It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
tomorrow is the California primary, i will be voting for the first time in a primary. also i will be volunteering at a nearby polling place.
there have been a lot of polling places that i'm used to being open that just aren't there this year. makes no sense, its mostly volunteer workers.

anyhow, i am voting for Bernie in the Dem. primary. i held my breath and registered democrat for the first time ever, i feel kinda dirty, so i can vote for my candidate in the primary. funny i have been voting in elections since Al Gore. this is the first time I've actually got involved, donated even. sometimes candidates inspire action.

i guess i am concerned that a lot of things may go wrong tomorrow, and in this climate plus the fact that its hot outside. or am i just being paranoid.
edit on 6-6-2016 by CaDreamer because: typos

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

That says a lot about Bernie if his message got you so involved with politics! Whether he wins the nomination or loses it doesn't matter because that right there is his victory.

Congrats on a job well done to the both of you!
edit on 6-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I too feel very concerned about this primary. I already voted for Sanders in another state, and Bernie won that state, and I am very stressed out about his winning California. I like to think of California as a progressive state - I was born there - but with their voting against marijuana legalization and for Monsanto and against GMO labeling... I'm wondering if the state can still live up to its progressive reputation...

Anyway, I sure hope Bernie wins. This is from the LA Times:

Rush to Judgement on Nomination

Shortly after the Associated Press reported Monday that Hillary Clinton has secured enough delegates to claim the Democratic presidential nomination, a spokesman for rival Bernie Sanders accused the media of a "rush to judgment." The spokesman, Michael Briggs, said Clinton hasn't secured the nomination because superdelegates, party leaders who can choose whom to support, won't vote until the convention in July. “Our job from now until the convention is to convince those superdelegates that Bernie is by far the strongest candidate against Donald Trump," Briggs said in a statement. But it’s unlikely that Sanders will be able to sway superdelegates to his side, because Clinton has won more votes, more states and more pledged delegates.

edit on 7-6-2016 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
mathematically, as the pundits are so fond of saying, neither candidate will have the delegates to clinch prior to the convention. super delegates do not vote til the convention so their votes do not count until then, they often switch sides to the stronger candidate, as they did in 2008

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ok it is a done deal...i have cast my vote and it wasnt for HRC or Drumpf

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
there where no voters at the polling place, yes it is still early but still. was told by several poll workers that most npp voters got wrong ballots not just a few.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yes, that has been happening throughout the primary election process, hasn't it?

Somebody needs to be investigated for voter fraud, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

HRC is really the only one that would stand to benefit from disenfranchisement

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
wow looking for a news site to track the primary and all of them have already called it for clinton. WTF

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The results for California are just shocking.

The entire southern half of the state voted Hillary??? I don't get it!!!

Very disappointing, but as I said in my earlier post, California ain't what it used to be.

new topics

top topics

join