It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Making Headscarves Compulsory for Muslim Schoolgirls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com...I applaud this action is the most populated Muslim country in the world. 250 million people,96% muslim, and this governor is brave enough to say enough is enough. I sure he will be hated by all the hardliners in islam and will be verbally if not physically attacked for his positive actions.

Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama has banned public schools across the capital from forcing their female students to wear Islamic headscarves. Speaking in front of 1,700 principles from elementary to senior high schools across the city on Saturday (04/06), Ahok said it is not right to force public school students to wear headscarves—known as "jilbab" or "hijab", despite the fact that Muslims are the majority in most public schools in Indonesia

You may believe that headscarves will lead to salvation. I encourage you if you want to teach your students how to read the Koran. I will support you,b ut you can't force female children to wear headscarves. I won't argue it theologically, but please don't force children like that. I don't want children to treat headscarves like napkins. The second a student leaves the school ground and hop on her dad's motorcycle she would take the headscarf off. If you teach children that headscarves are part of the virtues of being a good Muslim, they will wear it. They will wear it with respect. Not wear it in school and take it off when they get home.
I'm sure private muslim schools in America and across the western world make it compulsory to wear the hijib. "Freedom of choice" should be taught in all schools.
edit on 6-6-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
One needs to read what he said very very carefully, by removing the law thats its Compusery means that all women and children not wearing headscarves can be seen as disrespecting islam and there fore can be attacked. So what he is doing is infact forcing people to wear headscarves. Never trust when dealing with islam

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

im sure headscarfs are worn when hitting pubity, anyone less in age does not need one, even in islam

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
One needs to read what he said very very carefully, by removing the law thats its Compusery means that all women and children not wearing headscarves can be seen as disrespecting islam and there fore can be attacked. So what he is doing is infact forcing people to wear headscarves. Never trust when dealing with islam

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all month.

So he's saying that, so that they can actually attack and murder girls and children?

And out of fear of that, they will then wear head scarfs?

It's amazing what prejudice and ignorance can make people say.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Fairly emotional. He has a very valid point. He is giving an illusion of choice.choosing to not wear the headscarf would result in a backlash, so indirectly they would wear it out of fear/acceptance/social cohesion. ...whatever term you may wish to use.

No child would put themselves in that position. If they didn't believe in islam they would still wear it to avoid being ostracised.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

by removing the law thats its Compusery
NO you are wrong, there is NO law on wearing a hijab in Indonesian schools and it was not mentioned in the cloud. The decision is made by the school/teachers, that's why the Governor was speaking to teachers, and not government or religious groups. It appears you used my word "Compulsory" in my final comments of the OP. You have not read the full post, cheers...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I get what you are saying about freedom of choice, and for the USA I believe the public schools do, its the private schools that have more leeway with making their own rules. However, those schools are private and have the right to set the rules they like, to a certain extent, and if you (not you specifically) don't like it, you have the option of going to a public school or a different private school. However, public schools yes, should allow freedom of choice, as it pertains to the country I live in. I can't really speak for others.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all month
Yes, he has lost the plot on this post, and did NO read it fully, only assumed....

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think the whole idea of wearing a headscarf is completely ridiculous anyway. I mean heaven forbid another man laid eyes on my wife, now i must beat her and publicly shame her because another man has seen the face of my wife!!

The whole religion is barbaric and has complete control of a womans life, and those that follow the religion are raised to either be complete control freaks (males) or completely in fear and submissive to all (females). Children are brainwashed from a very young age to learn that this is acceptable and gods way of life.

And people really think that all these foreigners that follow this faith will change their ways, adopt western civilisation, be peaceful and fit well into our culture and society??

Hahahaha people need to wake up!!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

There are far more moderate Muslims than there are extremist ones.

Do you ever fault the Pentecostal Christians for making their women wear dresses and never ever cut their hair? Same kind of control that you are railing against here.

and that's entirely part of 'Western civilisation'.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Have you thought about possibly taking a break from all the media propaganda and brainwashing?

Take some deep breaths.

In with good air, out with the bad.

edit on 6-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Their is an estimated 500 million followers of the pentecostal christianity denomination out of 2 billion christians world wide, thats quarter of christianity that follow this beleif.

Im not saying its right because it isnt, having control of anyone is against peoples human rights. Its sick and shouldn't be allowed, people should be able to practice whatever faith they choose freely without having to be dominated by the males of their faith.

Their is an estimated 1.6 billion muslims worldwide which is just over 3 times greater than pentecostal christians. It is an ever far more reaching and more strict faith than pentecostal christianity too.

I was just pointing it out because islam is far stricter and brutal than christianity in this day an age. Im not debating the past or future, but what is happening in our own time.
edit on 6 6 2016 by ParanoidCovKid because: Missed a word

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Now, if we can only get Catholic schools to change their oppressive dress code.

What a happier world it would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
"I sure he will be hated by all the hardliners in islam and will be verbally if not physically attacked for his positive actions."

But wait, I thought Islam was the religion of peace??

Man, was I waaaaaaaay off....
edit on 6-6-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It is the same illusion of choice that we have about many things in the social justice network here in the states. But if you step outside the bounds of what the SJW network considers proper, then a social sh!tstorm can come down on your head, you can be fired, etc.

This is the same idea.

The law won't force these girls to wear their headscarves, but societal pressure will because they will have been taught what "proper" Muslims do. If they have been taught what proper Muslims do (just like we all get taught what "polite" people will and will not say and language we will and will not use), then any social consequences are on their heads. After all, they knew better ... Right?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now, if we can only get Catholic schools to change their oppressive dress code.

What a happier world it would be.

A uniform code is hardly unique to Catholic schools. A lot of just plain schools are going uniform these days, particularly in urban areas, in an attempt to cut out wearing colors.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

There are far more moderate Muslims than there are extremist ones.

Do you ever fault the Pentecostal Christians for making their women wear dresses and never ever cut their hair? Same kind of control that you are railing against here.

and that's entirely part of 'Western civilisation'.

~Tenth

Show me where Pentecostals have laws against apostasy that can include execution.

Granted some sects do have shunning, but at least they won't kill you when you leave.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A uniform code is hardly unique to Catholic schools

So who cares about some scarves?

Oh right, its Muslim schools.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ketsuko

A uniform code is hardly unique to Catholic schools

So who cares about some scarves?

Oh right, its Muslim schools.

I don't actually. They will do what they will do. Now if the only option to parents is Muslim schools and there are parents who would like to have another option, I would care more. I would assume if I was sending my kid to a Muslim school, then I would have to follow their dress code.

But then, I send my own kid a dress code school so this is a whatever. Read my comments, and you'll find that I am disagreeing over another matter than whether or not the school should have a headscarf as dress code.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Thanks Donald.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join