you haven't walked through a bad bit of project housing before. I was about 14 and distinctly remember hearing something along the lines of "don't look me in my eyes CRACKER". I'm sorry but most black kids these days don't hear stuff like that unless they maybe got into a heated argument with a redneck. There really aren't that many whites going around talking like that in public.
edit on 9-6-2016 by JBDTheBeast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JBDTheBeast

Why a redneck? Why stereotype people?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ummm. How can this be considered an equity conferance if they don't allow certain people?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't speak for any of you guys, but I'm quite sure the reason I haven't been invited to an equality conference is simply because none of the people attending are even close to equal with me, this is a compliment.

They're right...inequality is a guaranteed to exist at that conference if I attend...I'm nothing like them.

I am a unique snowflake...to equate me with anyone else is offensive to me.
edit on 9-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I have to repost this video you linked in a thread last week, it's such a great example of the path the progressives are trying to drag society down.

Just as 1984 was to some, just an absurd imaginary story, simply a novel, a book. It has come and gone, but has it really gone ?

Just as this Video Modern Educayshun is only a fictional future....... but is it ?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Konduit

Irrelevant - As a straight white male I would use my whitey intrigue to sidestep their discrimination by identifying as a black Rastafarian midget with body odour.

Their intolerance is no match for the brilliance of this white fellas wickedness.

think they will let me in if i just paint my face black? or is that racist too?
edit on 9-6-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: words

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Transracial.

No allocated bathroom as of yet - please refrain from purging while society discusses its options.

Your needs are important to us...please refrain from purging while society discusses its options.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Then it's not really an "equality" conference, is it?

Feel free to ignore. I will be.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Everyone still fears the Drunk White man at the Bar.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBDTheBeast

What's a "redneck"?

I'm being totally serious.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

So to punish those who might indeed be bigots, you're up for punishing all of them for the perceived crimes of a minority?

My, my...

Martin Luther King, Jr. would be so proud of some of y'all...

Watch carefully, assuming any of you can be bothered, the crowd. You know what I see? I see some dark skinned folks, I see some light skinned folks, and I see every shade in between folks. Care to guess the common thread between 'em all?

They're just folks.

Those were the true warriors for justice. Not this travesty masquerading as justice. This travesty is hatred masking itself as a "fight for justice". Hate and vengeance.

Proud? Actually he'd probably be sickened by it. But what do I know, I'm just a "typical" middle aged white guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
A reply to Ohanka, and OP:

All I know is that I would just looooove for an SJW to get in my face and call me names.....someone would be drinking their own blood.....

Ok, jerk, your response is to become violent?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
I really don't mind these things, honestly. I do think it's disturbing that university authorities don't see some of the extreme misconceptions being spread and work to correct them. These are people who are tired of being screwed over by the political class, but aren't smart enough to figure out how to stop it or that old-world systems of oppression have evolved beyond just race and gender.

Worst part is when they say things like "women can't succeed" or something similar. What an ignorant mind set that seeks to oppress the women who actually put the effort in to succeed instead of just crying for undeserved handouts in a society that goes out of it's way to protect women.

I have been to black panther meetings. Many of these people are hardcore black power types, but they are very welcoming to all. You may not be able to speak for them, but they will let you speak for yourself and have a civilized conversation with you. These "equality" events are just propaganda machines for some sort of twisted communist agenda.

but eh, what do I know? I'm just an underpaid white male joe schmoe that oppresses everyone I look at.

Actually, you make a very valid point. It does seem that those who do succeed are the ones who do not wallow around at events hearing how they are victims. They are too busy overcoming the challenges before them and reaching their set goals! They are not rare cases breaking the stereotypical oppression....they are the realist realizing their dreams of equality!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
when have white men practiced equality ? maybe a little after killing and exploiting a culture. Ill wait for examples

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
The inconveniences caused by the overthrow of repressive social systems that have for thousands and thousands of years subjugated women and 'other' races to subservient existence are to be expected when those who are loosing their position of 'master' reach to extremes to validate their own righteousness as exemplified by the cartoon displayed.

LOL! Are you serious? So you buy into all this SJW nonsense I take it? By the way; it's "loses" not "looses".

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I beg your pardon? Where did I mention to 'punish' anyone? Care to quote me directly, then I might know what you are talking about.

The line you have quoted from me is where someone was dismissing forced segregation as irrelevant because it happened 60 years ago which means (in their mind) that it is not a useful analogy to where people are or feel they are segregated today. What's that got to do with punishing anybody?

I do feel sorry for you, poor middle aged white guy, how do you put up with such attacks on you by people who............................. actually, middle aged white guys aren't attacked for their colour or gender, are they?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join