It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the European Union allow the UK to leave?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is mostly speculative, I've been following this "Brexit" topic rather closely. While I'm an American, the wife is a British Citizen (American Permanent Resident) and her family all live in the UK, and we travel their at least twice yearly, so it's a topic that is of some concern for me.

I don't have any horse in the race. The wife is a outer, her dad is an inner and her family run the entire spectrum. This topic (to me) isn't as clear cut as the media would like to portray and is rather divisive even in households, as far as I've seen.

My question is two-fold,

1. Will the EU(or the UK Government) really allow a fair Brexit Vote if it becomes clear they will vote out?

2. Will the EU(or the UK Government) actually honor the vote if the UK Citizens vote to get out?

It seems the Brexit Movement is growing

edit on 6/6/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm a Brit who will be voting out!!

But no matter the results, we will never leave, this whole thing is just a bit of a circus to let the masses think they got a say in the matter

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Most likely not. I'd imagine a revote would occur to convince everyone to go the way they want, much like what happened with Ireland a few years back.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

In answer to point 1, it's already been fixed to a degree, what with the government pro remain pamphlets, the abundance of adverts on official websites and the bias of big media towards remain. I also think there is more to come in the form of postal vote fraud etc.

Point 2, www.bbc.co.uk... This shows there is already a move amongst those who want to stay to subvert the spirit of the referendum if not outright deny us.

There is no law that says the government has to vote for Brexit just because the people voted for it...So I guess we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They have no say, but I'm sure policy and procedure will be put in place that may make the Brits regret their decision.

But hopefully they don't, otherwise Putin is gonna take that Circus over.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't think they will be allowed to leave the EU. The PTB stacked the deck to make joining look favourable to the British people while buying off or extorting the politicians. Now the UK probably has something close to a 50/50 split on stay/leave. That is a recipe for civil war and I think we all know the PTB promote this kind of agenda to get their way and at the same time reduce population densities. The resulting confusion allows them to grab up more land and especially more power.

Whichever way it goes, half the people will be pissed off with the other half and conflict may ensue, in either case the EU has a high probability of coming out on top and reducing the UK to another land of serfs. The PTB have a very well thought out plan that involves capitulation, attrition or civil war

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I can see a lot in your post that has the ring of truth about it.

Hope to hell things don't turn out so bad, but you only have to look on ATS to see the disconnect between those wanting out and those not wanting out.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm a Brit and voting OUT.

See thread that has been running for the past 2 months for all the info you need.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ATS poll via this thread is running a approx. 60-70% Leave.

Also see Pollstation online Poll - www.pollstation.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

That's a scary thought... In reference to the UK leaving the EU, I really would like to hope and believe the voice of the people will be allowed to be heard and listened to.

It's that fear that you are correct of course, that has forced me to post this thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I believe we will vote to Leave. Many people I know and they know who never vote in elections are registering and voting in this one and are voting OUT. A high turn out will result in a Leave vote!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't know anyone who doesn't want to leave the EU. The EU will possibly fold if Britain leaves because of the huge contribution to their gravy train we Brits put in. Plus people look at what it costs us to be in and wonder what we really get out of it that we wouldn't have done ourselves, without waiting to get our money back in grants and then told what we can spend our money on. Not a win win situation!

The propaganda machine is churning 24/7 to try to persuade us to stay and Cameron is on overdrive - but no one likes or actually trusts what he says and all with any sense are wondering "What's i it for him and his hooray henry mates and queenie of course as they want to stay. Oh yes! the grants from the EU some of these huge land owners get out of the EU for putting things in like miles of solar panels instead of farming the land etc etc etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I really would like to hope and believe the voice of the people will be allowed to be heard and listened to.

Eventually of course you'll find it necessary to abandon such naivete.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
June 23? Right? It will be so funny, if GB leaves and nobody cares. I mean outside of your islands.

Journalism here sounds like nobody expects you'll stay in the EU.
But you sound like it will be continental Europe that will cause riots (it won't).

You do it to yourself, you do, that's what really hurts...
Can't wait.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If we vote leave than we'll leave , they can't stop us.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well if we do stay in the EU it can only be good news regrading another Scottish referendum. Might just give us enough wind in our sails pertaining to a YES vote next time around.......If there ever is a next time.
edit on 6-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'm voting leave on the 23rd, but I imagine forces bigger than national governments are at work behind the scenes to make sure we stay in.
My only hope is for an overwhelming percentage voting leave, with a high turnout. That would be hard to ignore.
I know, I'm a dreamer but hey.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm voting leave on the 23rd, but I imagine forces bigger than national governments are at work behind the scenes to make sure we stay in.
My only hope is for an overwhelming percentage voting leave, with a high turnout. That would be hard to ignore.
Some dreams come true!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Some dreams come true!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I am voting to stay myself. I have lived in other countries in Europe and have experience outside of the Islands and, after weighing all the issues that I believe are relevant and taking all of that into account, I can't see us benefitting more from leaving than staying.

That being said, if the UK public vote to leave, and that vote is in any way ignored, I will be the first in line with the absolutely massive protests that will take place.

If our votes mean anything, they must count, if not then time to change the system.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Im voting out too, i hope we really do leave, but like what was said by another ats member, with all the pro EU being forced down our necks and all the media being blasted with pro EU adverts the government is basicly telling us that their remaining no matter what.

But will the british sit by and allow this atrocity to happen, or will we take to the streets up and down the country and show a real show of force....i doubt it. But i hope we really do leave nevertheless. We need control of our boarders now, im sick of being told im racist for being against having more foreigners being allowed in my country.

Ive been called a racist bigot more times during this referendum than ANY OTHER time in my life!!! Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join