It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some truth about the Iraq War and Chris Kyle from the Navy SEALs he served with

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

What did you and your moral fiber contribute besides angry internet rants?

I'm sure it's something magnificent and impressive as all hell.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There's nothing impressive and magnificent about war.

I suppose you took part and are proud, huh?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: gladtobehere

Some of us don't give a damn about your uneducated self's respect. And generally speaking, the ones who are screaming about how you should respect them are the ones that did the least during what you term illegal and immoral wars.

So now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, because very often the ones who demand your respect are the ones who contributed little to nothing, and the ones who did some work couldn't give a toss about you or your respect for them.

Guess you showed us though.

do you get a kick at disrespecting folks from the keyboard.

read his comments and read yours. how did you spin your tripe from his comment...

the voices, or however you picture people via your keyboard, are probable misleading you.
(imagine a real conversation with the post above you as dialogue, and when its your turn to speak, thats what comes out in the conversation. im going to guess you dont really care what the meaning of the last sentence, tries to say.you have another slick rebuttal just like the quote above.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: swimmer15

Awesome congrats on becoming a swimmer that program deserves it's own respect.

for real.
back in greatlakes (back in the day) those guys went through hell.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

I'd suspect the ONLY place you'd get the truth is from these guys.

They wouldn't have been there if it wasn't ordered so by the politicians. Try targeting the right people....

('hate to break it to you').....

So you are defending the Nazis too?

They were just following orders too...sick of the mindless drone excuse that they were just following orders from the higher ups. My boss gave me an unethical task once and I quit. My unethical task didn't involve invading a country based on lies and turning it upside down.

Must be nice to live in that comfortable bubble that you have.

That trail of littered DU will haunt that part of the globe beyond our lifetime.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'm sorry what? "The voice" you have just comes out an incomprehensible mumble of irrelevancy. I can't help you understand why somebody talking about how they don't respect a certain class of people who neither need nor want their respect ties together. It's pretty basic stuff and I don't know how to Barney style it any further for you.

Conversation is as follows: one person speaks, somebody else responds. Which is what happened. Then a third party decided to come along and play the white knight.

But I'm sure you'll just have some attempt at wit to respond with now (because I've spoken, now it's your turn; again, that's how conversation works).

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Nazi's... seriously... that's your go to argument...

If you can seriously make that comparison I strongly urge you to pick up a book and study... or better yet go to Germany and talk to people who's parents served the Reich, then come back and try to make an argument that makes sense.

eta: Guess what if your enlisted you cant quit... so what go AWOL and have that specter over your head? 90% of the people in the military have probably never fired a gun in a combat situation... were we all Nazi's?
edit on 8-6-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

What I said was-in case retention is a problem- that these guys are most likely to speak sooth. Certainly as opposed to the politicians. Is that so hard for you to understand? I seems rather a basic/101 level concept.

I see no point in addressing your Nazi positioning without you getting the simple truth of what I posted. Certainly not 'ethics' which you seem to supplant with self-righteous indignation as opposed to logic or fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not to mention, "Nazi" is a political label, not a military one. If the poster had used Wehrmacht instead of Nazi there 'might' be an analogy.

Before one can study 'history' with any chance of understanding, one needs the view that there is something there to learn...as opposed to already having an opinion that trumps all others.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
My respect for men and women of the military will be restored when I see them refuse to serve in our non-stop, illegal, immoral wars of aggression, en masse.

This is catch-22, as we have an all-volunteer military where people really know what they're getting into, at least at this point. When I joined in 1998, the military was a cake-walk with a tiny chance that you may be deployed on some "peace-keeping mission." Nowadays, if you join, you are joining because you believe in what we are fighting for, or you're just plain ignorant.

I would not join now, knowing what I know. I had two friends in military intelligence in the Army, and I and my wife were part of the JAG Corps. We were all privy to the worst things that went on in the military. I really do despise what it has turned into, but would not deter people from joining under their own accord, because I do really think that, if we get someone with a little intelligence in at Commander-In-Chief, we could end this world policing that we are currently leading and perpetual pattern of regime changes that result in groups of people who hate us.

This isn't going to happen during the next presidency, though. It's really disappointing.

The difference between you and I, though, is that I still have respect for those who serve, because I know what it entails and I know the sacrifices that they're willing to make on behalf of other people. If you disregard that, then that's on you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join