It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:
(post by matafuchs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

Even Obama was worried and tried to put it into context as well as the WH Spokeperson.

www.youtube.com...

They thought it was racist as well.

Just like they say show in her work how she is...fair...not to the New Haven Fire Department

Look into the New Haven 20. She was an appealate judge then....

www.npr.org...

Yeah, She voted to deny 20 people including a Hispanic because the test was racist because no blacks passed...no agenda here...move along..move along...

Paul Ryan thinks the comments are racist.

Newt Gingrich thinks the comments are racist.

I, on the other hand, don't think Donald J. Trump's comments are technically racist.

I think the comments show Trump's prejudices, his poor judgment in representing himself to the American people, as well as a very self-centered (selfish?) and immature mentality.

He's running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Let the lawyers handle a standard request to recuse.

Instead, he makes a bone-headed comment about this American citizen who is not only a well-respected jurist but has bipartisan support like "he's a Mexican" and not only that, throws in a "Muslim" taunt just for kicks.

This would be fine down at the bar with the good ol' boys, amirite? *arm punch* *burp*

It's simply absurd behavior in a potential President speaking on the national stage.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

He did not throw in a Muslim Taunt. He was 'asked' in an interview if he thought that there could be prejudice from a Muslim judge and he said 'it's possible' .

You paraphrase as good as the HuffPost you know....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

He is a Mexican. I see, if Trump says it is it racist. What does the judge say? I am an Indianian?

He is an AMERICAN...wow..

No...We don't refer to black Americans as "Africans" either...Can you imagine a case before the SCOTUS where Justice Thomas is told to recuse himself because he is an "African"?????
That is not about being PC, that is about understanding what "American" means...which neither yourself or Trump apparently does.

All kinds of ugly going on here...Will be interesting to see how many of the Trump loyalists go down with the ship..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

He did not throw in a Muslim Taunt. He was 'asked' in an interview if he thought that there could be prejudice from a Muslim judge and he said 'it's possible' .

You paraphrase as good as the HuffPost you know....

Yes, faithful acolyte, ignore 90% of what I noted.

You sound like an evangelist or ol' time preacher ... "And then, ah, I just want you to know, ah, that Donald J. Trump can do no wrong, ah, regardless of what he says, ah, what he does, ah ... he is as BLAMELESS as a newborn lamb."

HALLELUYAH!

You don't have to paraphrase arguments ... you just ignore them.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The US government does refer to them as African American. There is also 2 or more races. So, unless you think the US government is racist not sure where you are going with this one.

I like how you used the left argument of Thomas.

Why would a person, anybody, NOT be able to call the judge a Mexican. You see, you cannot have it both ways. The judge does work for Latinos as a specialty, not other 'races'. I would think that would be racist. He thinks Latinos are better and more important since that is all he supports. He thinks them superior. That is the definition of racism.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You said you paraphrase. I was following suit. I am not an evangelical preacher. You know nothing about me except that I think I am voting Trump and you prejudice takes over. See how that works. Prejudice is the appetizer before full on racism.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

As Megan Kelly (of all people) pointed out last night..If an attorney or defendant demanded a judge recuse himself based on their ethnicity, they would be immediately sanctioned by the court.

All BS aside...the stunning thing here is that Trump does not have even a grade school understanding of separation of powers, is looking to exploit his political position as nominee to intimidate a Federal Judge and scuttle a private class action lawsuit against him...and the Judicial branch shudders at the notion of him as President....along with everyone else who has a modicum of understanding of the constitution.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

.... racism is about superiority.

Racism and superiority are not the same. Years ago I read an interesting article that pointed out that the problem is not racism. Anybody can be a racist, anybody may not want to live next door to someone, anybody may say that "all [ ] are [ ], have false ideas based on race. But you may not feel superior.

There's a lot of racism around, holding false beliefs about a group based on their race. The idea of race, however, is an outdated "scientific" idea really-- nowadays we have many false ideas based on ethnicity. I knew white Americans who did not want their children to marry another white from a different European ethnicity; I knew Asians whose parents did not want their children to date certain other Asians.

The problem is superiority. Superiority allows for systems to be put into place to assure that one group will dominate over another. Racism is holding beliefs, but it is superiority that makes for separation. Can racism lead to superiority? Yes.

Is Donald Trump racist? To me he is, the kind of older racist of my younger days who would refer to someone as "Pocahontas". Is he a white supremacist. That I don't know. I do know he would take anybody's money, a la the Trump University. But he certainly is attractive to those whites who feel they have lost/are losing their white supremacy control of the 1950s.
edit on 7-6-2016 by desert because: changed one word last sentence

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: olaru12

According to Trump supporters Trump has never said a single racist thing and absolutely does not cause chaos so these aides must be lying!

According to liberals and the media, EVERYTHING Trump says causes chaos, and is racist.

Are you actually closing your eyes and humming nanananana????

This isn't just Liberals...It's people who have been trying very hard to support him like Paul Ryan, Newt Gingrich et al. It's the actual leader of the GOP having to denounce Donald trump...it isn't just mainstream...it is both people like Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney as well as people like Glenn Beck, and right wing radio hosts...

It is just amazing the crazy retorts that start with "those liberals"...or the "establishment"...those calling trump on his BS span the political spectrum.

But it all starts with liberals, because their opinions are more important and take priority in the media and elsewhere.

And in the "your nominee might be a racist when" category...

Paul Ryan, GOP Leader of the House of Representatives describes Trumps comments as..""the textbook definition of a racist."
www.cnn.com...

Paul Ryan is not a true conservative so his comments are tripe. He was a custom installed turncoat establishment republican just like John Boehner. These people make backroom deals with their liberal counterparts and pass legislation in secret, the kinds that strip liberty and other crap their constituents are never told about beforehand..

So of course these phonies are going to say the same things about Trump as liberal democrats.

When everyone and their mother is talking trash about Trump is when it is time to VOTE FOR TRUMP..

Are you getting the picture yet???

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's amazing how the MSM and Trump haters (including all those Republican establishment politicians who have had to fall into line, now waiting to for the moment to attack) can offer such fake outrage. Got to laugh.

The judge is of Mexican heritage. Most Americans with Mexican heritage dislike Trump. At the latest estimate only about 10% of Mexicans will be voting for him. Given the judge wants to carry on a case without a plaintiff and so many legal professionals have said that the decisions he is making are odd, it seems totally reasonable to suggest that the judge is biased and can't do his job effectively when dealing with a Trump case BECAUSE of his Mexican heritage.

The judge should absolutely recuse himself. There is certainly concern that there is personal prejudice involved here on the judges part. We're not getting to hear about that are we?

edit on 7/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Well, maybe that is why you do not understand was racism is. There is a textbook definition like Ryan said..

Racism and superiority are not the same. The definition differs....The HuffPost supports Ryan but they are wrong also....

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Superior. You see, racism is as misconstrued as gender these days.

So, Ryan was wrong and sounds like a schmuck.

I guess the media should have used xenophobic instead of racist...as Homer would say...DOH!!!!!
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-07T17:14:47-05:000547 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Paul Ryan is not a true conservative

Jesus, I thought the RINO hunts were over. The Reagan revolution is still eating its own. Newt Gingrich, these are your children.

Who will be left? The smallest cadre of true believers? Bill Buckley, Jr..... you warned them and they did not listen.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's amazing how the MSM and Trump haters (including all those Republican establishment politicians who have had to fall into line, now waiting to for the moment to attack) can offer such fake outrage. Got to laugh.

Given the judge wants to carry on a case without a plaintiff

False

and so many legal professionals have said that the decisions he is making are odd,

False

The judge should absolutely recuse himself. There is certainly concern that there is personal prejudice involved here on the judges part. We're not getting to hear about that are we?

False...The Judiciary does not recuse themselves because of their faith, ethnicity or sex.

Clarence Thomas does not recuse himself in cases involving discrimination of African Americans
Ruth Bader Ginsberg does not recuse herself on cases involving pay equality or women's issues.
Justice John Roberts does not recuse himself as a Catholic ...nor would have Scalia...when Religious freedom issues concerning the Catholic church come before the court.

Defendants can't simply demand a new judge based on heritage, color, religion....

Holy crap people...do you really not understand America or the American Justice System?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Don't forget to include Glenn Beck in that "Republican establishment" nonsense...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Don't forget to include Glenn Beck in that "Republican establishment" nonsense...

I had tried to forget that psycho. Shame on you for reminding me he existed.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You said you paraphrase. I was following suit. I am not an evangelical preacher. You know nothing about me except that I think I am voting Trump and you prejudice takes over. See how that works. Prejudice is the appetizer before full on racism.

Right, but I know "you" and have read a lot of what "you" have to say, so, it's not really prejudice in this case, it's an opinion.

See ... prejudice is when you don't really know a person, like Trump last Friday about the judge "We think he's a Mexican."

I didn't say you are a preacher, I said you remind me of one. It doesn't matter what the topic, what evidence is presented, if it's anti-your-ideal-image-of-Donald-J-Trump you go after it like hidden sin.

I'm not surprised at all that you're "voting Trump." And I wish you well in it. Your right as an American!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

"Ve must have a purity of race, party and intenzion!"

I've heard something like that before ... hmmm....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Given the judge wants to carry on a case without a plaintiff

False

and so many legal professionals have said that the decisions he is making are odd,

False

False...The Judiciary does not recuse themselves because of their faith, ethnicity or sex.

Clarence Thomas does not recuse himself in cases involving discrimination of African Americans
Ruth Bader Ginsberg does not recuse herself on cases involving pay equality or women's issues.
Justice John Roberts does not recuse himself as a Catholic ...nor would have Scalia...when Religious freedom issues concerning the Catholic church come before the court.

Defendants can't simply demand a new judge based on heritage, color, religion....

Holy crap people...do you really not understand America or the American Justice System?

So what's the big hullabaloo about appointing judges to the SC?

You'll get a different view from a liberal judge than a conservative judge, right?

The judge is an activist and that can be a problem.

Btw, here is what Sotomayor said;

Sotomayor's nomination won praise from Democrats and liberals, and Democrats appeared to have sufficient votes to confirm her.[176] The strongest criticism of her nomination came from conservatives and some Republican senators regarding a line she had used in similar forms in a number of her speeches, particularly in a 2001 Berkeley Law lecture:[131][176]

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

[17] Sotomayor had made similar remarks in other speeches between 1994 and 2003, including one she submitted as part of her confirmation questionnaire for the Court of Appeals in 1998, but they had attracted little attention at the time.[177][178] The remark now became widely known.[179] The rhetoric quickly became inflamed, with radio commentator Rush Limbaugh and former Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich calling Sotomayor a "racist" (although the latter later backtracked from that claim),[180] while John Cornyn and other Republican senators denounced such attacks but said that Sotomayor's approach was troubling.[181][182] Backers of Sotomayor offered a variety of explanations in defense of the remark,[183] and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stated that Sotomayor's word choice in 2001 had been "poor".

[181] Sotomayor subsequently clarified her remark through Senate Judiciary Committee chair Patrick Leahy, saying that while life experience shapes who one is, "ultimately and completely" a judge follows the law regardless of personal background

.[184] Of her cases, the Second Circuit rulings in Ricci v. DeStefano received the most attention during the early nomination discussion,[185] motivated by the Republican desire to focus on the reverse racial discrimination aspect of the case.[179] In the midst of her confirmation process the Supreme Court overturned that ruling on June 29.[154] A third line of Republican attack against Sotomayor was based on her ruling in Maloney v. Cuomo and was motivated by gun ownership advocates concerned about her interpretation of Second Amendment rights.[179] Some of the fervor with which conservatives and Republicans viewed the Sotomayor nomination was due to their grievances over the history of federal judicial nomination battles going back to the 1987 Robert Bork Supreme Court nomination.[186]

She used the race and gender card saying she would be "better" than a white guy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I think the comments show Trump's prejudices, his poor judgment in representing himself to the American people, as well as a very self-centered (selfish?) and immature mentality.

He's running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Let the lawyers handle a standard request to recuse.

Instead, he makes a bone-headed comment about this American citizen who is not only a well-respected jurist but has bipartisan support like "he's a Mexican" and not only that, throws in a "Muslim" taunt just for kicks.
It's simply absurd behavior in a potential President speaking on the national stage.

Lordy, Jesus, yes!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join