It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help restore my faith in ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Regards to your loss.

As far as helping restore faith, can't help much but say one has to wait it out, then again after the election things may even be worse. For now wading through the political madness helps a lot.

In the last few days alone observed the political bi partisan rhetoric that is bringing out the worst in people. I am sure that is as intended to do. Then again one may say it was already there but it's giving them an avenue to be the loudest on the soapbox. I hope it doesn't carry over into irl for the sake of everyone.
edit on 7-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
True enough observations and it's always such in a large enough group of folks... some will see blah blah blah and start skimming and posting knee-jerk responses due to being conditioned by the idjitxs, and thus start promulgating ignorance rather than sublimating it ... near misses and malapropisms aside, there is still enough content that results in brain matter on walls, though it's admittedly a small % ... sex sex sex xxx sells and nerdy sci-fi conspiracy stuff takes some time and curiosity, which few have enough of these days, and few bother to read such walls of texxts.. .mostly.

eta: interestin' exxperiment ,btw.. .sneaky funny for the few, the proud, the anal.
edit on 6/7/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: calstorm

This place has a history of becoming berserk right around election time. Given the fact that at least two nations, represented solidly in the membership here, are currently undergoing political upheaval, it's little wonder that things are less than satisfactory at the moment. Until Britain chooses its path, in or out of the EU, and until the United States figures out whether it wants either a republican fascist, or a democrat fascist as its leader, not a great deal is going to change.

Remember when Obama was heading for his first election victory? This place was barmier than a box of agitated badgers during that race.

Ride the wave,
It's almost broke,
Stay on your board,
And do not choke!

Hear, hear. Amen to this post.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

There are certainly still some goo people around, even amidst all of the infighting.

I am perplexed, though, about the request for an "x" - why?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
That's really weird. I just checked and yes, I also get redirected to the front page from the links in his "threads" list. I have no idea why that's happened, unless it's a glitch relating to the age of the threads being before the last major ATS site overhaul. I have most of my favorite threads bookmarked, so I haven't used his "threads" page in a long while.

Here's an alternative for starters. Go to MemoryShock's OP in his ATS Member and Friend jkrog08 thread and you'll find several threads listed there. I just checked and the links are still live, including those for the podcast mp3 recordings.

His thread that really got me interested in the rest of his work is not listed in the above OP. It's The Kecksburg UFO Crash: December 9th, 1965.

You can find his threads via ATS search. Well, I was able to and I have no special gadgetry for searching threads beyond what you have.

Searching only his username gave me pages and pages of links. But that can be a slow way to find a given thread that's in his thread list. So, if you're after a particular thread, just select the opening words of its title from his list (eg his Abduction in Yukon thread) and in the search field, use the following format:
jkrog08 abduction in yukon

The first return is Abduction In Yukon: North Canol Road and The Insectoids, September 3rd, 1987.

If any members still have problems finding any of his listed threads, please message me or send in a message to staff and we'll do our best to get you the direct link.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
I think the request to put an "x" within a word in your reply was just to see how many of the responding members actually read that far in the OP.

Your query about also demonstrates that you did.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks Mike, that "insectoid" thread was just the one that caught my eye.
You guys are awesome.

Edit: Thanks again, enjoying the rabbit hole, nom, nom…
edit on 8-6-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Life can throw so many things at us and it affects us deeply.

There will always be amazing members here dear calstorm, both old and new. They have proven themselves over and over again with their love, support and compassion for other ATS members. Do not lose hope. They are here.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
I think the request to put an "x" within a word in your reply was just to see how many of the responding members actually read that far in the OP.

Your query about also demonstrates that you did.

You are correct. Sorry for my late reply, I have preoccupied helping out a friend.

A special thank you to everyone who noticed my request you have indeed restored my faith in this site. Even a few of you who didn't still left very kind and thoughtful replies.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hexllo. Sorry that you're still having trouble. I remember you posting another thread asking for advice about things to do to take your mind off them. I don't remember you coming back to it for a while. Out of all the suggestions that you received, which one did you pick?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I think that at the time, I was in such a difficult place that even the really great suggestions seemed empty and hollow. I don't want to make anyone feel bad, because they everyone was trying their best and the suggestions were really good. And no, I didn't come back to the site for a while after that.

It took another couple of months for me to really start trying things and enjoying things. I also discovered an art medium that I enjoy. I think it is really neat that you remembered that.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad you're at a point where you're starting to fell better and start enjoying things.

What art medium did you find?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join