It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay for your music, and keep paying...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I give it two weeks before the protection is cracked by someone. I don't really like MP3's myself. You can definately tell the difference compared to a CD. Of course, I prefer vinal, but I am an old fart. As far as movies goes, even with my fast internet connection, I am not going to sit around for a day to steal a movie when I can rent it for $5.00.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Too bad drunk isn't here to tell you about his problems buying music in Hong Kong. I should tell him there is a fine selection of Cantopop in Hong Kong...

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Of course, I prefer vinal,

Well... you've got to go all the way then... vinyl played through a good old vacuum tube amp!

Ahhh.... like fine single malt scotch... older is better.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
What... after all those free downloads of music, you thought they wouldn't do anything about it?

What after buying a billion albums with only two good songs on each one the record industry didn't think we'd jump at the chance to stick it to them for once?

Screw the lousy rip-off jerks. Very few albums have I bought with which I was satisfied. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the Cranberries.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ah, now don't get me started on single malt Scots Whisky! I am drinking one right now. Tasty and peaty. Too bad right now I sell eastern European liquors. Uh, they don't drink Scotch. They have fine vodkas and beers, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Freddie

Bizarre and synchronous.

I poured a Laphraoiag 2 minutes ago and sipped it, and there you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What after buying a billion albums with only two good songs on each one the record industry didn't think we'd jump at the chance to stick it to them for once? Posted by Thomas Crowne

AMEN!

How many billions have these scam artists made off of the consumer? For the first time in over 100 years, the consumers are on a level field with the record labels in terms of what the consumers want, and what the labels want to push down thier throats.

The labels are getting nervous at this loss of control. So they get interested in destroying the consumers right to choose and right to privacy.

Screw em, let em die in bankruptcy.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Off topic for a moment.

Freddie

You are a lawyer. You sell Eastern European liquors?
Do you find absinthe easy to get? Which ones?

On topic.

I didn't expect to see that from TC.

I have about 1500 mp3s, mostly stuff I will never be able to buy. And at last count 3200 CDs. I don't own a CD I don't like. And I don't condone my own piracy.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey dr

Remember the artist!!!!!!

Not all musicians are manufactured by record company execs.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have about 1500 mp3s, mostly stuff I will never be able to buy. Posted by Masked Avatar

Hell yeah, what about that? Music thats out of print by 20 years that you couldnt buy if you wanted to! And if you COULD find it, is it really worth $20 a CD like a new release????

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Off topic. Yes I am a lawyer, I am currently working for a distributor, though. Mainly Polish stuff, Okocim, Zyviets, Slovovitz, Pshenychna, Jazz, Pirat, Soomska, Zubr, Chernomor, etc. I do have an interview tomorrow for an insurance defense job. Wish me luck.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You know what, I am a capitalist, but I've had it up to here (hand held way over my head) with the record industry slapping together albums, relying on harried and pushed artists to make them a mint. I wish there was some way to deal directly with the artist, buy their "real" music and let the infernal record industry choke on the commercialized bull-hockey and 3rd-rate filler garbage that you know as well as I the artist is embarrassed by but has no control over because the label demands so many songs and demands them NOW!

I do not want to begrudge the artist a dime, but would get really violent really quick if able to find my way into an office of a label exec!

I love music, they don't. To them, its merely a way to rip money away from the consumer.

On the other hand, we now have the technology to buy the songs we want and leave the crap behind. If they were smart they'd capitalize on that.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Hey dr

Remember the artist!!!!!!

Not all musicians are manufactured by record company execs.

I totally understand that, and I am usually online shopping for the independents. I think that crap released by the labels are generally crap rolled out of a factory, and isnt worth the CD its printed on.

I also understand the musicians have to make money. I however do have a problem paying $18 a CD, and the artist getting a grand total of about $0.50 of that money....

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Freddie

Good luck!

I trust the role will encompass opportunities to see justice done, not just defending against claims per se.

Here's one:

"Claimant tripped over large receptacle of papers concerning late taxation matters after consuming one single malt scotch and discussing merits of music piracy and artistic rights on alternative discussion board. Sprained wrist. Company denies income protection claim."

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
And how many songs are listenable on that $18.00 cd? Three or four?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
And how many songs are listenable on that $18.00 cd? Three or four?

My point exactly!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
RIPN-Washington, DC-June 17, 2003
Senator Orin Hatch of Utah today made statements in a Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing that people who download copyrighted music should have their computers destroyed. In a surprise move Intel and AMD both quietly voiced support for the Senator's position.

Said an Intel spokesperson, "With lagging sales this could revitalize the computer industry." Imagine if only a small percentage of P2P users have their computers destroyed under Senator Hatch's plan, that could amount to millions of new computer sales. A short time later, Intel announced it's new processor line in development, the Pentium C4. AMD not to be outdone, announced the development of their new CPU the "Amatol."

Peter Wotcha, a Wall Street analyst for the brokerage firm of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe said, "This could be the saving grace for the computer industry ... Everyone has been looking for the next killer application, and no one ever considered the hardware before." Literally.

Within hours various other manufactuers jumped on the bandwagon. Lan Li has announced the development of a exposive proof case complete with Kevlar panels. Based in part on NASCAR racing technology used to prevent exploding engines from harming drivers, Lan Li expects the cases to sell quite well. L.L. Bean known for it's clothing line has announced they will be carrying kevlar Dockers as well as Kevlar socks.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well done! Did you write that yourself?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually lifted it from boycott-riaa.com, but thought it was appropriate.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sod down loading and all its all to technical for me and too complicated i'll jjust stick to buying C.D's

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join