It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't like Cold and Flu I have a remedy for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Soluble vitamin C tablets.
Last November I started using 1000 mg soluble vitamin C tablets to protect myself from the onset of winter illnesses , from that day to this I've not been afflicted with either of the traditional winter colds or flu , on at least three occasions I've felt the approach of one of these bugs but simply taking an extra dose of the orangey drink has but pay to their little game.

I know vitamin C helps the immune system and for most this revelation isn't really a revelation but it is, for me at least, an over the counter remedy that has been proven to work by staving off the annoying coughs , sneezes and dribbles of winter.

So , if you don't like Cold and Flu you now know what to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

would liek to add that hot boiling water with ginger, honey and lemon helps alot also.
i lvoe naturaly ingredients

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

would liek to add that hot boiling water with ginger, honey and lemon helps alot also.

Add a sprig of rosemary to that and you have a concoction that I have given to many people with colds who have scoffed at the idea until they have reluctantly had it and conceded that it is indeed a miracle cure.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

nice addition, will tell the doctor. (wife) thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You can take much larger doses thatn that. Heavy vit C dosages help with a lot more . I take about 7000 mg a day.
There are doctors that say to take more. That is the good part of Vit C, you can't overdose.

If you are sensitive, you will wind up with 'runny stomic trouble', but that just means to cut back a bit.

I learned that from a video I saw on here, I think. Been taking large doses since. I changed to vit C with rose hips, geneirc walgreens brand.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

Add a sprig of rosemary to that and you have a concoction that I have given to many people with colds who have scoffed at the idea until they have reluctantly had it and conceded that it is indeed a miracle cure.

I will have to go get some rosemary. Nice to see you nonspecific

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You'd have to eat a thousand oranges to get that many vitamins. Lack of C we know about, to me the rest is Quackery.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I can also add something. GrapeFRUIT seed oil/extract [not Grape seed oil!].
If you feel a cold or any other illness come on. Drink three drops in liquid and presto, it's not going to happen [or happens milder].
I swear on that.
It's also good for Guinea Pigs [diluted or sprinkled on greens] when they are ill as it works as a natural antibiotic [and Gims are notoriously bad at tolerating medical antibiotics].
It is one of those 'against everything' things and I can vouch for it working [only because it works on myself and my Guinea pooper
- He's had almost everything that a vet would call untreatable yet he is happy and alive and coming up to his 6th B-day!]

edit on 7-6-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That is the good part of Vit C, you can't overdose.

I learned that from a video I saw on here, I think

I take about 7000 mg a day.

From the Mayo Clinic

For adults, the recommended dietary reference intake for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements may cause:
•Diarrhea
•Nausea
•Vomiting
•Heartburn
•Abdominal bloating and cramps
•Headache
•Insomnia
•Kidney stones

Remember, for most people, a healthy diet provides an adequate amount of vitamin C.
:

But hey, what's the Mayo Clinic compared to anonymous online advice from a youtube video, maybe?

That last side effect is a b!tch, I know.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As someone who would normally get at least a couple of bouts of Cold or Flu over the winter it's far from Quackery.
I have no doubt the vitamin C tablets have protected me from what I would normally suffer through the winter and continue to do so today , all I offer is my own personal experience as evidence that it works.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Ones own experience is good and all but hardly proof it works for everyone. I used to get colds and maladies every winter because I smoked. Since I quit I haven't had bronchitis or a single cold. I don't use supplements, at all.

I could say thats my proof you don't need them either, but I won't.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You are well within guidelines as I posted above. I take 1000 a day myself.

But people who get into mega dosing need to be careful and do more research than maybe watch a video online.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have two older boys Teens, both have bad colds at the moment and they will not touch my concoction.
Effervescent Vitamin C & Zinc 1000mg, a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar, a bay leaf ( left to steep in boiled water then the water added ), a dash of Cayenne Pepper, all added to 500ml of water ( I sometimes use distilled ) with a Cordial ( Squash ) to improve the taste.. It works for me..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
I have two older boys Teens, both have bad colds at the moment and they will not touch my concoction.
Effervescent Vitamin C & Zinc 1000mg, a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar, a bay leaf ( left to steep in boiled water then the water added ), a dash of Cayenne Pepper, all added to 500ml of water ( I sometimes use distilled ) with a Cordial ( Squash ) to improve the taste.. It works for me..

You mentioning bay reminded me that years ago a Friend had a bay tree and we had a Eucalyptus in the garden, I used to put a big pan of water on to boil with Eucalyptus bark, leaves and a big hand full of bay and leave it boiling so the steam spread all around the room and it made a great difference, even to those who did not really feel that ill.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I avoid vaccinations, and wash my hands dozens of times per day. On average, I catch a cold approximately once every ~20 years.

Sometimes the simplest solutions work best.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

At first I thought I read " If you don't have the cold or flu I have a remedy " - I was like well, there's an interesting thread.

On the other hand I have had symptoms like that lately and will certainly reach for that vitamin C now, thanks!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For the last 10 years I have been doubling up on natural oranges and iced tea w/lemon juice before the Cold season, results are very good, I get a cold/flu once in a while and they are less severe.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To be honest, if you eat a half-decent diet then you should not need supplements.

You can reduce the effect of flu and cold by a good diet and being fit and healthy. Zinc is apparently better than vitamin C, so eat zinc-rich foods.

Don't buy into the supplement industry. It's a con. Eat meat and wheat (bread) for the zinc, washed down with some peppers and kale for the vitamin C. Wash it down with a good English ale and live a little. Accept that you will get colds now and again and that supplements are generally pointless if you eat right.

new topics

top topics

join