It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 40 Years, this-Russian family was cut off from all human contact unaware of world war 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga

It was an astounding discovery. The mountain was more than 150 miles from the nearest settlement, in a spot that had never been explored. The Soviet authorities had no records of anyone living in the district.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Please read the story in the above source.

After reading this story I felt sad for this family and their desperation on surviving with only the clothes on their backs and a few pots and pans.

However this family proved something very important, they survived the test of time and some of the worst weather condition, 6,000 feet up into the mountains.

I also believe their Religion was a life saver for them as well.

The question I am asking is, could you and your family survive alone out into the wilderness without a gun or bow and arrows?

edit on 5-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Been posted, but always a good reminder to the masses when a story like this is out there...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Thanks,
I did run the title under ATS search engine and it came back empty for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Even many poor people in the world believe they have it bad, it is by no comparison to what this Russian family went though.

Just to prove how luck most of us are.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

good article I had a cynic moment when i read they brought gifts for their new friends and checked their pistols before leaving, in the next second the writer of the article addresses the geology team surveying for minerals as the intruders. Holy #!

Awesome story, I am still kind of cynical about that sentance though but I read the article twice because it was very interesting. Very sad towards the end though. Thanks for posting!
edit on 6-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Even many poor people in the world believe they have it bad, it is by no comparison to what this Russian family went though.

Just to prove how luck most of us are.

I believe the father chose to go into the wilderness for religious freedom reasons.

Been awhile since I read it. But, it was their choice (at least the father's choice).

Documentary of daughter Agafia: topdocumentaryfilms.com...
edit on 6-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The question I am asking is, could you and your family survive alone out into the wilderness without a gun or bow and arrows?

if yo uare born into that situation then you are none the wiser and i reckon survial insticts are at the forefront of your mind al the time. For people living in the days society would have a different mind set and used to having everythign at convience so they can spend time in the mirror looking like a tart off TV.

so no, i dont think many would survie if put into that siutation. if you throw somene else in who already lives like this maybe in Alaska and living off the fat of the land- then yes no problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Even many poor people in the world believe they have it bad, it is by no comparison to what this Russian family went though. Just to prove how luck most of us are.

i bet these peopel where happier and lovign life and more appreciateive of everything more than a poor person.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Especially in western nations. Where many considered poor have cars and smartphones.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I also believe their Religion was a life saver for them as well.

Apparently the reason they were so far out in the forest as well.

When approached by the team, one girl said of the outsiders friendly attempt to establish contact with the family "This is for our sins".

Sounds like a rural "Flowers in the Attic" situation.

The patriarch of the family was obviously misusing his authority.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Sounds like a rural "Flowers in the Attic" situation.

I had to think for a minute, why "Flowers in the Attic" was familiar.

Love V C Andrews books, I read all of them back in the 1980's.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

The patriarch of the family was obviously misusing his authority.

When you read more on the story or look into the follow up, one of the Geologists later went back to live next to Agafia it doesn't appear that way.

This was an ultra-orthodox or ultra-fundamentalist sect of religious believers. So even back in the day they probably would've had some pretty extreme views. And no matter whether it was a patriarch or matriarch running the family I presume they all would've acted/felt the same way.

Apparently the old man castigated himself just as much as the kids did when they saw TV in the camps and watched for a brief flash. So it really appears the self loathing is more just a facet of the culture/religious beliefs more than anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

S&F for a really interesting topic! Reading later, posting now to keep track. Amazing, that the could make it so long alone.

new topics

top topics

join