It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting the Islamic State with Iraq’s Golden Division: The Road to Fallujah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Iraq has taken the fight to ISIS and here is a unit from Iraq's Golden Division Special Forces fighting their way into Hit.

It really is an interesting look at the Iraqi Special Forces, especially when you don't think of them as the most disciplined military, but it sure changes when you see them operate against ISIS...and they aren't being very easy on those who sympathize with ISIS, or are agent's of ISIS.

Good for Iraq...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Watching it now. This is the kind of front line perspective we need to realize just how dangerous and unwanted this scourge really is. I believe they will succeed in eradicating this daesh scum.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Watching it now. This is the kind of front line perspective we need to realize just how dangerous and unwanted this scourge really is. I believe they will succeed in eradicating this daesh scum.

To use a term we hear alot...

God willing this will happen.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Blah blah, we're re-re-invading Iraq for the third time. Call the people fighting against US Imperialism any damn thing you want, this time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Power and control and the MIC making the money on the death of brown peoples .

On May 23, the Iraqi government army and militias supported by the Iraqi Air Force and the aviation of the US-led coalition began an operation to liberate the city of Fallujah (50 km to the West of Baghdad) in the Anbar Province from IS militants. In the first days of the offensive, several villages on the outskirts of Fallujah were liberated and the city was encircled. The troops occupied a large part of the city suburbs and are now close to the center, where the main extremist forces are positioned. IS combatants responded with counterattacks using mined armored cars and SUVs, which halted the rate of the advancement of government forces. In addition, the militants were using residents as “human shields” when defending their positions. In general, despite the triumphant reports from Baghdad, the success of the Iraqi army should not be overestimated. It is already clear that the military operation of Iraqi government forces to liberate the city of Fallujah from the IS terrorist groups, which Baghdad officially announced to start on May 23 this year, is being delayed. This was stated by the official representative of the Iraqi Government, Saad al-Hadithi: “The liberation of Fallujah has been delayed because of the authorities’ intention to ensure the full safety of the inhabitants of the city”. According to him, “the safety of civilians is the Government’s priority”. The statement by the representative of the Iraqi leadership came after the messages of IS redeployment from the outskirts to central Fallujah to intensify their defensive position. The extremists forced the inhabitants of the suburbs to the same districts to use them as “human shields” during the offensive led by the government forces. In addition, there is little coordination between the Sunnis and Shiites closing in on IS, and there is a real possibility to relive the case of the Tikrit incident, where the Shiites just went on slaughtering and plundering the Sunni population. In this regard, it is quite clear that the almost entire male population of Fallujah will rise to defend the city. And it will far exceed the twenty thousand-strong government forces advancing to the city. Moreover, Fallujah is the birthplace of the IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and the Iraqi IS bastion. During the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, this city showed the fiercest and most intelligent resistance, and it took more than a week to gain control even with the use of heavy equipment, aviation and artillery, and despite the fact that it was stormed by the elite forces of the US Army. journal-neo.org...
journal-neo.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Great post OP...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Blah blah, we're re-re-invading Iraq for the third time. Call the people fighting against US Imperialism any damn thing you want, this time.

You do understand these are Iraqi military that are being discussed in the OP...it has nothing to do with the US invading Iraq, but of course anything you can say against the US you will...even when it has nothing to do with them.

Way to go...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Tsurfer2000h thanks for posting this video. It certainly is an eye opener. In Eisenhower's farewell address he warned us about the military industrial complex. After watching this video three things have been seared into my mind. First, is the fact that these guys say the fighting will not stop if ISIS is defeated. Sectarian hatred and the need for revenge will keep the blood flowing. Second, is the point made by the commentator that jobs and education need to be bought into the areas that have been retaken from ISIS. Third, look at all that military hardware. $$$$$$$$$

It has struck me just how insanely stupid and pointless this is. With all the think tanks, foreign advisors et al, our western governments did not see this exact scenario being played out? I call bull crap. You make a mistake once, the second time it's premeditated. That second time was Libya, the third is Syria, the fourt will be.......

Iraq had one the best educational systems in the Middle East and was a much better place than it is now, same for Libya. Yes I realize Saddam and Khadaffi were not nice guys according to some, to some they were great leaders. This point is up for debate I'm sure.

But I do know this, we the west are responsible for this mess. You and I are most definitely not benefitting financially from it either. But guess who is raking in billions in arm sales.

Peace
edit on 7-6-2016 by HickoryStick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's good to see the Iraqis taking their country back, one village at a time. I like the Major's style. He takes no s#!t.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You do understand these are Iraqi military that are being discussed in the OP…

You mean the US puppets, collaborators, traitors to their own damn country?

Well of course, the gubmnet would like to remind everyone their empire is loved by all.

Edit: So what is the never ending war about again? Oh, some of these people aren't ever going to submit to being ruled by a foreign power. Tmely thread , the people just revolted again, breaching the wall around the Green Zone and occupying the Parliament building, by the thousands.

Google search

And I get the need to behave as if it never happened and instead play up the conquest of Iraq one more time. Such happy people there, lol…
edit on 8-6-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think traitors to their country is a step too far as they are in the front line fight to liberate ISIS strongholds in their country. Or, would you rather see ISIS succeed?? I think these men are heroes for fighting to defend their country just like any of our soldiers. The traitors would be the men who shamefully laid down their arms when confronted by ISIS in 2014 and were subsequently executed en masse while other defected. Those were the traitors, and that act further cemented ISIS hold over much territory and set the country back a couple years.

It is not a very honorable thing to call these men traitors while sitting comfortable thousands of miles away when they fight for the preservation, stability, and freedom of their people.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The whole region is a morass of infighting directly caused by US/EU (NATO) bombs. You call the enemy anything you like, God forbid anyone should shoot back.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You do understand these are Iraqi military that are being discussed in the OP…

You mean the US puppets, collaborators, traitors to their own damn country?

Well of course, the gubmnet would like to remind everyone their empire is loved by all.

Edit: So what is the never ending war about again? Oh, some of these people aren't ever going to submit to being ruled by a foreign power. Tmely thread , the people just revolted again, breaching the wall around the Green Zone and occupying the Parliament building, by the thousands.

Google search

And I get the need to behave as if it never happened and instead play up the conquest of Iraq one more time. Such happy people there, lol…

Actually the US and Iraqi government have a rocky relationship. The US sees the Iraqi gov as refusing to form a true unity government and as way to close to Iran. And the US backed Kurds in the north will likely end up in conflict with them. So if you want peddle your nonsense you should be saying the protesters are US stooges trying to take down the pro Iranian iraqi Gov. If your going to do the mindless propaganda thing you should at least know who is on what side. Sorry, I know those pesky facts and details get in the way sometimes but, if you bother to get them you can spin them in way that at least makes sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The whole region is a morass of infighting directly caused by US/EU (NATO) bombs. You call the enemy anything you like, God forbid anyone should shoot back.

The region has been a morass if infighting long before NATO, EU or the US ever existed. In fact their is reason the place is known as the birth place of war.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

The region has been a morass if infighting long before NATO, EU or the US ever existed. In fact their is reason the place is known as the birth place of war.

Thas BS, too. The region is a hell hole, bombed out, people dead in their millions since US "intervened". You say tis alway been like that…

pfft

The protest was carried by hundred thousand Iraqi citizens, they weren't armed, they broke into the heavily fortified Green zone (first time ever) and took over the parliament building of the US backed puppet government. Protesting against 'corruption' ,go figure. It just happened on APR 30th, not a peep here about it. Now we get the ''Patriotic golden division defeating ISIS hoards" crap to counter what is really going on there. Or maybe the military action is just another Government reprisal for standing up to the occupation.

I'd believer that more than anything. ISIS, like Al CIAda is another US construct used to justify illegally violating other nations sovereignty and waging aggressive war.

Yah, the people are tired…

Image search

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The protest was carried by hundred thousand Iraqi citizens, they weren't armed, they broke into the heavily fortified Green zone (first time ever) and took over the parliament building of the US backed puppet government. Protesting against 'corruption' ,go figure.

Hundred thousand you say...

The thousands of protesters included supporters of cleric Moqtada al-Sadr and people from other groups upset with the government's failure to approve anti-corruption reforms and provide security.

www.reuters.com...

Now we get the ''Patriotic golden division defeating ISIS hoards" crap to counter what is really going on there. Or maybe the military action is just another Government reprisal for standing up to the occupation.

That division has been in operation since 2003, so they should be patriotic towards their homeland, and exactly what is it you think is happening there? Since the military action is happening to rid the ISIS scum out of the villages, cities, and country.

new topics

top topics

join