It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just because a person isn't situated to take full advantage of the system doesn't mean the system should then be artificially skewed to their favor, either.

I can readily admit that access to quality education and intellectual individuals is severely limited in urban and rural areas. The internet has improved this to a degree, certainly. But access and immersion are 2 different worlds. I take advantage of my connection to the outside world because it something that comes from inside me. Not everyone is this way, and most would likely benefit from immersion in a culture that valued intellectualism, and not just survival.

Now, the reasons behind the urban dynamic can be argued ad nauseum. But at the end of it, the result is that the playing field is not level, and not everyone has access to the toolkits that are needed to take advantage of what life in this great country has to offer.

But, like i said....that doesn't mean we should artificially alter that playing field to make it level, either. We'd likely be better served addressing the illness, not the symptom. And while we are at it, we can maybe improve some of the issues that affect rural people, too.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just believing one race has some sort of unfair advantage or privilege doesn't mean they actually have an unfair advantage or are beneficiaries of privilege.

You are right. It just means that they are racist. That is the text book definition.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The only racism to be concerned about is where a person with power uses skin colour to make a decision - like not giving a person a job because of their colour. When you use authority that you may have to negatively and unfairly influence another persons rights due to colour then THAT is textbook racism.

Trying to call a person a textbook racist because they think they may be a victim of prejudice is complete BS.

I think it's well past time to just stop throwing the word racist about as if it meant nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Racist or not, Donald Trump is not fit to be our President. He surely has a lot of supporters and even more haters! i wonder if he is the most hated presidential candidate of all time ?
edit on 10-6-2016 by tracy18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tracy18
Racist or not, Donald Trump is not fit to be our President. He surely has a lot of supporters and even more haters! i wonder if he is the most hated presidential candidate of all time ?

Neither is hillary or bernie sanders.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join