It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaboration Series: Transgenders and Discrimination.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JBDTheBeast

Please try to be respectful and kind, this thread is to come together and discuss the matter at hand. If you disagree with me, tell me why using a coherent argument.

I used to think more similarly to you and expressed myself in the same manner. It won't do anything, though. If you believe there's a true problem with trans people, express it. Show data and statistics, show us why your position is the one to get behind. This thread is not about rejecting anyone's views or thoughts, it's about bringing people together and trying to understand each other.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

There are 2 sides...yes

1) those who pee in peace and do not give a second thought about it

2) those who are easily offended and are now thinking about it too much and want something to hate so they can remain miserable...for that is where they feel most comfortable.

There ARE those in between, who do not care but do not want legislation...however, if you do not understand why legislation is needed to protect even the smallest percentage of Americans, then you probably fall more into #2.

I think it is very sad that there are so many #2 people in this country that legislation must be forced

edit on 7-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

How is society conforming to them? The legislation proposed is simply not to discriminate against them. Never said you have to like them or donate to their cause. You still have free speech. If they disgust you, that's perfectly fine. You're well within your freedom of speech to voice such concerns.

It is not freedom of speech to deny such people jobs, access to housing, and public services, though.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I will take my normal society of your caitlyn Jenner worship fest society any day. BTW I choose to use midget because it's what I CHOOSE, to call them your free to use whatever term you fund less offensive,

Your a real winner aren't ya, have you had your blood pressure checked lately? Point taken though, you are a willfully ignorant person full of anger and bitterness. You speak with no regard to the impact your words may have on others, you are incredibly selfish and words betray you. I hate Caitlyn Jenner by the way and am sickened that she has somehow became the ipso de facto representative of the Trans community. Based on my experience most of us are not fans of hers.

You seem like your cranky I know what you need...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well I don't disagree with you, however I am making an attempt to understand both sides and bring it together. Making an attempt to collaborate, and avoid pointing fingers or blaming sides you know?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There is no going back or regressing when it comes to equal rights, the only way to bring us together is if the #2 people get off their high horse an join us

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The majority of people benefitting from this legislation are people we will never know about. People we likely might not even be able to discern as being their chromosomal gender. Jenner gives the media the fuel they need to make this issue way blown out of proportion, and cause division. I don't directly blame Jenner for this, I blame the media - but Jenner certainly played his/her part. ( rumor has it he or she changed their mind on being trans?)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Another solution would be to make all bathroom both genders / family, but that doesn't make the #2 peeps happy, they want to discriminate and make the transgendered folk use their own bathroom

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If only that were the case.

I used to be extremely conservative. Patronizing and degrading speech did not cause me to accept gays - statistics, genuine people, facts and such did. Ever since I've made a point to try to see all sides of an issue. This thread is hopefully one of many collaboration series.

Please try to treat people with respect even if they don't give it back, progress can be made if we come together, division or the perception of division won't help anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Realize that such things happen with animals and such as well, nature does not correct these instances in any case. Being gay for instance doesn't make sense in the animal kingdom, yet it occurs naturally. Some animals even pair as a gay couple for a time or longer, life.

So if animals and humans are naturally born this way - and the animal kingdom shows us it's not just an opinion or emotion, what do we do?

Segregate and call it a mental illness and beat down those born different from us?

Or accept them as they are and realize that many walks of life can coexist happily if we'd all just accept each other more?

You know what does not naturally occur in any other known species? Religion. And I am perfectly happy to accept that people believe and think in different ways, but when religion causes hatred through "morality", I deem it a much worse mental illness than anything gender related will ever be.

I understand your desire to be compassionate, I however see a greater need for a society built around a strong heterosexual family unit with a strong conservative moral code. There is nothing wrong with promoting normality. Put it this way, if you and I were given dictatorial power to restructure society as we see fit, what would be the difference 100 years down the road. My nation would be exploring the Galaxy while yours would be busy building 20 different bathrooms where everyone walks around like a stupid hipsters trying to be trendy. You can call me a meanie all you want we won't be able to hear you from alpha cenauri.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The majority of people benefitting from this legislation are people we will never know about.

What if it was your daughter, son, mother, father, what if it was me?

It doesn't matter if you think these peoples lives do not matter bc there are so few of them, that is not the point, the point is we must protect EVERYONE, every group of people.

PLease take my hand and come with me...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How is society conforming to them? The legislation proposed is simply not to discriminate against them. Never said you have to like them or donate to their cause. You still have free speech. If they disgust you, that's perfectly fine. You're well within your freedom of speech to voice such concerns.

It is not freedom of speech to deny such people jobs, access to housing, and public services, though.

Nobody is denieing their right to use the restroom just protecting my daughters right not to have to shower with men

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There's just no evidence for your claims. Many first world nations with some of the highest standards of living, including plenty of technology - Accept the LGBT community, accept drug/marijuana usage and such. Liberal vs conservative ideology - You'd have to show me the data to prove the differences in advancing technologies are different from each other.

I'd actually argue the biggest thing holding us back is division.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"Nobody is denieing their right to use the restroom just protecting my daughters right not to have to shower with men"

if you do not want your daughter to shower with men, then do not let her, if you believe there will be a transgender in the shower while she showers...then make it a rule that she is not allowed to use public showers, see...you have that choice

I see you have a ways to go

link   

Please try to be respectful and kind, this thread is to come together and discuss the matter at hand. If you disagree with me, tell me why using a coherent argument.

I used to think more similarly to you and expressed myself in the same manner. It won't do anything, though. If you believe there's a true problem with trans people, express it. Show data and statistics, show us why your position is the one to get behind. This thread is not about rejecting anyone's views or thoughts, it's about bringing people together and trying to understand each other.

What statistics could I possibly show you to explain why men don't need to be in the women's shower at the YMCA....like how does one not understand this.???
edit on 7-6-2016 by JBDTheBeast because: ,

link   

Hmm? I was making a statement about Jenner and how he/she is all too popular and it's ridiculous the hate that has been fueled by that person.

I was making the statement that anti-discrimination laws are GOOD, but won't likely impact people we know about. It's just random people all over the place benefiting from such legislation.

My apologies if it seemed I was holding an anti-position.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

States and cities have passed Anti-discrimination laws.

Show me that the sexual-related crimes have gone up.

All evidence I've found thus far has said they haven't.

All evidence shows that it's not allowing bearded men wherever they want - It's more allowing men on estrogen into the bathroom they identify with.

All my schools growing up had private showers for the ladies room, an open room for the guys. I never felt good about showering with other guys - I'd have felt much better in a private area.
edit on 7-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Its ok, just the fact that you are anti-civil rights makes me think you hold an "anti-position".

You can become the bigger person if you want, you can choose love if you want.

Are you a Christian? What do you think Jesus would do?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What are you going on about?

For the record, I believe trans people should be able to use the bathroom they choose. I believe they should not be discriminated against. I believe they deserve the same rights as everyone else.

Do you disagree with me? It's okay if so, I'm just confused at the way you're replying to me sorry.

PS I just don't like Jenner because they are being used as a media puppet to spread hatred and divide people. Less to do with trans, more to do with the media.
edit on 7-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

sorry, could have gotten you mixed up with someone

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join