It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk: One in Billion Chance We AREN’T Living in a Computer Simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

they only say that maybe cuz they don't have any other thing that comes close in terms of a similiar environment. but no it's not a stupid computer simulation. Why would God need a computer. It's nuts. It's like saying God is a man that needs tools.

Besides Musk is a bit of a goof. He made over 1 billion selling his interest in paypal, then lost it all except for 3 million. Made back some potentially now but it's hard to say for sure.

Like think about this.... even the biggest mornon on the planet would have a hard time losing A BILLION DOLLARS, but not Musk. He did it!!!! So think that over, he's a moron!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Why a computer simulation?

How about 'mind'.

The experience is real enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I would not measure him by the amount of money he made.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There are the experiences of this world being drab compared to the other world. And yes, I have seen people wake up there as if from a dream or adventure.

If one moves from the confines of a body to an unconfined state (afterlife), of course there is a difference. One would be much freer in the uncontained state.

But that does not mean this world is a matrix or a simulation.

One thing I have never heard of, nor seen, is children being born in the afterlife world. I have only seen dead children there.

The other thing I see in the afterlife are the traumatised people who suffered here. Both children and adults. Not everyone gets the clean passing over.

If this world is just a dream or a simulation then the boundaries are almost nonexistent.

If you want to know how I know this. It is because I don't have the spiritual guides to stop me from looking in places the spiritual world likes to keep hidden.

What worries me here is that the idea of this world being just a dream or a simulation will diminish the importance and value of life and living.

People suffer here, people get hurt here, if people start to think that hurting others or getting hurt is okay because this is just a bad dream and we will wake up, then we have lost something truely important.

We will have lost our humanity.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: removed unnecessary italics

edit on 7-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have found that Elons musings at code-con has been completely taken out of context.

He was suggesting that AI is very quickly becoming SAI. (Super AI)(my coin).

That said it will be highly probable that AI will eventually be able to garnish enough info that it will successfully be able to simulate anyones pasts including their ancestors. This to the point of you being able to experience their lives and personalities through simulation.

To go further, AI will be able to produce these simulations rather accurately. And to do so, also simulate the experiences that these long passed persons enjoyed, or otherwise.

So the suggestion is, that I, or we, could be the simulations produced by our decendent's far into the future.

And would we, could we, know the difference of living a new life, or repeating a past life?

Virtual Deja Vu?

But the suggestion has validity and probability.

Now, who has been simulating me?
edit on 7-6-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

ah..good pointer I dont know Dr Chuck and his theory.

I base my theory on the fact that Entropy on living systems is time inverted.
The (info/lower Entropy) has to come somewhere doesn't it ? Well I call that the higher order.

Back to the simulation (topic of post) , There is a lot of stuff that simply cant be explained by the current scientific worldview. So you can either dismiss that stuff as being fantasy or assume that the fundaments of science arent really the fundaments at all. Also things like EPR paradox and 'spook' actions at a distance become quite clear if seen through the 'simulation' theory. Modern scientist are starting to discover that physica reality might be indeed a simulation. However I think that it's not by a 'computer' simulated.

I think computer in this context is a misleading term , most people start to go full 'matrix' after using that word so I think although it might be a good metaphore it can derail the discussion completely in investing means to Prove that physical reality is indeed a simulation.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I dont belive in this context, that a simulation can prove or disprove its own existance. All that happens and all thoughts are predetermined exclusively from history by the simulator, not the simulatee.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
precisamundo......Christian prophecy expert here......agreed....I died once at D F W airport....as a ramp agent.....I saw the sim......perfectly peaceful....but I wasn't even hurt or remotely interested about that tug and 6 baggage cars piled up against the pylon.....what I saw was the frozen view of the baggage car inside corner.....after the loud bang.....that view was frozen there for an apparent 3 seconds....very peaceful 3 seconds.....then I was just standing.....not even interested....
....I saw the sim....it was frozen for just a bit

That's so weird......i did not die but......I'm a ramp rat.......sometimes I zone out and feel Like I'm getting glimpses of the sim when I am standing face to face with the AC waiting for the signal to Marshall them out.........I go into a sort of meditation while marshalling...its tricky to explain.

I get a lot of surreal moments working at the airport. A lot of trippy looking skies.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have some cheats I would like to unlock like infinite 💲💵💲💵💲, also invincibility, and unlock all vehicles......

Maybe This is the law of attraction.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

How about 'mind'.

When reading Near-Death-Experiences I also come to the assumption we are part of a bigger "mind" (a god or so). But it's certainly possible to create this world or universe in a computer simulation (maybe a quantum computer where everything is possible, even magic). Very difficult to say if either of these explanations is real or fiction...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday

originally posted by: nOraKat

How about 'mind'.

When reading Near-Death-Experiences I also come to the assumption we are part of a bigger "mind" (a god or so). But it's certainly possible to create this world or universe in a computer simulation (maybe a quantum computer where everything is possible, even magic). Very difficult to say if either of these explanations is real or fiction...

And that is what Elon was suggesting. That in the not too distant future, AI will be self suffecient in knowledge discovery, even things we human pets will not be able to fathom.

And that is where google comes in with their e-stop button. Hopefully.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
No, I tried something that is very hard. I had no sensory deprivation tank to test my theory so every night before I went to sleep I "dodged" thought and tried to dodge my senses. I know that sounds weird. But for a while there I was having very lucid dreams. Some of them were even coming true.

Very interesting to say the least.
I also did this many times "dodging" thought when I went to sleep.It is like you described it "dodging" not like emptying your mind.(I hope it makes sense).
Everytime I did this I got two kinds of dreams.

1.Lucid dreams almost like being awake, seeing and hearing everything very clear.
They were weird dreams but also something, a little event happened very detailed that I would actually see or experience a day or a couple of days after.(not significant events or at least I didn't see them as significant).
Not like Deja-vu..but exactly like it happened in the dream.It's so strange you cannot explain it in words.."omg I actually dreamed this".
I know how weird it sounds but the "wake up" voice..I heard it too maybe 3 or 4 times.If it wasn't the voice waking me up it was a bell or a ringing sound sometimes.

2.The dreams when I know I'm dreaming and once I realise I am in control I start doing everything I want..almost all the times it's flying around(and by flying I mean like a bird or something,not in a plane or any machine).
Another weird thing is that these dreams where I control everything is that they seem like let's say a TV show..episode 1,episode 2, etc. because I remember the previous one and the others too and it seems like I am continuing it..I get better at doing eveything.
More weird is that I can also wake up whenever I want..usually some thing or things bad happen(trying to stop me from doing whatever I want) and that's when I decide to wake up.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: LenatasataneL

Maybe not even then.

What if our expectations of god, death and life-after-death play as large a role in what happens to our souls after we die as the Tibetans, ancient Egyptians and others believed?

These cultures believed that death was something you spent a long time prepping for, and that others, left behind you in the land of the living also had duties and responsibilities to perform if a newly dead persons spirit was to rise correctly, beyond the wub.

What if people who believe in nothing, get nothing, while those who believe in reincarnation and karma are immediately weighed and sent back? What if the Christians get their pearly-gates and final judgement, and the Muslims get their garden of earthly delights + 73 virgins?

And what if all of them are horribly wrong, and the illusions of those particular afterlife's are just the bait on a very long line?

If you wait until you are dead before you train your "spirit" to resist easy answers and avoid false promises, it will probably be too late. Than what?

I have no idea what to believe, but I do believe I shall be keeping my heart open and my "eyes" pealed, just in case.

Sums my musings up succinctly

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenRiver
Very interesting to say the least.
I also did this many times "dodging" thought when I went to sleep.It is like you described it "dodging" not like emptying your mind.(I hope it makes sense).
Everytime I did this I got two kinds of dreams.

1.Lucid dreams almost like being awake, seeing and hearing everything very clear.
They were weird dreams but also something, a little event happened very detailed that I would actually see or experience a day or a couple of days after.(not significant events or at least I didn't see them as significant).
Not like Deja-vu..but exactly like it happened in the dream.It's so strange you cannot explain it in words.."omg I actually dreamed this".
I know how weird it sounds but the "wake up" voice..I heard it too maybe 3 or 4 times.If it wasn't the voice waking me up it was a bell or a ringing sound sometimes.

2.The dreams when I know I'm dreaming and once I realise I am in control I start doing everything I want..almost all the times it's flying around(and by flying I mean like a bird or something,not in a plane or any machine).
Another weird thing is that these dreams where I control everything is that they seem like let's say a TV show..episode 1,episode 2, etc. because I remember the previous one and the others too and it seems like I am continuing it..I get better at doing eveything.
More weird is that I can also wake up whenever I want..usually some thing or things bad happen(trying to stop me from doing whatever I want) and that's when I decide to wake up.

1. Sounds very similar. It was intoxicating in a way, I thought I was going someplace significant with my redneck research attempts. Of course that scary voice that would hit me in the mornings like a frying pan to the face kinda put a damper on things.

2. Like you the longer I did this "dodging" the easier it got. I also remember some intense flying dreams. Just a few flying dreams though.

I often wonder what would happen if we all just decided to stop participating. We all just stopped doing anything. Would God intervene? And if this is a simulation what pleasure does God get from our pain? If we are to be tortured in Hell after the simulation is done because we could not survive xyz test spiritually intact is it sadistic to enjoy punishing us? For if life is purely a simulation it seems to be a twisted one all too often.

Or maybe, the purpose of the simulation is refinement through the simulated pain to the point where only truth and love can exist as an unwavering absolute? Creation through repeated destruction. Blah, getting way off on a tangent again.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Great thread. I'm absorbing what is being said. Thanks for posting OP and all the great replies.

originally posted by: Baddogma
There are billions of stories of seeing behind one of the likely infinite curtains at death or during peak experiences... my own father died for ten minutes before his final death and reported it was like waking up from a dream to a hyper reality. He couldn't emphasize enough how drab this reality seemed in comparison.

My other family members opined that he just freaked from the drugs they gave him in ICU, and I can't say it wasn't just that, though they didn't talk about it with him for most of a night, either.

He mentioned that it is (paraphrased after almost 30 years) "no wonder not many come back here and visit loved ones, as it is like you awake from a dream, and do you want to inform your dream characters that you are okay once awake?"

He also mentioned a totality of awareness, or god, that was the universe and was torus shaped and ever exploding- enfolding, and he had a low opinion of organized religion and really expected nothing but a nice absence of consciousness.

Thank you for posting this again. It really uplifts me. For a short time I was able to do shamanistic journeying and I experienced these realities like your father described it. I used to describe my journeys as being "High Def' life, and more real than here. Everything was richer, deeper, and more intense. "Hyper Saturated' comes to mind.
I suffered a severely traumatic event in this Life, and have not been able to journey since. I really wish I could find my way back though.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The computer to write all the programs would have to be as big as the universe, why haven't our telescopes seen it yet?
Every blade of grass with its own program, every leaf, rain drop, snow flake, human, dog, cat, knife, fork, spoon, apple, orange, plum, pear, bird, frog, honey bee, (perhaps the great die off caused by a computer virus?) potato, corn stalk, wheat stalk, by Zeus, need I go on?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I certainly agree that assuming that suffering and hurting are inconsequential IF this is a simulation, would be a hideous response and not at all likely to have a good result for the one assuming that.

Suffering can be informative, revealing and educational. But it's still hideous and horrid and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

imho, we are all still quite responsible for our choices and our actions--REGARDLESS. And choices and actions have consequences--often very serious consequences--simulation or no simulation.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Great points.

I love Dr Chuck Missler's scientific comments. Well, all his stuff is pretty top flight, imho.

Whether things are a simulation, or not, I believe we are still challenged and called to make the best choices we can and to learn from them and the consequences that follow said choices. Nothing else makes sense, to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
simulation Yes , but not done by a computer. Is simulation of an higher order reality.

Everything is a simulation, no matter how high the order ...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sigh.

Try to stay grounded Bo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join