It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 ways smart phone damage to health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
1. the stress of people contact you and notification when you do not need to be staring at bright blue LED screen. stressfull anticipation of a phone call. (this use to only happen at home, but now everywhere as everyoe has now the device in their hand wherever)

2. freequencies disturb bodys natural frequency causing anxiety and unease

3. direct rf frequency when in pocket is enough to cause testicular or ovary cancer with prolon exposier

4. anxiety when contact is not made albeit the realization that other party also is staring into phone screen

5. access to thought portals and images (since when has all the collective information been accessable to anyone everytime in your hand?) now there are people creating all sorts of terrible information and images and sharing on social media. this one alone is the downfall o f "civilization" soon enough, i wrote an article here a whilr ago whats actually happening with these images.

6. less likely for people to be helpful. because everyoe has a phone these days they can just call someone for ________ we dont need to help them.

7. blue led. causimg sleep distubances and lowered immune response. what was the last thing you were staring at last night?

8. intrusion of privacy. causing people to be more outwardly rude and considerate of others. if the governmsnt is watching as long as i dont say so.ething that puts me on their list its okay free speech betcges

9. everyone sitting at the diner table/living room/in bed next to each other/in the park/crossing the street/skateboarding/driving/running/walking/on the bus/ getting haircut /etc you name it everyone everywhere staring into their phones when did the zombie apocolypse start again? ive heard people complain about it, even on here several times but its just become worse. people who "spend time togeyher" just sit and stare into screens.

10. not knowing where all this is going to end up leaves extra stress which is unhealthy. i try to get rid of my phone several times. i become persecuted without a phone you may as well be worse than homeless, try to get a job without a phone, or keep any friends, or relationshp. people these days have adapted to think that it is 100% necesary.

you may say, not me im old school. but if you were born before 1980 well naybe you are and you have older friends and family who see it more how it is, but if you are in your 20's and under try getting anywhere in life without a smartphone. its possible but you live in a different world

i had to get a smartphone my job uses an app to schedule the schedule and as its a lavor job in various locations amd times must have a phone on me at all times..!..!..

what did people do before all this?

as a child i never used our family phone i did not have any friends to call out to so never used a phoe much til i was moved into the world and got a simple phone for work and contact of a family member.

then several years smartphones develope, at first they seemed cool like a computer in your pocket, then everyone had one, now they force you to get one.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I was in Bangkok recently where theres a large expat community in business and I had the opportunity to see some first rate comedians it wasn't cheap it cost fifty dollars,all during the show people were texting,smsing,talking or finger walking their hand held devices,they couldn't even enjoy a simple show without their stupid toys.

They serve the technology it does not serve them and that is why I never have had nor will have hand held technology.
edit on 7-6-2016 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
7. blue led. causimg sleep distubances and lowered immune response. what was the last thing you were staring at last night?

I'll have you know that my jail broke iPhone has F.lux and that I'm always at the lowest brightness possible depending on the lighting around me!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

8. intrusion of privacy. causing people to be more outwardly rude and considerate of others.

Honestly, and I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'd rather people be outwardly rude and inconsiderate, than to hide their true nature and feelings under a veil of fake politeness and flattery. I like knowing where people stand. Always having to wonder whether someone is being honest or if they secretly hate me, that's what would cause me the stress and anxiety implied by this post.
edit on 7-6-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

I saw an X-ray of someone with a 'phone inserted in a truly bizarre place.

Fairly sure that could do damage.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Mobile devices are the proximate cause of the decline in level of discourse on ATS.

Boo, mobile devices!

Down with mobile devices!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath
9. everyone sitting at the diner table/living room/in bed next to each other/in the park/crossing the street/skateboarding/driving/running/walking/on the bus/ getting haircut /etc you name it everyone everywhere staring into their phones when did the zombie apocolypse start again? ive heard people complain about it, even on here several times but its just become worse. people who "spend time togeyher" just sit and stare into screens.

This is the only one I agree with and really the only one out of all them that can be proven to be true by just opening your eyes anywhere you go.

While I was in California last year I went out for a pizza one evening on Ventura Boulevard.On the table next to me were a family of four,mum,dad and teenage son and daughter.I didn't see them talk to each other the whole time they were there other than the occasional grunt to pass the parmesan as they all spent the whole meal tapping away at their phones.I had more of a conversation with a complete stranger (my waiter) than these people who know each other did.This alone makes it truly sad that a mere handheld electronic communications device is turning a generation into zombies incapable of proper social skills.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Here is My herstory(history) of My interactions w/the cell phone.

I was assigned a Nextel and pager when I went to Crime Suppression. Then about the 3rd night in, a fellow cop arrested a "suspected drug dealer" and part of the "probable cause" was He was in a "High Drug area" and had a lot of mixed up U.S. currency and had a pager and cell phone.. Funny, I thought, because I had the same things in My possession. (I never made one of those arrests.)

Then I went to Narcotics to where I'd have to deal with "Confidential Informants" This was when methamphetamine was still the #1 illegal substance. These folks would call at ALL hours of the clock. I'd get calls at 3 a.m. and it would be whispering "they know I told... they're coming after Me..."

As soon as I went back to Patrol I gave the pager/phone back and haven't dealt with one since.. I'll be the only old guy in Ye Olde Folks' Abode that doesn't have a brain cancer or dementia. No cell phone and I use liberal amounts of Coconut Oil every day along with Turmeric..

Do You ever remember driving by a Pay Phone and seeing a long line of folks waiting to use the phone? Now what made those calls important all of a sudden?

I went out to eat last night, the table across from Me had "users" from 6-60 and each had their face deep into their independent screens. They would only look up when they took another bite. It was great for Us, because We shared a waitress and the group was so busy doing "nothing" that We got all of our food much quicker.. The 2 youngest kids did a video of their dinner and then wouldn't eat it because it got cold while setting up the shoot..

"You've reached a number that has been dis-connected...."

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The apple os update switches to soft lighting at night to help your eyes.

It still is a social problem but soon society will ditch the phone and be linked to the net through their brain

On a plus side of smart phones I can take a picture of my junk anytime I want 😊

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Good list! I was expecting all health concerns, but you covered a lot more than that. As one of those "old school" people, yeah, I can see a lot of the problems! The way people just can't put the blasted things down is what bugs me the most. It's a TOOL, folks, and you don't need it in hand all the time. I love the convenience. No searching for a payphone, or change for that, being able to call the house when out, if there is a need, like, "what was that other item we needed from the store?" or whatever. GPS is handy, and right there for anyone to use. Camera, email, texting; they can be great. Yet they are still tools. We need to be able to put them down, and not use them. As a rule, they aren't allowed at our dinner table. The teens have phones, but limited use, and that's more than enough. Most of the time, they are not in a pocket, so no worries there. They are awesome if you do have an emergency, because you can get help a lot faster. That said, how many times do people record a video, instead of seeking help for someone?? And, I agree, the way they have been forced on people isn't good. I didn't WANT a smart phone. I wanted the cute little feature phone I had, that would do calls, video, pics, text, email, GPS, and messaging. That was all I needed. Even had a browser, though it was a pain to use. You can't even get those anymore, and if you can, the features aren't supported. With mine, frst the messaging was non-supported, then the GPS feature, all to force customers to get a smart phone. I didn't, till that one literally fell apart.

new topics

top topics

join