It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still think we need "XY" and "XX" labels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dragonridr

1. Gyms are recognized as private clubs - not public accommodations, therefore they can legally restrict membership to whomever they want.

2. Are we okay with a woman walking into a public restroom and demanding everyone leave because she is uncomfortable going to the bathroom in front of anyone else?

Your point is silly since it wouldn't happen. But way to try to diffuse the argument. Would you be OK with a woman walking in to a bathroom and making aliens from mars to leave. You ask a dumb question irrelevant to the conversation. Question is simple do women have the right to expect to not have to expose themselves to any males if they choose not to. That is the real question and the answer decides what rights we believe women should have.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you. At the end of the day, this is really a Women Vs Trans debate.

More specifically, the right to privacy some women demand, that they feel this movement is taking away from them.

There is an irony here in that women are about to have to accomodate a lot of men who identify as females.

Women's lib( remember THAT?)...what a quaint notion these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

I tend to agree with you. At the end of the day, this is really a Women Vs Trans debate.

More specifically, the right to privacy some women demand, that they feel this movement is taking away from them.

There is an irony here in that women are about to have to accomodate a lot of men who identify as females.

There's also a religious slant many haven't considered. Women who wear burkas it's against their religion for any male besides their husband to see them in any state of undress. So do we have the right to tell them they can't use a rest room?
edit on 6/6/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's not a silly question. I know a woman personally who has a phobia of using public restrooms when there is anyone else in there. Does she have the right to demand all other women leave so she won't be uncomfortable? The answer to that question decides the rights women should have in public restrooms.

How is a woman exposing herself to males if a transgender female walks in? Would this woman be walking around outside the enclosed stall with her panties around her ankles?

Again this hasn't been an issue in the 18 states and over 200 cities that have allowed trans people use the restroom that fits their gender.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

i find it freaking hilarious that the sjw's logic is beginning to spin back around and smack them right in the face

what the hell do feminist have to say about it?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It's not a silly question. I know a woman personally who has a phobia of using public restrooms when there is anyone else in there. Does she have the right to demand all other women leave so she won't be uncomfortable? The answer to that question decides the rights women should have in public restrooms.

How is a woman exposing herself to males if a transgender female walks in? Would this woman be walking around outside the enclosed stall with her panties around her ankles?

Again this hasn't been an issue in the 18 states and over 200 cities that have allowed trans people use the restroom that fits their gender.

If it isn't an issue like you claim we wouldn't be discussing it would we? Again a false narative because you don't believe it's a problem. But again you nor I have the right to speak for all women and decide what they are comfortable with or what even there religion allows. As I said this issue is truly a woman's issue because frankly guys would never complain about a woman in the men's room. As far as your friend with there fears I guess her option is to overcome that or not. But this has nothing to do with the fact do women have a right to privacy In a bathroom. Is it reasonable or unreasonable for them to use a public restroom or shower without males being allowed. And if we decide they don't then we are excluding a group as well because of their religious beliefs. Do we as a society have the right to tell those women your religion is silly and you need to change religions because Islam is silly. Thus is the problem when you cater to minority groups and there wants eventually they collide.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yet I imagine you have more women with that phobia than there are tran's people.

Why cater to one numerically insignificant group and not another? Should the woman you know NOT be catered to and accomodated?

I'm not being argumentive here, hell, you could squat next to me at the urinal---and as a man, I will take a whiz almost anywhere if needed. But it IS something to consider, it always is, simply because the number of people who will be uncomfortable is only going to INCREASE.

Women with phobias, some women in general, some religious women, some mothers with daughters, and this isn't even accounting for any MEN that might give a damn....see the slippery slope here?

Why overlook those groups in favor of another? Seriously why disregard a larger number for a smaller number? I have never, ever understood that, other than some weird human trait to blindly pull for what society considers the 'underdog'.

Because nothing else really explains it.

edit on 6-6-2016 by Maverick1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

i find it freaking hilarious that the sjw's logic is beginning to spin back around and smack them right in the face

I know brother. It's absolutely insane. They roll back the expectations of one group to accomodate the new flavor-of-the-week. They always, always do that.

The question, the ONEquestion..is why?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Just wait for the law suits when companies allow transgender to use the female bathrooms and Islamic women sue. Mark my words it will happen and they will when as it's religious discrimination. We effectively taking away there right to use a public restroom. And the poor companies will be between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

18 states and over 200 cities already allow trans females to use the women's room, dude. There's gotta be some Muslim women in there somewhere. Got any evidence of lawsuits?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Maverick1

Just wait for the law suits when companies allow transgender to use the female bathrooms and Islamic women sue. Mark my words it will happen and they will when as it's religious discrimination. We effectively taking away there right to use a public restroom. And the poor companies will be between a rock and a hard place.

i love it when protected minority groups start getting at each others throats at least they wont be blaming white men for the worlds problems anymore.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Of course, there are the super radical feminists who don't like anyone who wasn't born with a vagina. But old school feminists, like Gloria Steinem, fully support trans women.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

im surprised your willing to admit that theres radical feminist. am i living in a dream?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Your wrong 18 states have said zero about trangender using a public restroom. What they have done is reaffirmed housing and employment rights do apply to them. In other words we can't desciminate against trangenders which I agree with 100 percent. And one state your claiming created a law allow g then to use bathrooms said they can seek state employment. In other words the state will allow them to apply for state jobs it says nothing on bathrooms in fact no state has tackled that issue and only a handful of municipalities. Your purposely misrepresenting g the facts through generalizarion. If transgender want to buy a house or get a job they have the same rights everyone else has.

The trick with the transgender bathroom issue is they are asking for a right no one else has. If as a society we say women shouldn't expect any privacy in public this applies to all. You allow transgender to use a female restroom this allows any male to use female restrooms unless we are creating special rights for them above all others.

My only issue with this is I don't believe any groups should receive special privileges at the expense of others. Women a are starting to realize they are on the losing end of this fight. Like the woman that resigned with the ACLU after she decided they are discriminating against women's rights.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Of course. There are nutjobs in any group. I myself am an old school feminist. I don't hate the penis.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No, YOU are wrong. 18 states and over 200 cities have non-discrimination laws that protect transgender people from discrimination in public accommodations - that includes places like public restrooms. Some of those laws protecting trans people have been in place for many years. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people have existed for a long time. Over 200 municipalities and 18 states have nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people’s access to facilities consistent with the gender they live every day. In some cases, these protections have been in place for decades. These laws have protected people from discrimination without creating harm. None of those jurisdictions have seen a rise in sexual violence or other public safety issues due to nondiscrimination laws. Assaulting another person in a restroom or changing room remains against the law in every single state. We operate and advocate for rape crisis centers and shelters all over the country, including in cities and states with non-discrimination protections for transgender people. Those protections have not weakened public safety or criminal laws, nor have they compromised their enforcement.

4vawa.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Common sense be damned!! The letters 'X' and 'Y' are offensive to me because I identify only with and as the letter S.

All signs must include an S for this to be acceptable to me and because my opinion is shared by only 0.0001% of the population I am even more extra special and can now expect multiple social privileges to be bestowed upon my ass.

If it doesn't have an S, I shall complain that I am being discriminated against, I will then sue someone and tell Facebook about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

penis.

you cant use that word its a micro aggression against women and transgenders because they either dont have or dont want one and thats not fair to them

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

No, YOU are wrong. 18 states and over 200 cities have non-discrimination laws that protect transgender people from discrimination in public accommodations - that includes places like public restrooms. Some of those laws protecting trans people have been in place for many years. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people have existed for a long time. Over 200 municipalities and 18 states have nondiscrimination laws protecting transgender people’s access to facilities consistent with the gender they live every day. In some cases, these protections have been in place for decades. These laws have protected people from discrimination without creating harm. None of those jurisdictions have seen a rise in sexual violence or other public safety issues due to nondiscrimination laws. Assaulting another person in a restroom or changing room remains against the law in every single state. We operate and advocate for rape crisis centers and shelters all over the country, including in cities and states with non-discrimination protections for transgender people. Those protections have not weakened public safety or criminal laws, nor have they compromised their enforcement.

4vawa.org...

Your wrong your confusing civic laws and gender laws. Two different catagories legally. For example I can't just walk around naked in public even if I identify myself as a nudist. There are laws in place in every state involving civics and yes bathroom use. None of these states have changed these as of yet. Partly because of the upheaval it will cause. Stars are smart with the exception of North Carolina who thought it was a good idea to reaffirm existing laws. Bone head maneuver of the decade. Since state law always supercedes municipalities them saying so in a bill was stupid.

By the way this is why the justice department only put out a recomendation. Because even they relize a state would need to change its laws and the federal government doesn't have the right to do that. So what do they do imply the states will lose federal funds. Every state agrees transgender have the same rights as the gay community but even a gay guy is supposed to use the men's room according to current laws. As I said we are giving special privileges to a group that has not existed before at the expense of females. Do we have the right to do that?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You are going to have to provide a link with the text of a law to show me what is going on in your head, because I don't think you have a clue what I'm talking about.

What's the law about bathrooms in your state? Can you provide me a link?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join