It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bentleys and Mercedes totalling millions have been abandoned by their rich owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The car park in Chengdu, China, is home for at least two Bentleys, two Land Rovers and three Mercedes Benz There's over 200 vehicles in various conditions that have been abandoned by their owners for different reasons Officials are struggling to decide what to do with the vehicles and weeds and bushes grow around the cars

There are over 200 vehicles, dubbed 'zombie cars', in the lot. The place they're kept in is called a 'tyrant's car park' because of the value contained in the storage space. Some of the cars have been kept in the same place for more than two years as bushes and trees grow up around them, shielding them from the outside world. The two Bentleys, one a Bentley Continental GT and another Bentley Flying Spur, are worth at least 3 million Yuan (£300,000) each in China.
To view photo's of these cars go to:www.dailymail.co.uk... des-totalling-millions-abandoned-rich-owners.html Being abandoned, the cars no doubt belong to criminals on the run, or people facing corruption etc...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nah... not abandoned due to crime, but rather it's the rich leaving to their safe lairs underground and at sea as the rogue solar system careens through our system, creating the latest of the regular catastrophes Earth goes through.

Now, I'm kidding and just being a good ATSr with the above comments, but there are plenty of loony, science poor folks who believe that scenario above. And that scenario isn't as unlikely as some would think, as catastrophes happen, and so do global catastrophic events... it's just, thankfully, less often then some sellers of survival gear and religious fanatics would have it.

So yeah, likely the super rich just forgot their spare rides.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

phhhh....I doubt that. There is no space, get real.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you view the article there is a Hyundai.

Yes, a Hyundai.

LOL. I guess rich people like small, sensible cars that get good gas mileage too!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Errr.... It says the majority of the vehicles are involved in ongoing criminal investigations, so the owners can't retrieve them.

So they're not abandoned. They still have owners who, presumably, still want their property back.

I'd be well annoyed if my motor was kept in those conditions for 2 years pending investigation.

What exactly are the officials confused about? Whether to sell the evidence or scrap it?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The article states the owners can't claim them, because they were involved in crime.
I don't know why they don't just auction them off and get it over with.

We have a couple of corvettes in my town that have been confiscated, and are now police cars. Pretty weird.

There was also a Mercedes somebody made into a "low rider'. Now that was one ugly car!

new topics

top topics

join