It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusions of the far left and moral relativism....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I truly believe there is an agenda to socially engineer a society of moral relativism. An agenda where natural laws are invert as an attack on the ultimate universal intelligent force that governs the laws of physics and is the life force/ energy competent of our awareness, consciousness and existence. What the people behind this agenda believe and why they are doing it is beyond me.

I also truly believe that right now there is a massive attack on the hero archetype to suppress dissent as I've discussed in previous threads.

The Archetypal Hero

The archetypal hero appears in all religions, mythologies, and epics of the world. He is an expression of our personal and collective unconscious, as theorized by Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell (see below). All archetypal heroes share certain characteristics. This fact has only come to light this century, after people like Joseph Campbell began comparing mythologies of the world. Click on a link to see how the heroes above fit the traits of a hero.

There is currently an agenda to oppress this type of archetype deep within the subconscious mind as this is the archetype of rebellion and masculinity, the archetype of leaders. They are doing this by using the liberal mindset of sensitivity, everybody wins, there is no difference between men and women, under the guise of equality and now they are using transgenders and gays. This has obviously become a hot topic in the modern world and this is exactly why.

Now let's take a look at what a social construct is..

Social Construct

In the domain of social constructionist thought, a social construct is an idea or notion that appears to be natural and obvious to people who accept it but may or may not represent reality, so it remains largely an invention or artifice of a given society.

From this I can extrapolate that a social construct is essentially a made up set of laws meant to govern culture and social interactions.

Now we need to ask ourselves... what does this have to do with moral relativism and the attack on the hero archetype?

Socrates Meets a Moral Reletivist

This video is hard to watch but it's worth it. In the video you will see them talk about how the belief in objective truth can lead to feelings of guilt and shame. IE being transgender, or any other minority group that doesn't fit into the modern left vs right paradigm and any group who "feels" left out.

He then goes onto to say...

If you put your hand near a burner on an oven will you feel pain? What will you do?

Response - I will pull my hand away..

He then goes on to suggest that morality exist in a similar objective manner.

The analogy is referring to a question of moral responsibility and weather or not this exist objectively of moral relativism or weather or not this is a social construct, intangible.

In my opinion there is a delicate balance to moral objectivity and moral relativism and social constructs.

Now this leaves me with a few questions....

Where do we draw the line with social constructs and morality?

If something is rude, why is it rude and does that exist objectively or is it an intangible social construct?

Is male and female an idea and how much of a roll does biology play and where do we draw the line with reality and delusion?

Is respect an idea, a social construct or a morally objective idea that universally applies to everyone within the same sphere of understanding?

Do these issues and other issues like it exist cross culturally or are they issues that only exist within certain cultures?

How do we begin to define reality and delusion without moral objectivity?

Thanks for reading!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Conservative ATS loves threads like these. You will be awarded with many stars and flags!

Stay conservative ATS, stay classy.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Being honest up until very recently (last few months) i believed all this talk about social constructs and a concerted agenda to mess with peoples moral/ethical leanings was just paranoid nonsense, im now convinced there is some worldwide agenda in play that, for want of a better term, is trying to turn the world into snowflakes.

Ok so now what do we do?
How do we combat this?

Im genuinely concerned about the world our children are going to grow up in

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Being honest up until very recently (last few months) i believed all this talk about social constructs and a concerted agenda to mess with peoples moral/ethical leanings was just paranoid nonsense, im now convinced there is some worldwide agenda in play that, for want of a better term, is trying to turn the world into snowflakes.

Ok so now what do we do?
How do we combat this?

Im genuinely concerned about the world our children are going to grow up in

I as well didn't believe it either. I have been somewhat liberal in my politosphere until the last few months.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Who are your heroes, Swill? As in comic book heroes.

STM

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And hopefully your well thought out and constructive response gets plenty of stars as well

If you disagree with the OPs premise how about mentioning why and starting some intelligent debate?

From where im sitting you come across as someone who is already under the spell of exactly what the OP is talking about
edit on 5/6/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

*sigh*

I gave a detailed response in the 404'd thread which is now gone. I don't have the energy to address the fallacy of calling out the left when you have missed how values of current "conservatives" are the enemy of the Hero Archetype.

Oh well. It obviously made no difference to you, as nothing has changed.

Except the venue.

= AB

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I didn't mention conservatives at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread, the hero archetype appears everywhere. It doesn't belong to an ideology, a culture, a race, a sexuality, a sex, a gender or even a species (dogs are quite heroic). I don't think anyone has an agenda to suppress the hero archetype and to suggest an ideology does, is just hateful.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Talking about the hero archetype in men and how it relates to rebellion and leadership.

Everything is hate or bigotry with you give it a rest.

link   

So you've simply omitted them and chosen to put "liberals" on the hot seat? Why?

+6 more 
link   

Because the far left is pushing the agenda the conservative movement is not.

That observation is as clear as day.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You must be triggered since you're trying to suppress my free speech.

There's a lot of hatred and bigotry on ATS, get over people speaking against it, snowflake.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Relativism is a problem for finding objectivity. Although objectivity exists outside of our subjective experiences and we can't quite grasp it, I believe, or hope at least, that there must be a way to determine that it exists and that we can come to some conclusions about it.

IMO there is an objective perspective to everything, some conclusive truth that can be applied universally. Gravity seems like an objective truth, but our subjective concepts of up and down don't exist. Objective truth seems more like, up is outward or away form and down is inward or toward, not up and down. Even that perspective is relative to the subjective point of view of the observer.

If everything is relative and subjective and nothing is actually objective and universal, then nothing has any validity or real meaning. But even if this were true, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" can and should be applied to a morally relativistic situation.
edit on 5-6-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added exta comments

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm very frustrated my previous posts are gone.

I don't have it in me to go through an entire explanation through several paragraphs again.

I think you may be deluded in thinking there is a massive conspiracy to make you more feminized. Some far left types are probably into that, for sure. But seriously. It's the VALUES that have been attached to the masculine principle that are under attack.

Show me a noble man, a man of honest and good character, a man who selflessly serves his community (bringing back the Archetypal "boon" of the Hero - remember that??), who raises up those who are underneath him so that ALL can succeed within their capacity - this, this is a true hero.

I think that the Heroic Archetype itself needs more men to step into it and BE that. Honor, valor, and respect to that notion. Then perhaps they wouldn't be worried about left-fringe folks ganging up on them to "feminize" them. ? (Sorry if that sounds mean. It is the mud pit, and you are slinging it...)

- AB

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

If everything is relative and subjective and nothing is actually objective and universal, then nothing has any validity or real meaning.

Morally there are objective truths though right?

We can all agree that torturing someone is wrong. Killing babies is wrong. Rape is wrong. In my mind these things are true regardless of the how and why they are happening.

But we still have to ask how far does this line of thinking go and when does it become a social objective no longer an objective moral truth?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Very insightful thread onequestion....

I can tell you this, there is a a definite force that wants to quell and control any perceptible "hero". The motivation behind the attempted control is based in: ignorance, fear, paranoia, and lack of faith.

Negative begets negative. However, an incorruptible being is just that. Incorruptible. Heroes exist and I feel very sorry for those who have sided against them, or have been deceived into believing those benevolent individuals are insane or evil. It's proof that our society has constructs set up to block a Christ-like person, or Christ himself.

All I have to say is good luck trying to do stop him. It won't end well for those who have sided with the proverbial devil archetype, whether they've done so consciously or uncounconsciously.

I'm not even very religious, at all, but when you realize some stuff, things become clearer.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Do we all agree that torturing someone is wrong? Personally I think it is horrific and unworthy of the human soul, but apparently leaders of the past and present really don't have a problem with it?

People justify their wants in relation to what they think they can gain. It can have disgusting ramifications.

- just interjecting that because even torture has been made "okay" in the context of "terrorists." Just like "wearing the yellow star" and "isolating undesirables in concentration camps" became "okay" because people found ways to make "those animals" bad.

Anyway. Carry on.

PS - the whole torture thing was presented in such a way as to seem like anyone NOT willing to do it against the "enemy" was "soft" - they didn't have the balls. So to speak. No?
edit on 5-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's the VALUES that have been attached to the masculine principle that are under attack.

What exactly is the difference?

I think that the Heroic Archetype itself needs more men to step into it and BE that. Honor, valor, and respect to that notion. Then perhaps they wouldn't be worried about left-fringe folks ganging up on them to "feminize" them. ?

You're right in that more people need to step up to the plate. I see clearly that the FAR LEFT is clearly perpetrating an agenda of safe spaces, feminism, !masculinity, gender dysphoria and other social issues are being pushed down our throats in a clearly divisive manner. They are being used to control political narratives and language. They are tools of thought control and culture creation.
edit on 6/5/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And in movies now, the HEROIN is the leading role, more and more, and the Males know their place.

Every girl is a ninja samurai assassin now.

When I hardly know any women that strive to be that or even emulate that. MOST women I know run from ants, tell me to kill spiders, freak out at loud noises, and freeze when something violent happens in front of them...

But according to Hollywood, women are just bad asses, and kick the crap out of men with ease, and are pretty, and get the good looking guy in the end.

BIOTCH PLEASE!! If you are the type of girl to do all that, at MOST...you look and act like Rhonda Rousey...at the very BEST, which is like 1 in a million.

At average you look like a dude, talk like a dude, are possibly VERY lesbian, and you've lost most appearances or hints of "femininity".

Give me a damn break with all this chick Ninja Superbadass stuff. Get outa here

edit on 117pm3008America/Chicago16CDT08America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join