It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futuristic UFO-shaped yacht has its own garden and a stunning underwater viewing deck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Forget multimillion-dollar superyachts or cruise ships - holidaymakers may one day explore the sea in futuristic vessels that look like flying saucers. Inspired by the extraterrestrial, a design team from Italy has created a concept watercraft, called UFO (Unidentified Floating Object), that has two half-spherical shells as passenger compartments, which are divided by a floating disc that doubles as a sundeck. Guests would be able to relax in a lounge in the upper fibreglass shell or head down to the lower shell to shower or admire sea creatures.

It looks like an alien spaceship, but owners would be able to customise the exterior and interior to their liking. The surface of the disc could be used as a garden with grass and trees, sundeck or walking or cycling path, while the interior could hold a kitchen, lounge or luxury amenities that would normally be found in a swanky house, although space would be limited.Even in rough seas, the UFO would maintain its position and stability safely thanks to a special elastic anchor system.
This sure looks like a great holiday getaway, and at the same time explore the wonders beneath the sea. To view photo go to:en.people.cn...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

you didnt include a link, you should always source your material for threads, you should also always proof read what you post to ensure you dont accidentally forget something like said source. this hap hazard thread posting that so much of ats seems to be inclined to lately is why we are ending up with so many # threads nowadays,
also, this isnt buzzfeed, you cant just post random articles you find on the web here, that isnt the point of this website, the point here is discussion typically conspiratorial type discussion, when you post a thread you are REQUIRED (as in read the T&C) to input your own content into the OP you must comment about the article you are linking, tell us why you are linking it, what is interesting about it, why do YOU think we should take notice of it. i noticed you are posting numerous threads rapidly all from the dailymail with zero of your own commentary on them, which looks to me like your just a paid mouthpiece for the dailymail regurgitating any of their articles onto this site for more clickbaiting views...

and heres the source link you failed to include in the op www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 6/6/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

WHY dont you DRY up......

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

How come his OP is including the link without showing an edit then? Don't they show up on OP's?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Easy enough to find the link.
It's a very little yacht.
And apparently, it does not actually exist.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If I had too much money I would buy one...

After I bought an actual yacht.

Then I could drag this thing to cool places. Tavarua, for example. I hear there's a nice left there. Did I mention I'm a goofy foot?

edit on 6/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Very cool concept! I was just wondering how it would react in rough seas. The sphere would make it impossible to submerse but the ring and flat surface may cause it to be extremely turbulent and possibly cause it to flip upside down if faced with high waves.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Fun concept.

In order to prevent capsizing, make it a gyro yacht!

I would want one as well if I had millions of unneeded Washington's lying around.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"They said the UFO is environmentally-friendly and entirely self-sufficient, using solar panels or wind or water turbines to for energy, an electric engine and a water generator that turns salt water or rain into drinking water.
The vessel isn't for those who have a need for speed, as it would have a top speed of just three knots (3.45mph)."

And then

"With an overall length of 7.55 metres (24.7ft), the Jet Capsule runs on a diesel or petrol engine and can hit a maximum speed of 32 knots (36.8mph), although faster models are available."

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yes, it would appear at 1st glance it may not be very seaworthy, but i'm sure with their investment they would be well aware of any negative to overcome. The anchor has an elastic system,(not heard of that before) and i also think it will be more suitable for travelling on close-in waterways and islands as opposed to open sea.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

well # i dont know what to say, i swear i looked over his post 5 times making sure i wasnt missing it, but ya there it is now, guess i just overlooked it. or is there now some way of removing the "edit by" line perhaps? would explain it. nonetheless it is still pretty lacking in content for a thread, nothing but a repost of click bait, no commentary or anything of substance. or i guess the point is there is nothing separating the post from a typical advertisement for another sites articles.

originally posted by: tommo39

WHY dont you DRY up......

i swear im dry i dont drink, except a beer or two a month, thats it, that doesnt make me alcoholic does it?

(sarcasm disclaimer well aware he didnt mean i was a drunk, but thats how it sounded to me)
edit on 6/8/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm not sure what he means by dry up either.. you can always remove edit add on but only if you edit a post that was already edited, so the latest edit will always show up. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Hey tommo, what do you mean by dry up? Is this some new sassy slang I haven't heard before? Or are you hoping it catches on?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
"They said the UFO is environmentally-friendly and entirely self-sufficient, using solar panels or wind or water turbines to for energy, an electric engine and a water generator that turns salt water or rain into drinking water.
The vessel isn't for those who have a need for speed, as it would have a top speed of just three knots (3.45mph)."

And then

"With an overall length of 7.55 metres (24.7ft), the Jet Capsule runs on a diesel or petrol engine and can hit a maximum speed of 32 knots (36.8mph), although faster models are available."

The 2nd part is not for the "UFO", but for a "Jet Capsule"
www.jetcapsule.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I want one, too!! I'ld just find a neat place and drop my anchor. Of course, wanting one is just like my Christmases as a kid, when what I wanted and what I got could be two different things. .... Ahhh, this is the stuff of dreams, nice dreams....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Ah, gotcha'. I missed a key paragraph. Ta

new topics

top topics

join