It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia I cant vote for either of these clowns.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Many of us over 40 no longer recognize the country we grew up in and are now awake to the fact that neither major party represents nor cares for ordinary Australians anymore.

In the last 6 years we have lost 100,000 manufacturing jobs and 50,000 mining jobs both parties are equally worthless at saving decent jobs or creating them.Both parties let muslim immigration continue unabated despite the fact they are now building ghettos,dont assimilate and are mostly permanently on welfare(refugees not legitimate migrants).Both leaders usurped Prime Ministers,both think they have a divine right to rule both have hinted after superannuation they may well come after your savings.

The lesser of two evils is still evil and this time I am not voting for it,my strategy will be to pick responsible small party and independant Senators to hopefully block either sides excesses,if this means a log jam so be it,perhaps it best as little as possible legislation gets passed.

Third parties and independants are about the only hope left,does anyone else feel the same?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Damn!
And I was thinking about Leaving the U.S. and going to Australia to avoid this BS...

Is there nowhere else to go now?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

New Zealand is doing better than Australia perhaps thats an option.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Only costs $20 bucks to not vote!!

You know any independent vote still goes to one of the two.. Can't change a thing.. :/

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Perhaps your right but after the other day when 33 Vietnam and Malayan conflict veterans remains were repatriated back to Australia and neither of these pricks showed up for it I intend to vote and to vote to stuff up either ones plans.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Damn!
And I was thinking about Leaving the U.S. and going to Australia to avoid this BS...

Is there nowhere else to go now?

Learn Spanish and go to Uruguay. Or maybe you could try Belize or maybe French Polynesia? Keep away from islands close to the equator like Neru (Sp?), they have too much leprosy. Zambia and Botswana are still supposed to be pretty good, I have a long time friend who runs a game farm in Zambia.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Hey, look at what we had up here in Canadakastan in the last election... We had Harper, a control freak and baby Trudeau, a controlled freak. The politicians are getting slimier and slimier, pretty soon you won't need any lubricant to fire them (from a cannon lol). It's funny, I wanted to go to Australia but I heard it costs $50,000 a year just to be homeless lol.

Your politurds are same as everyone else's, they're bought and paid for puppets. Shame they're not actually made of wood, if they were at least they might have some utility in heating house, but I don't know if I could stand the stench.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/6.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

We have an ex General manager of Goldman Sachs or an ex-union boss that did dodgy deals that shafted his constituents and favoured big business to choose from,theres 100,000 homeless here yet these clowns both reckon theres never been a better time to be Australian just watching them makes me nausious.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

We have an ex General manager of Goldman Sachs or an ex-union boss that did dodgy deals that shafted his constituents and favoured big business to choose from,theres 100,000 homeless here yet these clowns both reckon theres never been a better time to be Australian just watching them makes me nausious.

We had a Goldman Sachs tool running the Bank Of Canada up until a year ago or so. Long before that, PE Trudeau privatized the BOC in 1974, our total debt load as a nation was about 15 billion dollars. Today, we are sitting around 1.4 trillion. Gotta love that compound interest going to the IMF through our private banks.

BTW, do you know how the IMF scam works? Every person you have in a nation has a value, commoditised or valuated to between 2 and 5 million dollars. The total amount of money that can be borrowed from the IMF equals the total number of people times the commodity value. So, how much are 50,000 Syrians worth to the IMF? Oh, around what, 100 to 150 billion. By this, we should be able to calculate what each of our nations is bring in, in human capital.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm nearly 50 and still recognise my country, I live in Sydney if your wondering.... how do you find it unrecognisable, I see nothing has changed.

"In the last 6 years we have lost 100,000 manufacturing jobs and 50,000 mining jobs "... do you have a credible source for this?

"Both parties let muslim immigration continue unabated despite the fact they are now building ghettos,dont assimilate and are mostly permanently on welfare(refugees not legitimate migrants)"...... again, I would like to see a credible source for this statement you have made.

"Both leaders usurped Prime Ministers,both think they have a divine right to rule both have hinted after superannuation they may well come after your savings".... again, anything to back this statement up?

I do agree that no one currently in Australian politics is capable of running the country properly.

I do think your wrapping up personal bias against some ethnic groups within the same blanket as your frustration with the current political landscape?

What do you really want to say?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mickierocksman

The 100000 figure came from the Abc which as the national broadcaster I would hope is credible,the 50,000 figure from business insider.com although other sources claim 75000,my personal bias is not against an ethnic group bring in all the Muslim Doctors,Engineers,Scientists to positively contribute you want but not unemployable illiterate-even in their own language,let alone English permanent blights on the welfare system .

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It would be a very,very long response if I documented all the changes I've noticed but as for the masses give them a stadium and a six pack or a piece of hand held technology and they are happy to live in ignorance,I hope this is not you.I dont mean to be offensive just your response surprised me.
edit on 6-6-2016 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Advanced google search provides nothing from the ABC on the job losses.... can you link the report please?

In regards to the business insider story and I quote: “A large share of this job shedding will be accounted for by the completion of several large resource projects" ..... this has been happening since 2012 at a steady rate.

I quote again... "While the vast majority who lost their jobs over the past three years have found replacement work – ANZ suggests that just 10,000 unemployed Australians currently identify that they worked in mining in the past two years".... so really not an issue unless you want more mining of our natural resources? Maybe read the entire article for context rather than just picking what may confirm bias thinking?

So you wish to selectively allow only immigrants that have been educated with a university degree? What % of the people seeking immigration or asylum to this country do you think would have such a university degree?

If the table was turned, would you (with your education being either a Doctor, Engineer or a Scientist) be allowed into this country? If you don't 'make that grade' of person, what would you do?

Interested.....

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

"It would be a very, very long response if I documented all the changes I've noticed"

Please go ahead, I have the time.....

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It is important that you vote. This year vote for a minor party, at least you know what their agenda is, and an independent is a real person not some party controlled automatic voting machine.

originally posted by: Parafitt
Only costs $20 bucks to not vote!!

You know any independent vote still goes to one of the two.. Can't change a thing.. :/

Parafit this is so not true and old fashioned thinking. The majors only get the vote when an independent or minor party fails to get 50% of the vote. There are enough independents and minor parties that if people woke up and voted for them it would never get down to one of the majors. A revolution is coming this election, prepare to see a government made from small parties, just like in Europe. It worked for years for them - till they joined the EU but that's another story.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Why link it you'll just twist it to suit your ends,why list the changes you will just deny them, are you interested in the future of your country or just proving your intellectual superiority on threads ?what would I do I would balance the budget I would tell the world to get stuffed and look after our poor,sick and underprivaledged first and everyone would get a bumper sticker PISS OFF-WERE FULL
edit on 6-6-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm just pointing out the stated truth rather than twisting reports and articles or nit picking pieces to push an opinion.

Ok, don't point out what you have seen 'change' in this country.... you are right I would deny most if not all of them whilst providing a logical and forward thinking viewpoint.

Ok, your the PM then.....

How would you balance our budget?

How would you tell the world to get stuffed?

How would you look after our poor, sick and underprivileged?

How would you fund the bumper stickers?

Would you be looked at as a good leader?

Do you think we are full here in Australia (or only full for those that do not qualify?)

Still interested......

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I actually think the situation is dire these free trade agreements have handed much sovereignty to foreign corporations and powers,our rural land is being sold to foreigners or destroyed by mining interests,farmers are committing suicide,weve been sold down the river I actually believe third parties and independants are our democracys last hope.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

No lets not discuss my obvious defects and clear inferiority compared to yourself,which one of these two clowns are YOU voting for and why?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Neither, like I said at the start, not one person currently in Australian politics can run this country correctly (I'm not even saying I could) I will be voting for an independent that has yet to prove themselves, nor have I made a decision on which one yet.... I like to be open with my thinking and then make a decision based on current facts.

Mickierocksman

top topics

<<   2 >>

join