It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Warns Americans “To Be Prepared For A Disaster”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ACTIVIST POST

2 JUN 2016

By Michael Snyder

www.activistpost.com...

When Barack Obama speaks to the public, it is very rare that he does so without a specific purpose in mind. So why is he urging Americans “to be prepared for a disaster” all of a sudden? On May 31, Obama took time out of his extremely busy schedule to deliver an address at the FEMA National Response Coordination Center in Washington. During his speech, he stressed that every American is responsible for preparing for disasters, and that includes “having an evacuation plan” and “having a fully stocked disaster supply kit.” These are basic steps that I have been encouraging people to do for years, but if they won’t listen to me, perhaps they will listen to the man currently residing in the White House. The following excerpt from Obama’s speech comes directly from the official White House website…

One of the things that we have learned over the course of the last seven and a half years is that government plays a vital role, but it is every citizen’s responsibility to be prepared for a disaster. And that means taking proactive steps, like having an evacuation plan, having a fully stocked disaster supply kit. If your local authorities ask you to evacuate, you have to do it. Don’t wait.

. . .
But without a doubt, we all need to be preparing for disaster. Hurricanes can create a short-term emergency that can last for a few days, but there are other threats that could create a major emergency that could potentially last for an extended period of time. That list of potential threats includes a major volcanic eruption, a natural or engineered pandemic, a west coast earthquake, a New Madrid earthquake, a tsunami on either the east or west coasts, a meteor impact, Islamic terror, war, an EMP burst that takes down the power grid, cyberwarfare, economic collapse, and civil unrest resulting in the imposition of martial law.
. . .
One more thing that I found particularly noteworthy about Obama’s speech was that he said that there is now “a FEMA app” that can direct you to the nearest “FEMA shelter” in the event of a major emergency.
. . .

I really deplore bothering with the Imposter-In-Chief and whatever he's blathering about.
However, this one struck me more forcefully than the average stuff related to him.
I know a lot of Christian prophetic types are saying that utter disaster and the wholesale slide of the Nation/planet into a greatly deeper abyss than it's ever been in will occur either before the end of 2016 or before the end of 2017.
I don't know.
I don't have a hugely strong sense about either date--though I think I'll be quite surprised if Jan 2018 comes and we are still limping along as usual.
I do think that the SElection time in Nov is going to be super conflicted if not chaotic and riotous--possibly even risking civil war.
= = =
My suspicion is that the oligarchy has been hinting, prepping, warning the populace every so many weeks to a few months now for a year or 3. IT SURE SEEMS like they KNOW some serious stuff is scheduled in the near future.
Time will tell.
Anyone else have significantly above average FEELINGS, SENSINGS, IMPRESSIONS about this warning and others similar to this one recently?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

If your local authorities ask you to evacuate, you have to do it.

The idea of a forced evacuation makes no sense to me besides being illegal.

If a person wants to stay where they are, how is it not their choice to do so?

edit on 6-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
On May 31, Obama took time out of his extremely busy schedule to deliver an address at the FEMA National Response Coordination Center in Washington.

Ever stopped to think that speech would have been planned months/years ago?

but it is every citizen’s responsibility to be prepared for a disaster. And that means taking proactive steps, like having an evacuation plan, having a fully stocked disaster supply kit. If your local authorities ask you to evacuate, you have to do it. Don’t wait.

Common sense.

I really deplore bothering with the Imposter-In-Chief

Birther nonsense, remember birthers have lost every single court case they attempted, over 200 of them as all they have is lies!
edit on 6-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I greatly agree with you.
However, their long range goal is to purportedly return massive amounts of geography to its 'natural state.'
And, certainly they seem quite intent on herding as many of the serfs and slaves as possible into much more compact 'living' arrangements . . . and/or camps awaiting death? . . .
I'm not surprised that he outted the idea that we "have" to be herded like sheep into whatever destiny awaits those herded.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Hi Bo,

barry hussein soetoro is the disaster.
... to be followed by, the next disaster, --- Stalinist Hillary

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

ACTIVIST POST

2 JUN 2016

By Michael Snyder

www.activistpost.com...

When Barack Obama speaks to the public, it is very rare that he does so without a specific purpose in mind. So why is he urging Americans “to be prepared for a disaster” all of a sudden? On May 31, Obama took time out of his extremely busy schedule to deliver an address at the FEMA National Response Coordination Center in Washington. During his speech, he stressed that every American is responsible for preparing for disasters, and that includes “having an evacuation plan” and “having a fully stocked disaster supply kit.” These are basic steps that I have been encouraging people to do for years, but if they won’t listen to me, perhaps they will listen to the man currently residing in the White House. The following excerpt from Obama’s speech comes directly from the official White House website…

One of the things that we have learned over the course of the last seven and a half years is that government plays a vital role, but it is every citizen’s responsibility to be prepared for a disaster. And that means taking proactive steps, like having an evacuation plan, having a fully stocked disaster supply kit. If your local authorities ask you to evacuate, you have to do it. Don’t wait.

. . .
But without a doubt, we all need to be preparing for disaster. Hurricanes can create a short-term emergency that can last for a few days, but there are other threats that could create a major emergency that could potentially last for an extended period of time. That list of potential threats includes a major volcanic eruption, a natural or engineered pandemic, a west coast earthquake, a New Madrid earthquake, a tsunami on either the east or west coasts, a meteor impact, Islamic terror, war, an EMP burst that takes down the power grid, cyberwarfare, economic collapse, and civil unrest resulting in the imposition of martial law.
. . .
One more thing that I found particularly noteworthy about Obama’s speech was that he said that there is now “a FEMA app” that can direct you to the nearest “FEMA shelter” in the event of a major emergency.
. . .

I really deplore bothering with the Imposter-In-Chief and whatever he's blathering about.
However, this one struck me more forcefully than the average stuff related to him.
I know a lot of Christian prophetic types are saying that utter disaster and the wholesale slide of the Nation/planet into a greatly deeper abyss than it's ever been in will occur either before the end of 2016 or before the end of 2017.
I don't know.
I don't have a hugely strong sense about either date--though I think I'll be quite surprised if Jan 2018 comes and we are still limping along as usual.
I do think that the SElection time in Nov is going to be super conflicted if not chaotic and riotous--possibly even risking civil war.
= = =
My suspicion is that the oligarchy has been hinting, prepping, warning the populace every so many weeks to a few months now for a year or 3. IT SURE SEEMS like they KNOW some serious stuff is scheduled in the near future.
Time will tell.
Anyone else have significantly above average FEELINGS, SENSINGS, IMPRESSIONS about this warning and others similar to this one recently?
theres already a thread with obama advocating for hillary.

as for any sort of things that you described well i have that feeling but sense its just that, its just a feeling of somethings going to change. not anything i can put my finger on.

you saying its this and that or that is more like you are trying to spread out more fear with nothing that is substantial

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

If your local authorities ask you to evacuate, you have to do it.

The idea of a forced evacuation makes no sense to me besides being illegal.

If a person wants to stay where they are, how is it not their choice to do so?

The idea of a forced evacuation can be argued politically in many ways to make it legal. All Your government would have to do is Call for marshal Law. And a Whole New set of rules imply.

Your government already have a established set of rules for marshal Law that you would be forced to comply With. The US military dont Train for marshal Law for no reason. Your government will use the military to make sure the marshal Law is inforced.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa

Hi Bo,

barry hussein soetoro is the disaster.
... to be followed by, the next disaster, --- Stalinist Hillary

There's FARRRRRRRRRRR TOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TRUTH TO THAT . . . though I hope the latter turns out to not be true.

Whoever the oligarchy installs will likely be worse, regardless.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I came across something recently where the WH occupant had signed an Executive Order implementing Martial Law already--but delaying implementation until another order is signed.

I'm sure that's available in the Federal Register somewhere. But I haven't researched it.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well, uh, that part of the speech the Activist Post used is from Obamas speech about being prepared for a hurricane. You know, since it's officially hurricane season.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I came across something recently where the WH occupant had signed an Executive Order implementing Martial Law

But you are unable to show us.... as expected!
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The article pointed that out.

However, his wording was more generalized than that.

And, a lot of the warnings from FEMA etc. in the last year or 3 have been rather generalized regardless of the context that prompted the specific warning in a specific venue.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No, the Activist Post is fear mongering. Hurricane season started June 1 and Obamas hurricane preparedness speech was May 31. There's no more, no less than that.

If this speech came out of nowhere about preparing for a disaster than everyone should be worried for obvious reasons. But in this case the Activist Post wants clicks to their website because money.

Don't believe the hype.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I understand your opinion is quite different from mine.

Comparing . . . I'd guesstimate . . . 8-12 other such warnings in the last 1-3 years . . . I think his is very generalized as each of those have been worded, as well.

You certainly are free to avoid believing that the PTB are warning of looming traumas that they have SOME advance warning or knowledge about.

I happen to think that they are very much more in the know on such things than the general population.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We have been warned by our government many times to be prepared for emergencies. Those who are not intelligent enough to listen should really consider what top officials are saying instead of blowing it off. At least three months of food in the house, at least a heat source that will heat one room of your house without gassing you to death for a month or so. Being somewhat prepared for the lights to go out for a couple of months is kind of important too.

Michigan has been telling people to stock up too and get prepared. They have been preparing emergency disaster stuff and making arrangements for quite a while now. It doesn't mean it is going to happen, just that they think it is possible enough to warrant the expense of training people for a major disaster throughout the state.

We actually should have been prepared all along, we went through some of the most secure times in history in the last forty years. That ended about five or so years ago. People ignored the possibility of potential threat and this will backfire for many over the next couple of decades. Back when I was a kid, most people had three months of food stocked in their pantry. They also had seeds in the drawer for starting food plants for the next year in their gardens, just in case, bought on clearance at the end of the season.

Our pantry paid itself off a couple of years ago already, we have actually saved at least a thousand bucks on top of what is invested because we buy our normal stuff on sale most of the time and we hardly ever have to take a run to the store to buy something for making a meal anymore.

Boy scout motto. Be prepared.
edit on 6-6-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well, I think you and that website are reading into things. Are the elites planning some great disaster for the population that Alex Jones and Glen Beck preach about daily? Maybe? The elites certainly do exist and always have but their population control is mainly war. But Ameruca could be on the to do list, but then again they live here so... They do have lots of under ground cities to flee to but why the hell would they want to live there while above ground is a waste land and or in chaos? Not a great plan.

But there is a message to take away from all of this and it's one you and the site are preaching and that's to be prepared for anything because life right now is very easy and convenient thank to online shopping, cars, and stores. Not being prepared for a disaster is a bad thing and a lot of people are not prepared and that picture is clear every time the local news shows the empty shelves in all the grocery stores the day before a hurricane.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
With global warming, we are going to see an increase in disasters involving hurricanes and the like. As technology increases, the chance of a major disaster also increases because things like nuclear power plants. As the middle-east destabilizes, the chance of a nuclear or biological attack goes up. Hackers could try to take out electric grids across the U.S... The internet could go out.

I think Obama is saying that the current FEMA force might not be very helpful in the event of another Katrina.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Worthy points, imho.

I think the elite have been snookered by the father of lies . . . they may have even been convinced that the UFO critters will cleanse the world from the nukes in record time etc. etc. etc.

Personally, I think vast numbers of them are going to be crushed in their bunkers and never again see the light of day. At least they would be reaping what they'd have sown, imho.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I certainly do not believe that mankind adds anything THAT significant to whatever warming trend MAY be occurring. 15,000 undersea volcanoes are playing a much greater part . . . as evidently is the sun.

Regardless, times are a changing. And Prepping, imho, is the ONLY sensible option on such scores.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Anyone that has taken a quiet look at the development of and the process of Remote Viewing should be alarmed about the repeated calls from high levels of government that we all should be preppers. After all, such "wild" talk of tough times ahead is completely outside the bounds of the "happy" talk that is the rule from the usual PR sources, completely insane, or at least completely contradictory to the usual "We are going along just great into a more glorious future for the world...," etc.

Again, I fall back to a Zen saying: "Expect nothing. Be prepared for anything."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join