It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Hits 'Magic Number' of Delegates to Clinch Nomination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think so, Webb is very much anti establishment, that's why he refused to go for re election to his Senate seat...

He can't stand it, and tried his best, but fell off the political map because of his refusal to play ball with the entrenched scum who rule DC...

The folks weren't ready... but there's a glimmer of hope seeing how Trump and Sanders are completely turning the PRez election upside down...

That wasn't supposed to happen ....

It's a start though, and we can't get to the finish line without getting off the blocks, I think the folks got "off the blocks" this year...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
CNN laying it on thick.....

Hillary Clinton's historic moment

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It's all I've heard for the last few hours. 6 states and all of the superdelegates yet to go and it's already in the bag?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think the HRC campaign is very nervous about Cali....

It's a shame really, having a woman finally on a Presidential ticket as the nominee, should be a point of celebration for our country...

The way this one is happening doesn't rise to the level of accomplishment in my eyes... I am sure that many will shed tears of joy, but I would rather have seen this kind of history go down without the mass baggage...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It could be, she's not my first choice....or even in the top 50 for that matter, however I'm not one to stand in the way of the will of the majority. Seems to me the will is being manipulated in general, but this. This is really strange.

News outlets have been told, numerous times, not to include superdelegates in the final count but they keep doing it. Now why would they do that especially the day before 6 states and arguably California the most important which has showed huge Sanders support.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The media failed to sway the GOP voters, perhaps they will fail in their efforts to keep Sanders' voters home later today...

One thing is sure..

Philly should be interesting come July, when the convention hits town....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: lostbook

Trump had to fight 15 competitors and still got the nomination before Hillary, even though all she needed to beat were 2. (Sanders & Webb) What does that tell ya?

That it's easier to beat 15 people than 2. That sounds backwards but it's true. Beating 15 people only requires 10% of the vote, Trump won most states at around 33% of the vote and took it on the backs of several winner take alls. Beating 2 people requires getting much larger chunks of voters.

There's a reason Trump picked this election, he's been wanting to jump into a race for 20 years. He picked this one because it was the easiest one to win.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread but just thought I'd put it out here.

I'm surprised that the Libertarian party isn't getting more exposure considering the Democratic and Republican nominees are so unfavorable. Seriously, I've been a libertarian for years (which makes me biased, i know) and lived in New Mexico when Gary Johnson was governor, he was awesome and he's the only actual 3rd party nominee thats going to be on the ballet in all the states. But still!! My opinion aside, I feel like more people would be considering him seriously. OR at least the Libertarian party would try harder to give themselves more exposure since this seems to be their best election to be taken seriously as a viable option over Hillary and Donald.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's called the "magic" number because it isn't actually real.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

What, you mean the Clinton News Network?

Nah, they're totally not biased or anything.

Did you say CNN?

Ted Turner love you long time Mr. Clinton!

-FBB

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The superdelegates that have already said they are committed to Clinton. Those people. Why would they flip to Bernie?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What on earth. Jezze denial anyone?
Not my spin. My reporting it but I'm not spinning a thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

They're announcing this based on Puerto Rico the virgin island and new superdelegates that have said they're going with Hillary. Nothing to do with Jersey at all. Later on tonight yes but right now they're not in the total count.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And Martin OMally who still has superdelegates committed to him.
15 competitors who gave up the fight way to early. Went belly up because the republicans can't seem to ever find a candidate that can win. Now you guys are stuck with put my foot in my mouth Trump.
Lucky You.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Which is funny because up until this election they were always counted.
I don't understand why this cycle it's different. Not like those people are going to just up and switch over to Sanders.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think in the event of extenuating circumstances they would in fact switch their vote. There is a shroud around that woman and she's not out of the woods yet.

By releasing this story, with or without her approval, they've in effect manipulated the voting populace of those six states. That could have drastic results in the votes and on the voters later today which in theory could in fact sway super delegates. It is important to remember that they don't vote until the convention!

Politicians relying on other politicians to keep their promises, oh the irony!
edit on 7-6-2016 by JinMI because: Stuff and Thangs

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There was no primary on Monday. There was no voting on Monday, and yet for no reason, they want the Tuesday morning headline story to be Hillary winning the nomination before California even votes?

This is a bonafide outrageous media conspiracy and propaganda move on an epic scale timed for no other reason than to influence the California primary. It's a huge mistake for Hillary's people to manipulate (probably bribe) the nonprofit and supposedly nonpartisan Associated Press this way. I mean...just wow, what an astonishingly bad move for them.

Why? If her nomination wasn't DOA, it is now. This is going to be the last straw for Sanders supporters. She won the nomination but now she will never be able to get the Sanders people back and so she has no chance to win in November.

Everybody knows that for a month or so, the math said Bernie was coming up short barring high percentage wins that he was unlikely to get, but this whole thing has become a fascinating mess. Bernie came on strong but just a little too late to catch Hillary. Hillary's candidacy is a sinking ship but it didn't sink early enough to cost her the nomination. And as for the issue of the day here, it was wildly inappropriate for the AP to make such a blatant anti-democratic, straight up propaganda move to call it all for Hillary with Californians going to the polls today and Bernie still technically having a chance until they have voted.

Assuming that California does not landslide for Bernie today (pretty safe bet) then worst of all for the Democrats, Hillary only beat Bernie by winning a bunch of states in the South East that will never go Democrat in November.

What it all adds up to is that she's a DOA nominee like Bob Dole (except everybody liked Bob Dole). It's just "her turn" to be the nominee. Whereas Bernie has the momentum so at least he would have had a chance in November and the national discussion around a Sanders vs Trump election would have been fascinating and productive for the country.
edit on 7-6-2016 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 11andrew34
There was no primary on Monday. There was no voting on Monday, and yet for no reason, they want the Tuesday morning headline story to be Hillary winning the nomination before California even votes?

This is a bonafide outrageous media conspiracy and propaganda move on an epic scale timed for no other reason than to influence the California primary. It's a huge mistake for Hillary's people to manipulate (probably bribe) the nonprofit and supposedly nonpartisan Associated Press this way. I mean...just wow, what an astonishingly bad move for them.

Why? If her nomination wasn't DOA, it is now. This is going to be the last straw for Sanders supporters. She won the nomination but now she will never be able to get the Sanders people back and so she has no chance to win in November.

edit on 7-6-2016 by lostbook because: word change

This leads to my point that Hillary would be smart to make Sanders her V.P. thus ensuring that she gets his supporters on board with her. Otherwise they may switch to Trump or not vote in the election at all.
edit on 7-6-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

The media failed to sway the GOP voters, perhaps they will fail in their efforts to keep Sanders' voters home later today...

One thing is sure..

Philly should be interesting come July, when the convention hits town....

I think the writing is on the wall and Sanders needs to start to make inroads towards Hillary so that he'll be high on her list for V.P.

I think a Clinton/ Sanders ticket would be unstoppable. Since everyone sees Hillary as corrupt and evil, I think Sanders would be just what she needs to bring honesty to her campaign. Plus, she'll need Sanders supporters to ensure a win.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Sanders would loose all credibility. She embodies everything he is against.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join