It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippine President-elect Urges Public to Kill Drug Dealers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

In a nationally televised speech late Saturday, Rodrigo Duterte told a huge crowd in the southern city of Davao that Filipinos who help him battle crime will be rewarded.

"Please feel free to call us, the police, or do it yourself if you have the gun — you have my support," Duterte said, warning of an extensive illegal drug trade that involves even the country's police.

If a drug dealer resists arrest or refuses to be brought to a police station and threatens a citizen with a gun or a knife, "you can kill him," Duterte said. "Shoot him and I'll give you a medal."

The 71-year-old Duterte won the May 9 presidential election on a bold promise to end crime and corruption within six months of the start of his presidency. That vow resonated among crime-weary Filipinos, though police officials considered it campaign rhetoric that was impossible to accomplish.

Well this man is definitely the definition of the Wild West. Here are some of the things he said which I found in another thread by skywatcher44

MANILA: Philippine presidential favourite Rodrigo Duterte vowed to forget human rights if he wins Monday's election and "butcher" criminals, in a typically savage tirade to end an explosive campaign. Duterte, who has hypnotised millions of voters with his promises to eradicate crime and corruption, repeatedly warned tens of thousands of fans in Manila on Saturday (May 7) night that there would be mass killings under his presidency. "Forget the laws on human rights," said Duterte, as he boasted of killing criminals during his more than two decades as mayor of the southern city of Davao. "If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men and do-nothings, you better go out. Because as the mayor, I'd kill you."

Well this guy means business I guess. Maybe the Mayor of Chicago should take a lesson from this mans book??? I bet the solution to many drug users though would simply be to legalize all drugs.

Where does this anger come from to want to kill criminals?? Probably from years and years of having to deal with gangs and drug users accidentally and intentionally killing innocent people, oh whaddaya know just like Chicago.

I am saying it, it is time for a Fallujah style assault on parts of Chicago, the city with the largest population of gang members where criminals literally not only rule entire neighborhoods, but make up the entire population. More than the FARC of Colombia and een more members tha Hezbollah, and all concentrated in one metropolis with some of the strictest gun control in the country.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Why do you keep talking about Chicago? Your article is about the president of the Philippines. Obviously we don't incite our citizens to murder others or perform military assaults on our own population. We're not the Khmer Rouge ffs. Then you went into a whole gun control thing. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I will tell you, I have traveled to the Phil many times. He is the Mayor of Davao City. This city was the only place that people obeyed laws and stoplights, yes he put stoplights in Davao City.

The city is clean and I felt safe there. Traveling to North Luzon people are more wild like a pack of dogs. Not mean people but some did not care. In Davao City people were not as wild.

I was 150 miles north west of Manila for a month, a cop in a small town asked me for a gift. I said ok what do you want? He said a fifth of thundor rum. Ok I got it for him, lol. One hour later he was passed out on bench with gun out.

Now this would never happen in Davao City.
edit on 6 5 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I lived on the same Island as Davao in Mindanano and it's definitely dangerous to be a foreigner there but Davao is one of the only real safe places that has zero tolerance and it's because of Duterte.
A business woman was kidnapped in Manila and fooled the abductors into taking her to Davao as she said all her money was in a bank there but somehow got the message out she had been kidnapped when entering the bank so the Police came and wiped them all off the face of the Earth freeing the woman.
Davao was the only place she trusted that the Police would do their jobs apparently but Duterte's message is clear

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So a jealous wife knows hubby is cheating. She buys a gun and a few ounces of pot and waits. She catches hubby with a piece of fluff after a romp in the hotel room and out in the parking lot, blows them both away and plants the drugs and little money. Then she calls the police and gets a medal. Is that how this could work?

Somebody's not thinking lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Or it could go like this "tattoo thugs who congregate at the corner everyday selling dope to drivers who pull up. They see a scared guy so they rob him instead of selling the drugs, like happens everyday in their neighborhood. The family on the block has a stray bullet hit their house for the last time. So out comes poppa with his AK and sends them all to hell, where they deserve to be."

See thats how it would mostly work. But if you are worried about your wife setting you up as a dead drug dealer, maybe stop cheating on her.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

"If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men and do-nothings, you better go out. Because as the mayor, I'd kill you."

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

Steppewolf lyrics

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am typing this as I try to figure out how to get my wife and boys out of the Philippines.

Please remember that roughly 40% to 50% of “death squad killings” are innocent, bystanders, saw the executioner, line of fire, street children, etc. And many times evidence only surfaces after the crime, or it was personal.

Quantum12 and southbeach

”Jaypee Larosa (20) left his home in Lanang, a quiet residential neighborhood in Davao City, to go to a nearby Internet cafe.” (my edit) Eyewitnesses said that Jaypee Larosa had been shot by three men in dark jackets who had arrived on a motorcycle. After they shot him, one of them removed the baseball cap Larosa was wearing and said, “Son of a bitch. This is not the one,” and they immediately left the scene

Original Source
Original Source
Safe yes, you never knew if you could be on the list

bobs_uruncle Has happened in Davao already.

And I know what I am talking about as I have lived in the PI for many years (15+), I am married to a Filipina, have two children with her, own a house, and had planned to retire there. Not anymore. Aside from his statements and death squad mentality he plans on giving up most of the current president's economics and policies. Including giving China what they want the South China Sea. He has also said reporters are also a target. Cursed the Pope and church, the PI is mainly Catholic of course.

Duterte also hates America and Americans! My wife called me (I am currently working stateside on a long term contracted project.) and told me that many Americans are leaving as soon as possible, with their family’s. She said she had been told that the consulate is quietly advising it will probably be a good idea to leave for a time. For multiple reasons she swore she would never travel or live stateside again, the call was to tell me that she thinks she and the boys need to get out NOW! So I am now going crazy trying to figure out how to get them out and how we are going to make it as all our assets are tied up in the PI and else where overseas.

I don't want my boys to be on the ground dead because they went to the store for mom and they are “Son of a bitch. This is not the one,”
edit on 5/6/2016 by LamontCranston because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yeah, WOW! This certainly opens a HUGE can of bloodthirsty worms for other cities/countries to model themselves after. I can think of a few places it would be welcomed in not only by its citizens, but for tourists as well. Bu uuu uu ut, not so much in the States. I have a very good and colorful imagination and can just picture the results in, say...LA, NYC, Detroit, Chicago, Texas (period!), NO. Not to mention taking in and acting on the implications of a movie like "Purge". It's downright scary to say the very least. It will be an interesting venue to keep an eye on in coming months.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

”Jaypee Larosa (20) left his home in Lanang, a quiet residential neighborhood in Davao City, to go to a nearby Internet cafe.” (my edit) Eyewitnesses said that Jaypee Larosa had been shot by three men in dark jackets who had arrived on a motorcycle. After they shot him, one of them removed the baseball cap Larosa was wearing and said, “Son of a bitch. This is not the one,” and they immediately left the scene

Not saying that i agree with death squads even if the people are guilty it should be done within the justice system not vigilantes but that's what happens when law enforcement is not law enforcement but lines it's own pockets with kickbacks instead of upholding the law.
Duterte needs to crack down on Government corruption first and bent Politicians that have people kidnapped to get campaign funds and then come in as the saviour by getting them released after the payment is made.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

so much for ` due process `

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So that means we should be shooting our Doctors or our Pharmacists or both???

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Nice of you to assume I cheat on my wife lol since I was just looking at a hypothetical situation. Might have considered it 20 or 30 years ago.

I certainly see your point however. One of the reasons I left south Africa was because of the escalating drugs, violence and of course the HIV. The police are as corrupt as hell there as well, but then so is the government. Oh wait, that's pretty much everywhere.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/6.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Eh, well it was more so a general retort to the example, my bad.

a reply to: mOjOm

yea yea yea, and the lawyers and bankers too

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Oh ya, this guy is a bit of a winner..www.washingtonpost.com... es-he-had-been-first/

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I will tell you, I have traveled to the Phil many times. He is the Mayor of Davao City. This city was the only place that people obeyed laws and stoplights, yes he put stoplights in Davao City.

The city is clean and I felt safe there. Traveling to North Luzon people are more wild like a pack of dogs. Not mean people but some did not care. In Davao City people were not as wild.

I was 150 miles north west of Manila for a month, a cop in a small town asked me for a gift. I said ok what do you want? He said a fifth of thundor rum. Ok I got it for him, lol. One hour later he was passed out on bench with gun out.

Now this would never happen in Davao City.

I was down there, in Caloocan City, in jan and my local friends wouldn't let me walk across the street to a 7/11 alone, 20yds away!

I saw some weird stuff with cops and guns at toll booths leaving the city. lol!

They were just up here last week and I asked my friend what she thought of Duterte and she said he was great.

Might be going to Palawan at the end of July. I like the Philippines, fantastic areas, I have many friends from there and it's a shame for it to be so dangerous.

edit on 6 6 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm an American living not too far from Davao City and I have no problem with Duturte. Crime is a big problem here especially stealing of property and small time robbery. I instantly feel safer now that he's President. Because being an American its like I have a target on my back by Filipinos. I've been scammed or attempted to be scammed almost on a daily basis. Those kind of people won't continue their ways under him .

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

Sorry, but I just don't believe anything you said. Duterte doesn't hate Americans. Where did that come from?

I haven't heard of any mass leaving by Americans. Where did that come from?

How does a consulate (I assume you mean Cebu) quietly inform citizens to leave? Why would they? Where did that come from?

I live on Mindanao and lived in Davao for a while. I just don't have any idea why any of what you said would be true.

Here, last month, a gang leader was "taken out." I could possibly see a risk for a foreigner if they were hanging out with the wrong people at 2am, but for a non criminal I just don't see the risk.

Do bad things happen sometimes to good people? Yes. Everywhere, though.

Was this info possibly some of the propaganda going around about Duterte before the election? I, nor my Filipina wife, had heard about any of what you said.

Where did it all come from?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The actions of criminals effect all people... if your crime is in any way endangering other people's lives, willfully or passively, you have, regardless of origin of country, no right to live. Final.

Mind you... not talking kids who steal a chocolate bar in the local store. I'm clearly speaking about gang members, drug dealers, rapists, murderers and people who drive while intoxicated.
edit on 6/6/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I love Davao, I was traveling in to a friends house inland, there was a roadblock. I stopped and they looked in the SUV, with guns in hand they said your American. I said yes, be careful we have a terrorist alert. Let us go. They were very nice.

I spent 30 days in pangasinan, north Luzon, had a great time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join