It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things that have happened to me throughout my life...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am not a superstitious person. I rarely get scared of "ghosts" or "ghost" stories... I am much more frightened by some of the evil people that exist in the world. However this glass of whiskey and a long conversation with an old friend has reminded me of some "experiences" I have had along the way. There are too many little things that have happened so I will narrow it down to a few key events.

- When I was 3 (Yes I have memories that far back) there was a storm. A really big one. Lightning actually struck a house a few rows down from me. My mom wouldn't allow me to sleep in her bed anymore as she said I was "too old" when I went that night to seek comfort. I returned to my room and on the way back to my bed, I passed a window. Outside there was a shadow of a man standing by and looking in. He had on a big over coat and hat. I blinked a few times and he did not move, only appeared to stare at me. I then watched as he turned into a rattlesnake (I saw and heard the rattle) and crawled under my bedroom. I told my mom about it and she insisted it must have been a dream but decided to check under the house anyway. To everyone's surprise, under my bedroom specifically, there was a rattlesnake nest.

-When I was 8 my mom got me a talking doll. Yes, it did talk to me randomly at night. I would bury it in the bottom of my toy chest, close it and then close my closet door with the toy chest inside and I would randomly hear it say "Mommy come play with me." No thanks, demon. I'm good.

-Throughout my life there has been a weird thing where, no matter where I lived, there was an odd tapping on the inside of the walls by my head. I would wake up to it, it would follow me room to room. Sometimes even coming from inside an old war chest I kept close to my bed. I learned to live with it and ignore it, but it still is odd that no matter what house or apartment I live in, it happens at random. (Several of my old roommates witnessed it.)

- I did a lot of chores and one was to clean the bathrooms 2x a week. No big deal.... except that when I would clean them in the house we lived at in STL, my mom would come in screaming at me several times that I hadn't cleaned it because everything was covered in tiny red spots. The bathrooms were stacked on top of each other, one in the basement the other upstairs, and I had later come to find out that when the house was remodeled the stairs used to be in that spot. Weird. Only 2 rooms in the house that had that issue so I know it wasn't rusty pipe water. (We even had our water tested). I was cool with the idea of a ghost but I was not cool with getting in trouble because of one.

- Speaking of the house in STL, The very 1st full day there, I was instructed to do laundry. While I was pulling the laundry out, my mom called me for dinner. I put the basket of clothes on the floor and decided I would fold them later. I was 9, eating was much more important to me at that time. Upon finishing dinner, I cleaned the dishes and proceeded back to the laundry room. The basket of clothes was gone. I asked my mom if she had moved it and she was as confused as I was. Never saw the basket itself ever again but all the clothes came up folded in their respective places...whatever, thanks for the help with the chores, ya creep.

- One day when I was 13, my mom had to leave for work by the power was out. Cell phones were fairly new and we only had one in our house so she gave it to me but instructed me to keep it off unless there was an emergency. I liked the quiet and sat on the couch in the sunlight with my books and my cats. I got the weird feeling that you get when someone is staring at you and I glanced up, thinking it was my other cat being an asshole. We had a projector screen TV in our living room and the reflection gave me a clear image of the hallway to my room. Right then I saw the shadow person I swear was the same one from when I was 3 pass from the bathrooms (which used to be the stairs) and the old master bedroom (my current room). Just then I heard 2 sets of feet on the stairs. In my head, for whatever reason, I thought it sounded like a lighter step of a woman and a hard step of a man going down the stairs. I thought to myself that it was my cats but when I looked they were next to me. I shrugged it off and went back to reading. A few minutes later I heard the same 2 sets of footsteps on the stairs except this time they were running. When that noise stopped, I heard a phone dial. I assumed all the noise was our power reconnecting and so I went to check the wall phone but it was still dead. Flipped the breakers and still nothing so I got really weirded out and was like "That's it, I'm officially a nut job. I can never tell anyone about this or they will lock me away!" I sat back on the couch and went back to reading. 15 minutes later there was a banging so loudly on the front door that I almost pissed myself and jumped up. I unlocked the door and it swung open and in rushed my Grandpa shouting "Where is he? I'll kill him, where is he!!?" I finally got him to calm down because at this point I am so confused. Grandpa explained that his house phone rang several times but the caller ID didn't work for some reason. They eventually answered and they said there was a girl's voice screaming HELP ME HELP ME and a man's voice in the background and then just silence.... I was thoroughly scared for whatever reason and looked into a bunch of stuff about ghosts and demons and blah blah.

-Met one of my best friends at the age of 21. She brought me to her parents house one night because she is huge on family and wanted me to meet them. Her dad is a pastor but he is one of the most laid back people I know and no mention of religion was brought up. We went to bed that night and I just kept getting that weird gut feeling that someone was staring at me. I eventually got myself to sleep when there was a banging on the door that lead to the outside. Extra weird because the balcony on the other side of the door didn't have stairs leading up to it. I took a peek out the window and found her dog sitting in the yard staring at the door. I figured "Oh good, this again." and laid back down. I woke up a few hours later with the feeling that something was sitting on my chest. YAY sleep paralysis. I eventually flung myself to the floor and drug my way to the stairs all the while feeling this incredible weight on my body. I eventually broke free, convinced myself I had been lucid dreaming and sleep walking so I could get my heart to calm down. I laid down and stared at the ceiling and all of a sudden my best friend starts speaking in some kind of weird language. Her eyes are closed so I nudge her slightly. She continues unphased and is getting louder. I shake her harder....she gets louder. I hopped on top of her and full force shake her body until she opens her eyes and she's like "What?" I said "Nothing, you were having a bad dream, go back to sleep." It wasn't until the next day when we were an hour away from that house that I asked her if she remembered anything. She got this pained look on her face and said "Oh no.... I already know what you are going to say." So I told her and she admitted she didn't want to tell me about the house because she didn't want me to see things that weren't there but they have apparently had several exorcisms performed there.

I ran out of space so this is where my story ends lol

edit on 6-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow creepy stories. I guess some people are just more sensitive than others. My brother is real quite and seems to be the only family member who attracts the supernatural.

One time we got done swimming at the lake and were all heading back to our picnic area. My brother was the last person in the water still cleaning his Sandy feet. He heard a very loud scream right next to his ear, turned around and there was no one even nearby.

One night my parents were attending a funeral home in the evening and had left all the kids home alone. The entire evening we stayed in my room and played cards. My brother had heard some noise in the hall way, so he opened my door and saw my grandma walked into my parents room. My grandma had already passed away from cancer about five years before that. He continued hearing rumbling noise from my parents room but never told us the story until years later.

Back in Thailand, my cousin married his second wife and the in laws, specifically the mother in law, had wanted to charge him $4k as the bride price. He took it to the village mayor and they settled the price in half for $2k. The mother in law wasn't so happy. Three months into the marriage and the mother in law passed away. Two weeks after the funeral, my cousin was up late. He heard the wind picked up usually, and then heard the front door creek open. As he turned around to look at his bedroom door, the curtains flew open and there stood his dead mother in law, eyes locked she wouldn't let him move. He finally jolted himself free from the paralyzing stare and kicked his walls of hard that the neighbors came running over to check on him. She vanished but the house smelled of rotting flesh. That night him and his wife slept over at the neighbors and the house continued to smell for an entire week.
edit on 6-6-2016 by Richsac89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

I've never had smells. That's weird. I have heard of other people smelling flowers or terrible odors

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
After loved ones passing....the famous white animals....mainly dogs

my mother in law......plain as day.....had the same hair even....and she was cool.....walked in the door with us and sat by the.....no her couch.....I said yes....jump up....and she did.....first time she ever did anything in agreement with me....the black sheep not good enough for her daughter

then out the door and disappeared in 10 seconds....in a 40 acre yard

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Fascinating reading!! I grew up hearing unusual stories of this sort, and have shared a few of my own, here and there. The sort of thing you share is different, but then not so different, really. Seems normal to me, lol! The figure in the hat sounds like something a lot of people have reported seeing. Very creepy! The talking doll......I had some that did, and they never, EVER, talked when I didn't want them to. Now, to be fair, mine were rather "old school"; you pulled a string to make it talk. I could see a toy being set off, it it was motion sensitive, maybe by a house settling, but no idea with your doll. Definitely creepy. The laundry being put away, very odd. Have had things moved over the years, and my oldest told me about how one of hers would find coins, all the time, that she KNEW weren't lying around. Mostly, IIRC, dimes or nickles. Stuff we had moved was never helpful at all; more cases of something disappearing, then showing up elsewhere, or back where it had been. Can share some other stories, if people are interested.

In your case, do you still have things like this happen? From what I can tell, seems if someone encounters one odd thing, it's never just the one.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I haven't had anything weird happen since I have moved into this apartment. Maybe a tap here and there but nothing extreme .

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

I haven't had anything weird happen since I have moved into this apartment. Maybe a tap here and there but nothing extreme .

Well, that's something!! Less for me in recent years, but I am to the point that I will order OUT anything that shows, and the hubby is a natural ghostbuster. Nothing EVER shows up when he's around, even in places with known spooks. That, I really love!!

Place we lived, years ago, when I was pregnant with the older boy, was BAD. Felt wrong just driving past, and when we realized that was the house, the oldest girl and I were both less than happy. Creepy place! The heat vents were wrought iron things in the walls, a good 18 inches across, and I would hear movement in them, when no one was there. No signs of rodents, either. None at all. When I was up late, and the hubby was home, all was quiet, but when he was away (and he was a LOT then, with all sorts of stupid training exercises), I'd hear booted feet walking in the attic, which was NOT a full height. No one up there, no person, anyway, and no place raccoons or squirrels could get in. I made him check. Plus, ONLY when he was gone. Animals would have been there when he was. The entrance to the basement was off the kitchen, in the back of the house, with a ladder to the attic at the head of the basement stairs. There was a latch hook for the basement door, that I kept in place. Spooky basement, dimly lit and partitioned off a bit. Neither I nor my daughter liked it down there, and she was as spooked about the attic as I was. That door wold not open if you shook it, but, during the day, with no one home but me, it would be open more times than not, when I went into the kitchen. No drafts, no way to make it come unlatched, but still, I'd find it open. Very creepy place. I dreamed about a troll sort of thing (like a larger version of the thing in Cat's Eye). One dream, I rebuked it, and oddly (or not), there were less problems in the house after that. I was very happy when we moved!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Does it storm often where you are?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 5plus5and7withX

I live in Missouri, we get a lot of tornados

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ugh. I get the heebies in old houses
edit on 10-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Ugh. I get the heebies in old houses

Depends on the house with me. That place, I'd bet you would have! Felt that driving past, which we did because the hubby switched around a coupe of streets on the directions. Icky place. I'd love a big old sprawling place, though, with some cool architecture. It would have to feel alright, though! Old or new, if I don't like it, I told the hubby he doesn't get vote!

new topics

top topics

join