It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralph Nader on Trigger Warnings: 'Young Men Now Are Far Too Sensitive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: onequestion

Those women know dang well they like being whistled at. At least I have never been complained on, and I still do at the mall now and then. or I just say "Damn girl you fine, wussup with that number though?"

Strangely enough, I have had black [dyed] hair since I was 18, then in the late 90's I decided to go blonde. Properly peroxide blonde. Sudden;y I got wolfwhistled so often [wasn't used to it], that one day I snapped at a lone builder.

He whistled and I stopped and gave him a tirade of being fed up etc etc, I shouted at him and let out all the frustration I felt at being whistled at. The poor guy looked quite shocked, he got it all, even though he was just the straw that broke this camel's back.

A day later my hair was black again. The whistling stopped and it is still black. Just thought to add that not all girls like it. Even though I think the majority does. But then I am weird.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Andy Rooney is a white nationalist spawn of Satan, the Leviathan.

You mention nationalist as if that is derogatory. What is the problem with wanting your nation to excel and be good place to live?

The rest, need documented proof and pics ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I would have whistled at you again as soon as you turned around. I prefer darker hair myself over blonde.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Well, with arrogance first comes confidence. You can't have one without the other, right? But arrogant, oh yes and that's the problem.

I would say no. Arrogance is a defense mechanism to deflect any criticism. It can be viewed as similar to confidence, but it aint the same.

I agree that arrogance is a defence mechanism to deflect criticism, but that is the opposite of confidence. A confident person is hardly bothered by criticism.

soulwaxer

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Those women know dang well they like being whistled at. At least I have never been complained on, and I still do at the mall now and then. or I just say "Damn girl you fine, wussup with that number though?"

Why is it that guys think we enjoy being treated like pieces of meat? "She likes it" they say, then when I tell you what I think of you, you call me an insane feminist whore. I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I must get out too much, because I've only ever seen trigger warnings in reference to extremely graphic material, (like a CCTV video of a violent attack on a woman in an alley, disseminated in an attempt to identify the perpetrator) - warning that it may be "triggering" to victims of sexual assault. I haven't come across it in any other situation, though I have seen it discussed here a lot.

If people are co-opting "trigger warnings" for their whiny, overly-sensitive reasons, that is just sick and inappropriate. That's what I'm assuming this is about. Like I said, I must get out too much, because I haven't seen or come across this abuse of the term "trigger warning." Is it really happening on a large scale, or is this some small-scale thing blown out of proportion, as a lot of ridiculously silly "current events" topics seem to be these days?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

Why is it that guys think we enjoy being treated like pieces of meat? "She likes it" they say, then when I tell you what I think of you, you call me an insane feminist whore. I don't get it.

I'm male, but when I've witnessed it happening, I always laugh, and wonder if it's ever worked for them. I don't think most women are all that bothered by it, but it depends on the situation. A woman walking alone past a group of men, especially without a lot of other people around, doesn't (and shouldn't) exactly feel comfortable with being pointed out as the target of their lonely, desparate desires.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join