It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoyed by so much off topic chit chatting in good threads!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't take it to heart Augustus, I enjoy reading your posts and a little tongue and cheek among all the doom and gloom and political ranting. Who doesn't want to smile once in awhile. I just think some posters need to lighten up. Life is too short to complain about the little things in life that may give people a moment to chuckle. The world needs to smile more often to relieve the everyday stress we have in our lives.

I'm guilty of doing it at times.

edit on 7-6-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

this thread will get shut down because of petulant babies like you who cannot handle free discourse

man the fook up

you make open ended slurs against ` them ` and think its ok to tack such insults on to the end of your whinning

you are so poorly trained that a illiterate goat shagger from outer mongolia who has never seen a computer before would do a better job

Lol if it's going to be that kind of party...

You're posts are nothing but pretentious verbal liquid courage . Put down the # pipe and step up from behind th the keyboard lol!

I was trying avoid this with idiots like you.

You're an ape and also ignorant?

You don't say!

The name suits you well princess.

I bet I get reported now because of a little baby just like you preaching that hypocrisy a while ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

In the UK we have a word we say to people like you.

Diddums.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

This place has been functioning just fine without you. For years

I live for the off road stuff. If you take that away, sometimes all we have left is stuff you think is important

If you catch my drift

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

My favorite candy. What is yours?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

yay i can add my post now, as useless as it may be, i only wanted to say i agree with the op, there is a rampant problem around here with serious topics in serious threads getting hijacked by wisecracks mockery and jokes, it always frustrates me to see and i feel this site could use a little more strict enforcement of the "offtopic posts" guidelines.

there thats all i felt i had to say,

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cautionary note with the reopening of this thread: Please do NOT attempt to single out and attack individual members.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sometimes threads dissolve into joke threads, because there is nothing really left to say.

Sometimes they dissolve into joke threads, because, well, the premise is a joke. Own it.

On serious topics when someone makes a joke, I'm usually appreciative for the chance to smile, provided it's not too nasty or hurtful.

But the thread, if a good one, can always be guided back to the original topic and even people who make jokes add to the conversation. If a good serious conversation is going on, a joke here and there is not going to change that.

Anyway. I like jokes and wise cracks.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

yay i can add my post now, as useless as it may be, i only wanted to say i agree with the op, there is a rampant problem around here with serious topics in serious threads getting hijacked by wisecracks mockery and jokes, it always frustrates me to see and i feel this site could use a little more strict enforcement of the "offtopic posts" guidelines.

there thats all i felt i had to say,

Thanks for your opinion!!!!! I'm sure that your post will be taken into serious consideration by the powers that be and acted upon as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This thread has been very enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
The only reason I awarded you a much coveted star is because Tool are a very good band.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Don't take it to heart Augustus, I enjoy reading your posts...

Thank you and I never do.

edit on 8-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

likewise the only reason i give your own post a star

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: nonspecific

If they ask me to change it, I'll change it. You can roll over where the name would be to see it. It's not like I've hacked my way into anonymity or something.

I changed it to a blank avatar in protest, simply because the repeating image down the side of posts is annoying.

I know but it's really rather annoying having to have to do that to be honest.

A bit like having to scroll through off topic chat in a thread

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Oh I see how it is. Explain to me how my above comment is off topic to this thread which about OFF TOPIC comments?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join