It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight White Men Banned From Equality Conference

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: amazing
Well as a real Social Justice Warrior, I've got to say, this is a non issue. And as a white male, I've got to say that I've never been discriminated against in any meaningful way nor will I probably ever be.
there is onvious discrimination happening in this story so why are you so sure it wont happen to you? Do you not care as long as its not you, and would you even care if it was you?

I would care to an extent but I know I could overcome it. As far as this story goes, I think it was handled the wrong way but I don't think discrimination was at the heart of the matter. It was about giving voice to those who felt like they've been discriminated against. Again, maybe not handle correctly but overall a non issue.

White males ARE the least discriminated against subset of humanity.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

So, you're telling me that this encyclopedia describes Hillary as a Communist, and an Anti-Semite? That seems unlikely. Or, the encyclopedia you're reading could be unreliable...
Actually I was wrong about her Palestinian roots she's a Turkish Cypriot according to the guardian which all glowing about her except for maybe the violent hashtag this woman tweeted
geez I
Had to edit this because of the auto correct function on my phone....like it has a mind of its own.
edit on 8-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Konduit
/facepalm

The Regressive Left is at it again............More and more it seems like the most overt discrimination in modern America is coming from the "progressives"

First of all, if you plan on using these kinds of labels you should at least use them properly to make sense.

The Regressive Left aren't Progressives. That is why they are the "Regressive" Left rather than the "Progressive" Left.

Lumping them together as if they are of the same ideology doesn't make sense and might be part of your confusion as to what is happening and who's doing it.

I realize to many of you who consider yourselves to be on the Right in whichever sub class of Rightists you may be, a Progressive is a Regressive is a Liberal is a Democrat is a whatever. But that's not the case. Just like everyone on the so called right isn't the same kind of Conservative.

IMO, all the labels should be dropped because they're all BS and just cause division anyway. But if you plan on using them you should really first learn what they mean.

Until "the left" disavows the "regressive left" they WILL be considered as one.

They like to lump racists in with "the right" so....why not.
edit on 8-6-2016 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Her hashtag tweet was pretty violent but ironically milo writing for breitbart supports her right to say it without the authoritarian state stepping in and arresting her,.,.,there's something to that of course, i didn't post his article because of the language. Nevertheless while I may have a negative opinion of her I may also champion her right to free speech...,,that is if they have that on the uk..,,,

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Lol, I don't know....i was just saying that since you identify as a straight white male you need to remember your freedom of speech is limited....

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Lol, I don't know....i was just saying that since you identify as a straight white male you need to remember your freedom of speech is limited....

Ha. I don't really believe that, do you? I mean, I just don't feel like I've ever had to be censored. I'm not totally PC, but I just say what I say with manners, generally.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Until "the left" disavows the "regressive left" they WILL be considered as one.

They like to lump racists in with "the right" so....why not.

There is no spokesperson for "The Left" so who are you expecting to disavow the "Regressive Left" exactly??? The Left isn't even a quantifiable group to begin with. It's basically anyone to the left of you politically so I'm not sure what you're waiting to hear or who you expect to say it.

Racists are on both the Right and the Left and we all know that. Now you're just sniveling.

But the reason why you should use the term correctly IMO is so you don't sound like a moron. When you use words incorrectly that's what you sound like to anyone who knows what the word actually means. I just figured I'd point out the meaning of the Regressive Left because it was being used along with Progressive Left as being the same thing, which it's not. But if you'd rather use it incorrectly go right ahead.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I really don't care about any of this because it doesn't affect my daily life. Most people are too busy being productive to organize or attend an equality conference.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ha. I don't really believe that, do you? I mean, I just don't feel like I've ever had to be censored. I'm not totally PC, but I just say what I say with manners, generally.

To an extent yes I do believe this.

For example, I think gender dysphoria or being trans is a mental disorder that society should not be catering to or encouraging. Especially when it comes to kids.....i think that's sick and people who believe that should just disappear IMO.

I think Islam is a terrible religion and it should be abolished from the face of the earth. Too many innocent women and children have died in horrific ways. I don't care if there are good Muslims, the religion is a fail. Radicals ruined it. Plus from what I've read the Qur'an calls for and dictates that ruthless behavior.

I love the idea of securing our boarders.

All those things and more I'm technically allowed to say, but I set myself up for name calling and to be ostracized by a large group.

It used to not be like that.....PC culture is growing out of control.
edit on 8-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
White guys get blamed for everything. Even if white guys didn't or did have anything to do with it, there is still an invisible white man that makes life suck for those who complain about that nonsense.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not even surprised. These are special snowflakes and SJWs after all. After all logic and intelligence are not something SJWs are ever known to have; after all one of the requirements to be a SJW/PC is to not have a brain. This just shows that the SJWs need to be purged ASAP as there worse than cancer.
edit on 8-6-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KaibaTheJedi

OK, there's really no way to say this without coming across like an #hole, so I'll just get it over with.
When criticizing a person or group for not having a brain, poor sentence structure and spelling do not help your argument.
I apologize for being rude, but sometimes it simply cannot be helped.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's why my signature is what it is.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only nonbinary person who is not a sniveling crybaby like these people are. It is quite disgusting really the way these Hunts slither about like the hedonistic space slugs they are.

I remember my days in college, and there were no such thing as safe space- for reference, I am 25.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

"Hedonistic Space Slugs". I cannot even tell you how much I love that phrase. Thank you, you put a smile on my face, and after the day I had, I needed it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

To an extent yes I do believe this.

For example, I think gender dysphoria or being trans is a mental disorder that society should not be catering to or encouraging. Especially when it comes to kids.....i think that's sick and people who believe that should just disappear IMO.

I think Islam is a terrible religion and it should be abolished from the face of the earth. Too many innocent women and children have died in horrific ways. I don't care if there are good Muslims, the religion is a fail. Radicals ruined it. Plus from what I've read the Qur'an calls for and dictates that ruthless behavior.

I love the idea of securing our boarders.

All those things and more I'm technically allowed to say, but I set myself up for name calling and to be ostracized by a large group.

It used to not be like that.....PC culture is growing out of control.

I think the problem is that I don't agree with you but I think we should have a discussion about it. I don't want to censor you though. I have problems with all of Abraham's Religions, not just Islam. I think there are very real Trans gendered people out there and they should have the same rights as you and I.

The only problem is when we revert to insulting each other or when our stance becomes so hardened that we can't take in new information.

So the question is, what if you're wrong and what if you said something like this post and a transgendered muslim confronted you and told you, you were wrong?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm holding my own damn conference.
If you don't have boobs, and can't cover your own drinking tab, you are not allowed.
The bathroom is non segregated.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sounds like segregation to me. Isn't that illegal?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

originally posted by: redhorse

I have found out that I am not as European as I thought or looked, but my identifying culture is white, rural American, and my phenotype is best defined as Europid. Too mixed and generalized to be anything else. But what do I latch onto for my roots? Italian, Austrian, French, Czech, German, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Welsh, Scottish, British, Irish, Swedish, Finnish, Native American, East Asian, African, West Asian, Jewish? Which one? All of those are strong, distinctly different cultures. Mine is white American. It's how I was raised. It's how I look. It's still a culture even if it's not as old as the ones that have shaped it. I do think our educational institutions, in the mid to lower echelons that is, teach students to dismiss that, or at least devalue it, which is a tried and true necessity toward subjugating a population--destroy their culture. In this case, we're often led to believe that we don't have one. Rich, white kids get to have their white culture, and people that are clearly a minority get to have theirs because they are not enough of a threat... yet, but not the rest of us though. I am at the point where I'm wondering why we can't all just consider ourselves American in the U.S. and drop it.

Now before I say what I am about to say, I would like everyone to know that I could not care any less what someone's background is. I love learning about new cultures and ways of life so I can say this knowing full well that because I am "white" this may come off as racist.....but I'm going to say it anyway...

Black people are very mixed as well. There are so many different cultures and ways of life within Africa and the black communities over there. Yet somehow African-American is a term but if you're European American, you are white. It boggles my mind.

Or the South African kid who got in a world of butt-hurt at school because he identified himself as African American on the school's paperwork to classify, define and divide their student population ... because he could not be African because he was white?

To deny prejudice is good but to deny reality based on a prejudice purportedly against prejudice ... insanity seems a kind description.
edit on 8 6 2016 by TinFoilSuit because: At not As

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Sounds like segregation to me. Isn't that illegal?

Only if you are white ...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
That's discrimination. No different than "no blacks allowed in this restaurant."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join