It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is an illusion and everything is the point of view of mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

So much is nonsense to you!

You did show anything you simply made statements.

Back and forth, back and forth...good thing it's just an illusion!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Totally agree.

I came to this conclusion after an experience that everything was mind.

It's a solid conclusion. It's also what science says.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: Greggers
This is one of my favorite sci-fi topics.

Yes, we could be living in a simulated reality where all the universe is running on a computational grid, and we are merely intelligent sub-routines. But I call this science fiction, as there is at present no way to falsify the idea.

Here is one of my favorite articles on the subject. www.bottomlayer.com...

I agree when it comes to a simulated reality which is more likely. This is about what we call "reality" as an illusion which is supported by Science. The only way people try to get around this is by saying there must be some deeper theory that has yet to be discovered. That's just wishful thinking because some people don't like that science tells us local realism is dead and what we see as a local reality isn't an objective reality. They can't even show that volume exists. In fact, Physics tells us it can't exist and this is why more and more Physicist accept some version of the universe as a hologram.

First, let me say that I am fascinated by this topic. It truly is one of my favorite things to discuss. I've read about all the evidence you posted and then some. Plus, I could trot out plenty of additional evidence. It's all very intriguing. The double slit experiment is my personal favorite, in all its many permutations.

So please don't misinterpret what I'm about to say to mean I'm knocking the idea or saying it's impossible.

However, while I agree with the general statement that supporting evidence can be found within science, I still contend that at its core, the theory that reality is an illusion is unfalsifiable. Falsifiability is a hallmark of all real science. In other words, if it weren't true, what test result could possibly prove it false? I am unable to think of one.

As far as the idea that volume calculations don't work, I can only say that these calculations work well enough in the real world for us to manufacture all manner of vessels, containers, and so forth. At what level these calculations break down isn't entirely clear to me. I've heard other scientists describe this very differently than Susskind describes it.

Nonlocality is definitely a bizarre feature of quantum mechanics that has been a subject of much consternation for decades, ever since Einstein and Bohr famously debated it. However, string theory suggests that there are multiple spatial dimensions yet to be discovered, which is one way non-locality might be reconciled with reality.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice Thread!

Everything we see touch hear and experience is what people call real. But this illusion here, is based on Subliminal Suggestion creating the effects of what we see, hear, experience etc.

Like the Hypotist in the room, creating the illusion that one person can see that which no one else sees. We are in mass Subliminal Suggestive mode and only our awareness will release us from the Cave.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Nice Thread!

Everything we see touch hear and experience is what people call real. But this illusion here, is based on Subliminal Suggestion creating the effects of what we see, hear, experience etc.

Like the Hypotist in the room, creating the illusion that one person can see that which no one else sees. We are in mass Subliminal Suggestive mode and only our awareness will release us from the Cave.

Star for the reference to Plato's cave.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

glad you noted that

top topics

<< 1   >>

join