It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still think we need "XY" and "XX" labels

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dragonridr

You are going to have to provide a link with the text of a law to show me what is going on in your head, because I don't think you have a clue what I'm talking about.

What's the law about bathrooms in your state? Can you provide me a link?

The only state to take kle the bathroom issue has been California the solution was they now require unisex bathrooms. Thus is why major retailors like Wal mart provide unisex bathrooms. The legal question that has not been decided in any state is if companies have to allow males to use females restrooms. No one has tackled this issue as far as history of separation laws started apearong on the books in the 1800s. Thus is why every state requires them I'm building codes. IN fact regulate how many are required dependent on occupancy females basically require more. As the wife tells me they are what's called public accomodation laws and set aside these facilities by gender. Even California was unwilling to change this so they now require unisex in all new constructions setting these aside for transgender.

Oh and currently 13 states are looking in to reaffirming gender based bathrooms and restrict transgender use. But I'm sure they will probably do the unisex compromise as well.
edit on 6/6/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not seeing anything that corresponds with your claim that California requires all bathrooms to be unisex. What I do see is that California has non-discrimination laws that includes protections for gender identity and allows transgender people to use the public restroom that corresponds with their identified gender:

Where are transgender and gender non-conforming Californians protected?

Discrimination against transgender and gender-nonconforming people is prohibited in virtually every area of life in California, including housing, employment, education, insurance, and public accommodations. This means that you cannot be fired for being transgender, that a land lord cannot evict you from your apartment for being transgender, that you cannot be forced to use a restroom that does not match your gender identity at a restaurant, and that doctors are not allowed to deny you treatment because you are transgender.

transgenderlawcenter.org...

Where you might be getting confused is where some city ordinances in California require all single stall restrooms to be non-gender specific. This does not apply to existing multi-stalled restrooms. No changes are required for multi-stall restrooms.

West Hollywood law requiring all single-stall restrooms in businesses and public places to be gender-neutral will go into effect this week.

The law, which will have no impact on multiple-stall restrooms, mandates that any facility designed for use by no more than one person not be restricted to a specific sex or gender identity by signage, design or installation of fixtures.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Common-sense moves by businesses make a lot more sense to me. If there's truly a demand by a reasonable amount of the population, that demand will be met - The best compromise I've seen? Unisex/Family bathrooms. Fathers can feel at ease if they feel they need to be outside their daughters stall - Stalled toilets for everyone, higher traffic = more safety, no one is discriminated against, nor privileged.

If the demand is not there.. We're all just talking about an issue that doesn't need to be talked about.
edit on 6-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Most.conservatives don't gaf about this issue they just don't want men who look like men using the same bathroom as their daughter.

Simple real simple.

Short of expensive karotype testing, how will you determine the chromosomes of the people using the restrooms?

If you're going to police restrooms, you need to have a way to "verify eligibility." Would you prefer that everyone in the country go through karotype testing ($700 per test x 320,000,000 Americans = approx $225 Billion) then divulge such private medical information to use the restroom, or will you stand by as random restroom security guards feel up your wife and daughter during "manual verification?"

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Chromosomes don't have opinions, or feelings, they won't take offense at being labeled. Only 1 in 1,666 are born as not XX and not XY

This would clear things up. Track events are those with XY chromosomes vs those with XY chromosomes, and XX vs XX.

Bathrooms are labeled accordingly as well - No one is being discriminated against at all. You can't "Feel" like your chromosomes are different than they are.

Only 1 in 1,666 are people we really need to be thinking about, how to accurately represent their differences, and it's not as if 100% of those people want us to cater to them specifically, hell, Jenner is about the only Trans I've actually heard of. They don't want more attention, more hatred, but the left just can't help themselves, can they? SJW's and "progressives" just need to make these people stand out - Even if it's at the cost of the security, livelihood, etc of these very people.

So, common sense? XX, XY - Help the 1 in 1,666 at most in their situations, but don't make it a public agenda to divide the masses.

You're welcome.

-Deadlyhope

If you've researched the "approx 1 in 1,666 prevalence statistic, surely you also know that approx 1 in 100 persons is born with bodies that are "variant" from standard male or female, and one or two per 1,000 children born receives genital normalization surgery.

What do you do with those that are "variant" through no fault of their own? What about XX men and XY women? What you're advocating is an absolute violation of these peoples right to privacy for the sake of appeasing your personal phobias.

Rather than look for ways to further divide us as a society, I hope that we can respect the rights of others and afford each other basic respect and courtesies.
edit on 7-6-2016 by ReprobateRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

You know I've partially changed my mind and this is where compromise comes in.

Men who look like men that take no effort to look like a female do not belong in the ladies restroom. Pretty much everyone agrees with this statement, and you can bring up "bathroom police" nonsense l you want but the fact is - the very anti discrimination legislation that some people want passed would have a lot of support if people would stop being obtuse about the male predator situations.

People are genuinely afraid of it, so instead of calling them stupid or fear mongerers, realize they have a true concern and that being assured their fears would not come to pass is the best way to convince them that these anti discrimination laws are okay, that they will not cause the harm they fear.

Kaylaluv has made some effort to share their own experiences and has given proof that these situations don't happen in the states where such legislation has been passed. Bearded men don't walk into girls as freely as people would have us think, and if they do? We still have every right to call the authorities - but we also need to realize predators don't just follow little girls in the first place, boys are at risk like they've always been - so overall bathrooms and public areas could just be made safer by having unisex and family bathrooms with full sized stalls and locks in the first place. But denying anti discrimination laws aren't getting us anywhere

And addressing the fear or bearded men following our daughters into bathrooms with ignorance and malice is also getting us no where.

The more we try to understand each other, the more we'll make progress. Progressive shouldn't be a partisan thing, no one party should own that word. it should be a mindset for everyone. Progress. Achievement. Collaboration.
edit on 7-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: deadlyhope

Common sense be damned!! The letters 'X' and 'Y' are offensive to me because I identify only with and as the letter S.

All signs must include an S for this to be acceptable to me and because my opinion is shared by only 0.0001% of the population I am even more extra special and can now expect multiple social privileges to be bestowed upon my ass.

If it doesn't have an S, I shall complain that I am being discriminated against, I will then sue someone and tell Facebook about it.

This thread really devolved into asshatery.

Maybe you should demand an A? Then it might fit........

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer
I'm guessing your talking about Turner Syndrome (when a human is born with just X) and Klinefelter syndrome (when a person is born with double X so they have XXY). Since it's the Y that you'd have to pay attention to when looking at most of the conditions you can single out the Y and base it off of that. Have a Y and you go to the current "male" bathroom no Y you go to the "women" bathroom.

The tricky one would be XXYY syndrome which is what it sounds like people born with XX and YY. But once again the Y seems to cause the child to be born with more male traits.

Most of the people born with the above syndromes and a few others I've not listed have other health problems. Once they can fix the above problems by giving them a normal XY or XX chromosome set. They've pretty much figured out how to change a person gender almost 100%.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I actually wrote a newer thread on the issue to reflect the thoughts gathered within this thread. I was ignorant of some of the facts of the issue and don't take a harsh stance against those that look, feel, act like the opposite gender. It looks like some people are being obtuse and still advocating for the bearded men in the ladies room, but that is not the typical desire of those desiring these anti-discrimination laws being passed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nobody should really care. When I use a public restroom I don't pay attention to the genitalia of others so if a woman transed isnto a dude and used the men's room I wouldn't know or care.

Legally a sex change makes you your chosen gender. Even in the prison system trans gendered people go with their new legal gender.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh look another thread of some peeps posting pics of Tg's to 'prove' their points!

Maybe we should start posting theirs.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hello there neo. I suppose you're a little late to the party as I've essentially withdrawn my original premise after being provided too much counter evidence to continue supporting my previous stance on the issues. You're free to express what you feel in my new thread, if not that's cool too!

See you around.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Hello there neo. I suppose you're a little late to the party as I've essentially withdrawn my original premise after being provided too much counter evidence to continue supporting my previous stance on the issues. You're free to express what you feel in my new thread, if not that's cool too!

See you around.

That wasn't directed at your op.

That was directed at the picture posters.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I do not agree with picture posters in most cases - one side says they fear big hairy men in the ladies room, the other side shows you guys with make up, breasts, the works. It's just a disconnect between the two sides honestly.

My new thread goes over this - liberals aren't advocating for bearded men to enter these rooms, and legislation passed to this day has not caused this to occur more often.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Metallicus

The world and universe are literally binary.

Positive and negative.

What about neutrons?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I knew someone that had Swyer Syndrome(XY female) and lived as a male.
He always felt male and refused hormone replacement therapy during adolescence.

He used the male restrooms and always used a stall.

He would never have been able to use the female restroom as he had a beard and was a body builder.

He had no problem with going to nude beaches.(where i met him)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Right, some will come here and think I'm hateful, or bashing on someone.

I'm honestly just using logic and statistics.

Wow. You really need a (new) hobby. Or maybe adopt a kitten or something. You've got waaaay too much time on your hands to 'logically' ponder non-existent problems.

Update: Just read the link to your new thread on this subject. MUCH better stance IMHO. Congrats! If you really want to protect your daughter, keep her away from frat parties.
edit on 9-6-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: add update

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Haha typically a rant is less about others being ignorant, more about myself being ignorant. I've definitely learned a lot in my rant threads over the years. Sometimes I will make a new thread outside of the rant area when I come to think differently than what I shown in the rant.

Thanks for coming by.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

edit on 6/11/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Apparently you didn't actually read through long enough to get to the follow-up thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Aww, I just looked at it and I apologize for the above attack, and that you are thinking your way though this. Really thinking.

I think the country is going through growing pains, and so must we all. Be well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join