It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be the most intelligent life in the entire universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It would've already happened. My guess is they have artificial Elysium type mechanisms in space already and on probably on different planets already. Did you see the Martian? Really good movie nasa guy got left on Mars for 4 years and survived. He was a botanist. It hints at some really amazing scientific miracles a reply to: lSkrewloosel

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
1 man can rule the earth at the technological point we are at today. And can possibly destroy the entire planet also pretty sure. Most are idiots but for every 10k idiots is a probably a genius. And it doesent take millions of geniuses to do miracles all they need is a computer. a reply to: Elentarri

edit on 7-6-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

unless cat is a metaphor for the 1% the .1% or the .01%

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Life has sound and vibration frequencies

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

This statement is so vague as to be utterly devoid of meaning.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Yeah I see what you mean like judging a fish on his ability to climb a tree. But I mean intelligence is just ones perspective, and that's all we have. I'm talking more towards survival and capabilities wise.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

He stated. Life didn't have frequencies. I stated it does. And that they are vibrational

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I do often worry that we might be the most intelligent life in the area.

The entire universe seems a bit broad...but what if we were it in, say, the galaxy? Would explain why we don't have any repeatable evidence of the existence of other technical beings.

Someone has to be "the progenitors". It would suck if it was us, but you know, if it is, we need to grow up and act like it.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I hope not. I would like to believe life in the universe is more grand than mankind. If we are the top, what a major let down and possible waste.
edit on 6/7/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, no it doesn't.

First, frequencies of what? Because "frequency" is an attribute. A very broad one. Any repetitive phenomenon has a frequency. Bird chirps. Water drips. Woodpecker taps. A flute playing a single note. Because all 'frequency' means is how often per unit time something happens.

So, you can't just say 'frequency' and that's it. I can't hand you a handful of frequency.

Life doesn't have sound frequencies. That doesn't make sense. Some life can make sounds. But life itself does not. What is the sound of a paramecium? Of an aardvark? Do you really think each sort of life has one sound frequency? Poppycock.

Also, the entire 'vibration' thing is piffle. What sort of vibration? And why do you think 'life' has a particular vibration, of whatever sort you're proposing? How do you measure it?

eta: Since the time of Madame Blavatsky and theosophy, there's been this hokum about life having "vibrations" in the sense that if you're a good panda you have "high vibrations" and if you're a sad panda you have "low vibrations", someone is said to have "good" or "bad" vibes etc. This is pseudo-scientific claptrap invented by theosophy. In the late 1800s a religion was formed by some occultists that arrogated physics terms to itself to give it a bit more credibility with the yokels. And so theosophy was born. When you hear 'energy' or 'vibration' or the like used by new agers, the godchildren of the theosophic movement, it's not a valid use of the term. It's the woo version of theosophy. So when you say things have 'vibrations', I'm tending to think you're using the Deepak Chopra version and not the Feynman version.

Since the woo version doesn't actually exist, then no, life doesn't have 'vibrations'. Things that are part of life have vibrations, for example, molecules have various QM vibrational modes that are measurable and quantifiable and are used every day in various ways. But these don't become "high" or "low" nor do they change with your intent or whim. They simply are a behavior of, say, water molecules. They don't change if they're part of your eye or in a glass or a cloud. Because the vibration is inherent to the material and not to 'life'.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
What is the sound of a paramecium?

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah! Roma-roma-mamaa! Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Frequencies of what?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Could we be the most intelligent life in the entire universe?

I am not a religious person but let me just say:

GOD I HOPE NOT !!
edit on 7-6-2016 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What is the sound of a paramecium?

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah! Roma-roma-mamaa! Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

I always thought it was "ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka"

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think Gaga has B.J. Thomas beat on this one.

But I doubt she will ever end up in a Tarantino film.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I believe It's almost impossibly rare to stumble up on any other life forms that has our technological capabilities for millions of galaxies. Like it would take soooo long to learn to build the first computer that race would have to not go extinct for probably millions of years. The same race. Not that evolutionary mumbo

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think Gaga has B.J. Thomas beat on this one.

But I doubt she will ever end up in a Tarantino film.

Blue Swede is the only true singer of the song. There are no other versions, only imitators.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I believe It's almost impossibly rare to stumble up on any other life forms that has our technological capabilities for millions of galaxies. Like it would take soooo long to learn to build the first computer that race would have to not go exting for probably millions of years. The same race. Not that evolutionary mumbo

Having a tough time parsing this post, tbh.

Man has wanted to build some sort of calculating device/computer since he could bang out flint arrowheads.

If you consider the abacus, the first efforts were quite a while back, like 2200 years ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If you consider the abacus, the first efforts were quite a while back, like 2200 years ago.

Followed closely by the Antikythera mechanism which has always fascinated me.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ok you're right not life. But everything that makes up life. I'm not talking like souls or anything

Human Brain - neuroscientists find a range of a few Hz to 20 plus Hz. We've all heard the terms Alpha waves, Beta waves, Delta waves and Theta waves to describe the different brain states. What is this measurement of exactly, in a physical sense?

2) Membrane Potentials - we all know they govern tons of biological transport systems, like the classic ion channels where ions of CL-, Na+, K+ pass through membrane channels that have voltage potentials. Does it make sense to ask what frequency these work at?

3) Heart Beat - Clearly this can be measured in Hz. If your heart beats 120 bpm, its beating at 2Hz.

4) Your skin - Human's are constantly radiates thermal radiation off their skin's surface, I'm guessing a frequency of ~1000Hz.

5) Vision - The human brain processes visual images at ~60Hz in brightly lit conditions.

Also all the microscopic energy all life is made of vibrates like atoms protons neutrons etc... And I'm pretty sure it varies but is certain

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join