It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a CNC Job starting Monday, Quiting flooring installers job

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It gets hard when you have to fix mistakes and interpret what the issue is either material itself, the machine or cutters, program, or operator error. For instance depending on material variations in the material may benefit from the operator knowing when to slow or raise speeds by the sounds coming off the part and machine or change the cutting depths etc.

I seriously as a rookie watched a guy on the night shift load parts into a fidol and listened to them bang against the side when they split and fell out of the vacuum vice (also full of dust from careless work)

I kept thinking man start running every five or ten and see if the blanks are all bad. Instead he pumped through his shift and made 6 parts and three trash cans full of waste.

Running parts is easy. It's basic factory work.
Setting up the machine from specs or parts gets more complicated. Once they see you give a .... you'll get more responsibility.

One word of advice because your probably a hard worker, if you get approached for salary or manager positions be careful they don't work you 50 plus hours a week. I have been screwed out of overtime that way. Hey we need you how about salary a "manager" position. A of a sudden your filling in every slackers sick day but it's part of your salary.

Not that that's a given or anything just watch out for that kind of politics.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm in a small shop managed by the family who owns it.

Oh by small I mean on my shift there's about 15 machines running. Mostly mills.

My plan is to buy my own machine in a few years, I'm thinking 5 or so when I have enough experience.

Something small I can do part time sub contract work with and go from there
edit on 6/21/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Actually.I've noticed the varying degree of skill and knowledge from the people I've been training with. 2 people really know what their talking about on a different level.

edit on 6/21/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
where can i get a user manual for the operating system on the cnc equipment

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join