It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some truth about the Iraq War and Chris Kyle from the Navy SEALs he served with

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jocko Willink is an amazing motivator in my eyes and I really like his perspective on extreme ownership.

This is personally one of my favorite videos to listen to, it's almost a mantra for me. It's a reflection of my favorite Machiavelli quote;

He who neglects what is done for what ought to be done, sooner effects his ruin than his preservation

Here's the episode I'm talking about where Jocko interviews fellow SEAL officer Leif Babin...

In this episode they get into Chris Kyle and where his nickname the legends comes from. Lief was his commander(lack of terminology) in Iraq. He says Chris was incredibly disciplined and was just really good at his job. Apparently calling him, "the legend" was an inside joke that sort of just ended manifesting now as a reality.

They go on to talk about Ramadi, and how the regular Iraqi people there were praying for their help and wanted them there to protect them from the terrorist.

Good episode... get a little perspective of what it's like to be at war and possibly learn a little about Iraq War operations from people who were actually there.
edit on 6/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Chris Kyle and the wort TRUTH do not belong in the same sentence - IMO

They go on to talk about Ramadi, and how the regular Iraqi people there were praying for their help and wanted them there to protect them from the terrorist.

I hate to break you but the invading occupiers were the terrorists.

Did they pray for all that depleted Uranium to be dumped all over their country too? Military cult propaganda at best.

edit on 7-6-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Big Star. Last time I embedded the video it got pulled.

"Our .50cal snipers"

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hmmm. I know some SEALs even tried to become one in the military they are pretty brutally honest and trustworthy.

I'll take their word for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Flagging for later... Interested in what Lief has to say... I served with him on the USS Curts, worked out with him often as we were both prepairing/ trying go to BUDS (I didnt get a chance, became a rescue swimmer and got hurt in before completion of another package later) ...Lief was a freaking animal and a damn good officer.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

Awesome congrats on becoming a swimmer that program deserves it's own respect.

The swimming was where I failed. Top score in everything else though.
edit on 6/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'd suspect the ONLY place you'd get the truth is from these guys.

They wouldn't have been there if it wasn't ordered so by the politicians. Try targeting the right people....

('hate to break it to you').....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Kyle made up so many tall tales that some people thought he was delusional. (Possibly PTSD related??)
If you do some research, you'll see that a veritable small army of investigative journalists dug deep to confirm his claims. While some of the journalists seemed to just want to ridicule him, others really wanted to belive him, but couldn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks... And yeah that school has like a 70% drop rate.. Its no punk, for sure... I missed a run first day by like 12 seconds because i didnt take it seriously (actually held back because my swim was still weak and we were going be in pool after) luckily they let me come back next class, made it through without issue... That school and being swimmer after, was hands down the best experiences i ever had in Navy

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yah, I tend to agree.

My respect for men and women of the military will be restored when I see them refuse to serve in our non-stop, illegal, immoral wars of aggression, en masse.

As far as I know, there was only one officer who had the strength and courage to do his patriotic duty as an American:

Army Officer Refuses Iraq Duty. "My participation will make me party to war crimes."

edit on 7-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

My respect for men and women of the military will be restored when I see them refuse to serve in our non-stop, illegal, immoral wars of aggression, en masse.

People who say this have no idea how the military works.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Some of us don't give a damn about your uneducated self's respect. And generally speaking, the ones who are screaming about how you should respect them are the ones that did the least during what you term illegal and immoral wars.

So now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, because very often the ones who demand your respect are the ones who contributed little to nothing, and the ones who did some work couldn't give a toss about you or your respect for them.

Guess you showed us though.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: Can't say "none" because there are whiny veterans.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"respect for men and women of the military will be restored when I see them refuse to serve in our non-stop, illegal, immoral wars of aggression, en masse."

How we got there and why is a political issue and a discussion in itself. Anger about that should be directed at leadership. From a ranks perspective you do your job for the men and women standing next to you. When people rely on you, you do your damn job. If you dont like it, when your duty is over, step away and take your fight to Washington. Your hero is a coward pos who joined after the war began,then when his turn to deply came up he turned his back on his his unit and his brothers.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: nwtrucker

Kyle made up so many tall tales that some people thought he was delusional. (Possibly PTSD related??)
If you do some research, you'll see that a veritable small army of investigative journalists dug deep to confirm his claims. While some of the journalists seemed to just want to ridicule him, others really wanted to belive him, but couldn't.

One has to wonder at why a 'veritable small army of investigative journalists' would be inclined to do so????

If I had the choice of trusting the current version of 'investigative journalists'....covering my six, I think I'll take the shooter, thanks all the same.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: swimmer15

How we got there and why is a political issue and a discussion in itself. Anger about that should be directed at leadership. From a ranks perspective you do your job for the men and women standing next to you. When people rely on you, you do your damn job. If you dont like it, when your duty is over, step away and take your fight to Washington.

What part of "illegal war" don't you understand.
The cowards are those 'pos' who didn't have the balls to stand up to Washington and declare that they had no part in an illegal war. By taking part, they became complicit with all the war crimes associated with it.
There's no draft, so they must have wanted to take part.
Cowards, hiding behind a myth of honour.

I get it. Pass the buck by saying "I'm just doing my job." That's easy, takes no moral fibre and makes it someone else's problem. Meanwhile, terror is spread by the U.S.A. That's YOUR problem, your doing and something you have to live with.

edit on 7-6-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Biggest line of hogwash I've ever heard.

Most of the military does what it's told.

It's called chain of command and it exist and isn't broken for a reason.

You have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It's corrupt and indefensible.
It spreads fear and hatred.
It's part of the problem and exists for itself.

But I get it. It's easier to glorify the killers than to stand up against them, especially if you live in the U.S.A. Hoo-rah, grunt, you got played.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Who decides a war is illegal? Sure as hell not troops on the ground. Congress and the president signed off on it, and sent troops in... Like I said, how we got there and why is an issue with leadership... You might not understand what it means to do your job because lives rely on it but I certainly do. I manned an m60 everytime we pulled into a port, simply putting my gun down puts the ship and my crew in danger. Boots on the ground, were there.. Regardless of why or how, leadership put them there, they are waiting for there reliefs, supplies, support etc.... Laying down your weapon and walking away is walking away from them.... You can call it a cop out all you want... When i joined i just turned old enough to vote.. Clinton was still in office, and Bush soon to be elected...I proudly went and stood my watch just to come back and see that you dropped the ball on yours buy electing dip#s. Your the one trying to pass the buck... This admin sure didnt convict Bushes admin of anything... If it were what you say, i assure you big O his admin and Democrat senate at the time would have hung Bush and Chaney.. But nope, no charges.
edit on 7-6-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: onequestion

It's corrupt and indefensible.
It spreads fear and hatred.
It's part of the problem and exists for itself.

But I get it. It's easier to glorify the killers than to stand up against them, especially if you live in the U.S.A. Hoo-rah, grunt, you got played.

Fear and hate? As you, yourself, are spreading?

We lose more people from car accidents than these guys. "Legal" war? WTF is that? That implies you 'rubber stamp' the 'legal' ones?? As if there's any difference in result?

I suspect you have always found yourself wanting in the very qualities you decry....You have my sympathy....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

We lose more people from car accidents than these guys.

My own country, the U.S., is the world's most egregious violator of the end-of-war rule, and not only because over the past dozen years Americans have waged two major wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Source

originally posted by: nwtrucker "Legal" war? WTF is that? That implies you 'rubber stamp' the 'legal' ones?? As if there's any difference in result?

Actually, no, I decry all war. You are quite correct in asserting that the outcome is the same. I used the term 'illegal war' to illustrate further the hypocrisy of the warmongers and enablers ('service' people).

According to surveys I've carried out for more than a decade, the overwhelming majority of people view war as inevitable, a permanent feature of human existence. This fatalistic outlook is wrong, both empirically and morally. Empirically because it contradicts what science and history tell us about war. Morally because it perpetuates war by discouraging us from seeking solutions.

There are other ways and it takes courageous and brave people to stand in the face of the Military-Industrial Complex and its flag wavers and demonstrate this.

The Chris Kyles of this world are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

edit on 7-6-2016 by aorAki because: words

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join