It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

“There’s growing internal dissent,” said NBC reporter Katy Tur on Morning Joe this morning. “Absolutely. And for the first time, I’m hearing inside the campaign, the same things that I’ve been hearing outside the campaign… I’m hearing aides say that this is extraordinarily frustrating to them, that they believe these are the sort of things that will end up sinking this campaign. The biggest hurdle right now is the candidate himself, because he says what he wants, no matter what they do behind the scenes.”

A cohesive, intelligent, committed and unified campaign staff is mandatory to a successful run for political office.
Is Trump so unaware of this fact, or is their another agenda in the works. Trump isn't stupid but he continues to alienate people that he needs to get elected.

Lots of Republicans teed off against their own presumptive presidential nominee over the weekend after Donald Trump claimed that Judge Gonzalo Curiel had an inherent conflict of interest in overseeing the Trump University case because of his Mexican heritage. And now it turns out that even members of Trump’s own campaign staff are reportedly fed up with Trump’s constant race-baiting on the campaign trail.

I acknowledge Trumps racism is attractive to a large segment of the population. From my perspective...Trump would have a much better chance at winning the WH with a message of strength in Unity.

If his staff bails; he can hire more people, but will there be enough cohesiveness to mount an effective campaign? Or at this point, does it even matter?

I've agreed that Trump has said STUPID sh**t. But just so we can clarify, I would like you to name or link or quote to ONE "Racist" thing Trump has said.

This is not a matter of opinion or interpretation.

Within the limits of the term "RACISM", I need you to provide proof of your assertion.

Here ya go.....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.marieclaire.co.uk...

www.vox.com...

want more....?

This is racists?

edit on 6-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If Donald Trump doesn't permanently get rid of his "reality show" mindset and start talking about ISSUES, he's doomed. You can't win without Latino and Black and Women votes!

It's so frustrating to be so close to having the perfect candidate in terms of drive, intellect, charisma, etc.. But that damn ego of his! grrrrr.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

...and we acknowledge that Trumps "racism" is largely a manufactured fantasy from those who have nothing else to strike at the man with alongside those who knee-jerk automatically, connecting any indication of nationalism with racism, even though America is the world's largest melting pot and, thus, American Nationalism cannot be racist.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

SO you want to replace the word "race" with "breeding"?

Amazing ... one really can't make stuff like this up.

#aghastandagape

Call it what it is. There are only breeds of humans. I guess you can't make that stuff up either eh? I guess breedism didn't sound sexy enough for the original PR people?

Cheers - Dave

So, you take exception to the term race because of the baggage it carries ... but prefer the term "breeds."

I would guess that it probably was rejected (except in say Eugenics Classrooms and Nazi Press Rooms) because it refers to animals (stock and pets) rather than humans.

But good on you for your honesty and bravery in speaking your mind!

#holysmokes

I take exception to the term race, because it as a false construct that implies the wrong meaning.

We all have our own thoughts on these subjects. You buy into the party line of "race" and I'll go with the alternative, breed. We can agree to disagree ;-) I did wonder at how long it would be before nazi's and eugenics were thrown around lol, the labels used when one runs out of real arguments.

Humans are all one species like dogs are all one species. Breeds of dogs can reproduce across all other dog breeds within their specie and humans can reproduce across all other human breeds within their specie.

Changing the words or creating new ones for PR purposes only changes the words, not the meaning. It is what it is...

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/6.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: paperdoll

How is it that what seems to be rude, sometimes abusive, half-truths is understood as "non-pandering" or "speaking one's mind"?

But, that is not what I'm saying makes him non-pandering, though. I find him non-pandering because he is not like the democrats who, in my opinion, spend a huge amount of their time and campaign, well, pandering to certain minorities. For instance, Sanders gives the impression that it is not the fault of African-Americans that they are the majority incarnated or over 50% unemployed. If this is the case, what is the plan? What is he going to do that will change those numbers? Whose fault is it? Is it society's fault? How so? This is pandering, imo. Trump doesn't do this. Therefore, I think he is non-pandering.

It's like the only way that politicians can talk about AA issues is if they constantly remind everyone that it's always someone else's fault. How will that ever work?

Women, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBT, college graduates, etc. make up most of the Democrat's political base.

They're not supposed to be interested or have a conversation with their base constituencies?

Trump has courted (rather ridiculously in my opinion ... remember "Two Corinthians" LOL) the Religious Right, White males, blue-collar workers etc.

Thanks for your answer, but I can't see your point.

I have no dog in this fight but what you are saying, if I understand you correctly, is that Trump should ignore the biggest demographic in the country to pay lip service to the groups you personally think deserve it.

How exactly does that kind of political strategy work?

You do NOT understand me correctly in any shape, form, fashion, means or scope.

I made a statement about the Democrats' political base. I mentioned a few specific groups that Donald J. Trump has "pandered" to. Indeed, I care not who Donald J. Trump caters to ... I merely pointed out that he does so in ludicrous and embarrassing ways.

Ok Wow. No need to be so defensive, the question was a valid one, jeez.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

No one is calling the right wing racist honey. Were just calling Donald racist . He's not the right wing. Or any part of the bird . He's just a racist .

Hilary is on tape making extremely offensive comments about blacks being a bunch of animals, and she frequently puts on her ghetto act when appearing in black-targeted venues.

Every single last one of these "people" are vile manipulators with no care whatsoever for the well being of the general population. Every single last one has a track record of abusing their positions and violating their duty to the American people. They are controllers. They are psychopaths. They will say, act, and do whatever they are told is necessary to gain and maintain more control.

Yet trump is the only one to draw the ire of the supposedly intellectually and spiritually elevated.

You guys are like a bunch of slaves arguing over who has the better master. Have fun with that. None of these cretins are your friends or deserve your defense.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where were these reporters for the last 8 years?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

.and we acknowledge that Trumps "racism" is largely a manufactured fantasy from those who have nothing else to strike at the man with alongside those who knee-jerk automatically,

It's all champagne and caviar until someone decides to run for potus.

Then the only thing out of their mouths is 'Trumps racist!'.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TheBulk

How many of these groups are advocates for illegal immigration?

Let me quote you:

"Are you really this dense or are you just playing dumb?"

The judge is not part of an organization that advocates for illegal immigration.

Indeed he is.

Meet The Pro-Illegal Immigrant Groups The La Raza Lawyers Of San Diego Consider Part Of Their ‘Community’

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wouldn't count on it. Careful now your acting Trumpesque with an overinflated sense of self worth.

I'm glad that you're admitting that Trump has an exaggerated sense of self-worth but that really doesn't have anything to do with me or with you spewing incoherent double-spaced garbage.

It's pretty obvious that you are in fact ignorant of the subjects you're trying so hard to speak about by the way you repeatedly respond to everything but what's important. I'm not much for coddling but I'll indulge you one last time.

Here's what you said:

And anyone who thinks those LAWS be enforced, and they get treated like my ancestors, other peoples ancestors. Is apparently asking too much.

Here's what I said:

The first immigration laws were enacted because of "Yellow Peril." "Yellow Peril" was the Asian version of the same GARBAGE that Trump is promoting now. There were no restrictions on European immigrants until 1921. Your argument seems to be that because xenophobes did something in the past that xenophobes today should do the same thing.

That is a FAIL.

You know, two wrongs don't make a right and all that? Trying to reframe it as an issue of "fairness" is frankly stupid and desperate. It's like saying that FDR put Japanese people in camps so every ethnic group should be put into camps. Are you that incapable of learning from the mistakes of history or are you saying that "Yellow Peril" was justified? That hatred of Italian immigrants was correct? How about the demonizing of Irish immigrants, was that good too? How about the long history of anti-Catholicism (which is intimately connected to both)? All of those were such defensible positions that we need more of that?

What do you have to say about that?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No, he isn't. He's a member of a lawyers association whose website has 20+ links to a variety of websites that might be of interest to people of the Hispanic community. That's not an affiliation, it's not an association, it's a friggin links sections.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's pretty obvious that you are in fact ignorant of the subjects you're trying so hard to speak about by the way you repeatedly respond to everything but what's important. I'm not much for coddling but I'll indulge you one last time.

I swear If I had a nickle every time for that personal attack I would be rich as Trump.

Such a shame attacking posters is against TC.

But hey thanks for wasting the thread space.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

How is it that what seems to be rude, sometimes abusive, half-truths is understood as "non-pandering" or "speaking one's mind"?

But, that is not what I'm saying makes him non-pandering, though. I find him non-pandering because he is not like the democrats who, in my opinion, spend a huge amount of their time and campaign, well, pandering to certain minorities. For instance, Sanders gives the impression that it is not the fault of African-Americans that they are the majority incarnated or over 50% unemployed. If this is the case, what is the plan? What is he going to do that will change those numbers? Whose fault is it? Is it society's fault? How so? This is pandering, imo. Trump doesn't do this. Therefore, I think he is non-pandering.

It's like the only way that politicians can talk about AA issues is if they constantly remind everyone that it's always someone else's fault. How will that ever work?

Women, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBT, college graduates, etc. make up most of the Democrat's political base.

They're not supposed to be interested or have a conversation with their base constituencies?

Trump has courted (rather ridiculously in my opinion ... remember "Two Corinthians" LOL) the Religious Right, White males, blue-collar workers etc.

Thanks for your answer, but I can't see your point.

I have no dog in this fight but what you are saying, if I understand you correctly, is that Trump should ignore the biggest demographic in the country to pay lip service to the groups you personally think deserve it.

How exactly does that kind of political strategy work?

You do NOT understand me correctly in any shape, form, fashion, means or scope.

I made a statement about the Democrats' political base. I mentioned a few specific groups that Donald J. Trump has "pandered" to. Indeed, I care not who Donald J. Trump caters to ... I merely pointed out that he does so in ludicrous and embarrassing ways.

Ok Wow. No need to be so defensive, the question was a valid one, jeez.

Meh.

Sorry if you are offended.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So, you know the judge in his case for Trump U? Well, it seems the Police Chief in San Jose is a member of the same La Raza group? You know, the one who told 250 police officers to stand down and not intervene. Wonder if we will find the Mayor is too. So, if you still think Trump is crazy and racist the dots are ALL there.

You see, he keeps pointing things out, there is a large MSM backlash and in the end he was right. If I was him I would also ask for the Judge to step down. I mean, if it is not a big deal why not step down, unless, you are moving forward to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am not offended, I am surprised. I took you for an intelligent person, you have proven yourself to be a biased, offensive, idiotic when it suits you sheep.

Well done.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I wish my teeth looked like theirs! (Except for Bill's)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wasting your breathe.

Round and round we go on the wheel of racist, and where we end up everyone already knows. Every spot on the wheel is labeled 'racist'.

Doesn't matter what we say. Their minds are clearly made up.

I think the doctors call it politico dysmorphia.

Funny part is ?

His critics were never going to vote for Trump to begin with, They would never vote for anyone with an R by their names.

In fact if there was an operation that could turn Trump supporters in to Trump critics ?

They would support it.
edit on 6-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

I am not offended, I am surprised. I took you for an intelligent person, you have proven yourself to be a biased, offensive, idiotic when it suits you sheep.

Well done.

Neither your opinion of me nor my opinion of you is on topic. You chose to completely restate my words and then when called on it, tried to pretend that you were only asking an honest question. (But you sound offended.)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No, he isn't. He's a member of a lawyers association whose website has 20+ links to a variety of websites that might be of interest to people of the Hispanic community. That's not an affiliation, it's not an association, it's a friggin links sections.

As La Raza lawyers they work to protect and defend illegal immigrants. Why the hell are you being so dense? This is a clear conflict of interests.
edit on 6-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

As La Raza lawyers they work to protect and defend illegal immigrants. Why the hell are you being so dense? This is a clear conflict of interests.

Because Trump critics are letting their own BIGOTRY cloud their sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join