It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now allows trans people to decide their own gender

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: B14ckC47

You need to educate yourself on the history of Gender Dysphoria. The name was changed because the transgendered community and their supporters protested to have the name changed to make themselves feel better. Really... that is the truth.

They just didn't like the name... but because they wanted healthcare for this mental disorder, they didn't want the mental disorder completely removed... so it remains a mental disorder in the book of mental disorders, but with a different name.

You can even read about it here, straight from DSM5.

www.dsm5.org...

Or here is another source:

www.advocate.com...

For years advocates have lobbied the American Psychiatric Association to change or remove categories labeling transgender people in a psychiatric manual, arguing that terms like “Gender Identity Disorder” characterize all trans people as mentally ill.

If it wasn't a mental disorder, or some type of disorder, it shouldn't need treatment. They shouldn't need medication and all that to "transition". It should be natural and normal, and they should learn to accept it. But no, that doesn't happen, because they are mentally ill.
edit on 7-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: B14ckC47
a reply to: DeepImpactX

If you're confused about the asshole you see in the mirror, you need help.

No confusion about that. I accept it as a part of my natural make-up. It's how God made me. But I don't go around asking for acceptance of it from other people and I certainly don't ask for my own damn bathroom. I may be an asshole, but I'm not THAT asshole.

The DSM 5 removed gender dysphoria from it's mental disorders. It is now accepted as a healthy fact.

Beautiful. A diagnostic and statistical analysis of the part of a human that helps define them as such. Sounds credible.

My financial adviser told me that I have "monetary dysphoria" because every time I look in my wallet I feel distress, anxiety and depression. Now would you please accept me into the financial world and re-define the banks for me?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
I still have a knee-jerk reaction towards young children being taught to question their sexuality as part of the new social justice agenda.

Well, I wouldn't exactly put it that way

I'd say its more of being aware, and teachers being trained to have the tools to handle a situation properly.

We know its real, and not made up as some would like to believe.

If children are open to "not everyone is the same", and teachers are trained, they will be more apt to accept something like this - - instead of freaking out like some of their parents.

That does not mean I am bigoted or transphobic.

No. I think it means you are willing to keep an open mind in accepting something that's a bit weird, but still real. It really is a bit weird. I don't think anyone is denying that.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: B14ckC47

originally posted by: ketsuko
Pretty soon people will be prosecuting nature for the very real bigotry of having approximately half of us be born with XX chromosomes while the other half are born with XY. I mean, clearly, those genetics are superfluous and just unnecessary discrimination by nature.

Actually that is incorrect. Your assessment of half suggests that a clean split (50/50) of humanity is either male or female. I am afraid that science is not on your side and that your belief throws intersex people who have XXY, XXXY, XX/XY, and other variations under the bus.

XX & XY - - is so Yesterday.

Some people are just stuck, ya know?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There's actually no such thing as a trans person. It's all just a guhv n ment brainwash psy opp. If it wasnt for tptb there would be no trans people. People would be normal.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Like most systems it is open to abuse but I would imagine safeguards have been put in place. I don't think most parents would casually sign a form based on a one-off whim of a 12 year old.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

They can be dealt with on a case to case base which is a lot healthier then just saying to the world "Here is a form and any time of the week you feel you need to change your sex in your passport feel free to do so".

I am pretty sure most parents would not do this on a whim with no medical support. Like most things it is open to abuse. A male friend of mine was brought up as a female by his mother because she wanted a girl. He fought back when he reached 7 years old. I would like to think that these tpes of cases, in this day and age, would be picked up by schools and authorities very quickly.

From what I have read this morning there were barriers that prevented changing one's identification papers due to Norwegian law. Psychiatric treatment and removal of sex organs was mandatory. Corrective surgery is not available to children so prior to this new law they were stuck with their birth sex.

I have looked at the 3 countries with similar legislation and cannot find anything significant in relation to these bills. I would think that academic research is underway.

Denmark Info

In June 2014, the Danish Parliament voted 59-52 to remove the requirement of diagnosis with a mental disorder and surgery with irreversible sterilization during the process of a legal sex change. This makes Denmark the first European country to remove the Gender Identity Disorder diagnosis as a necessary requirement in the gender recognition process.[24] Since September 1, 2014, Danes over 18 years old who wish to apply for a legal sex change can do so by stating that they want to change their documentation, followed by a six-month-long "reflection period" to confirm the request. However, receiving treatment is still very difficult, as many people are arbitrarily rejected, and non-binary people especially have a very hard time accessing hormonal treatment.[25][26]

From 1 January, 2017 people in Denmark with transgender gender identity, will no longer be treated as a mental disorder under Denmark Government policies. France has a similar policy since 2010.[27][28]

Malta Info

In April 2015, Malta became the first country in the world to outlaw sterilisation and invasive surgery on intersex people. Also applicants can change their gender identity documents by simply filing an affidavit with a notary, eliminating any requirement for medical gender reassignment procedures under the Gender Identity, Gender Expression And Sex Characteristics Act.

On 16 June 2015, Civil Liberties Minister Helena Dalli announced that the government plans to introduce the bill to ban sexual orientation or gender identity conversion therapy on minors.[73] On 15 December 2015, Dalli presented the bill for its first reading in Parliament. The public consultation of the bill was launched the same day and will last until 15 January 2016

Ireland Info

On 19 October 2007 Dr. Lydia Foy won her case in the High Court which ruled that the failure to allow her to obtain a new birth certificate recording her gender as female was in breach of her rights under the ECHR.[55] The Government appealed this decision but dropped its appeal in June 2010 and stated it would introduce legislation in the future.[56] A new Government took office in February 2011 and following the report of an advisory committee in July 2011, the Minister responsible announced that the Government would introduce gender recognition legislation as soon as possible.[57] No legislation had been introduced by February 2013 and Dr. Foy commenced new legal proceedings seeking to enforce the decision made by the High Court in 2007.[58][59] In June 2014, a gender recognition bill was announced and in September 2014, the government stated that it will be published by the end of the year.[60] The bill was introduced on 19 December 2014.[61] On 15 July 2015 the Gender Recognition Bill 2015 with major amendments passed both houses of the Oireachtas and the President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins signed the bill into law on 22 July 2015.[62][63][64] Ireland, Argentina, Denmark, Malta and Colombia have all removed medical criteria from the gender identity legal recognition process. This means there is no requirement for medical interventions or diagnosis of a mental disorder. The law came into effect on 8 September 2015

These are easily searched on Wikipedia using LGBT rights [county]

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: everyone

But what we are seeing here exploding out of nowhere is not acceptance of these differences and defects but Celebration of it.

Please do not mistake the genuine plight of these kids as part of the celebration agenda which is manufactured by the vindictive, bullying, sociopathic third wave feminists. They use transgender folk, along with other minority groups, as mere puppets to be used to forward their own selfish agenda. They are primarily responsible for the current mindset of body-policing and transantagonism.

Paranoia strikes you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join