It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Flash and Bang over North East London skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A few hours ago, I witnessed two very bright flashes emanating from one point in the sky over North East London, followed by very loud but distant explosions many seconds later.

Did anyone else see / hear it?

Know anything about it?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

Airizona also had the same thing happen last week! Strange.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Subscribing to watch this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Woohoo! Here come the space rocks!

I really want to see one🌠

link   

That sounds a lot like lightning followed by thunder. Just sayin'

link   

I am sure videos will be popping up soon!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Same situation in Scotland a few months ago, and I think they determined it was a meteor that exploded about 20 miles above the Earth, with none of the pieces reaching ground. It was described as a very bright light, and sonic boom sounding noise. Just lasted a few seconds, but caused quite a stir!

Could this be the same thing?

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sure are alot of meteors lately

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes there are, you look different!
edit on 6 5 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hes there are, you look different!
I work in a steelmill. Been there over 35 years. Back in the 80s they used to call me CapnBad. I identify with the pics you see in my avatar

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There has been a surprising uptick in reported bolides in the last 8 years.

It's a good question whether it is simply more folks noticing and more cameras available vs an actual increase in larger meteors.

I tend to go with more meteors, myself, because I tend toward pessimism and thinking (perhaps periodic) heavy bombardment of Earth fits with many old folktales and a certain periodicity to extinctions seen in the fossil records...

all it takes is one or three of the right mass to impact and we'd be back to hunting and gathering... if lucky.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Sure are alot of meteors lately

It's only aliens stowing thrones, apart from that any thunderstorms that are forecast in the East are likely to be severe.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

stowing thrones ... haha i see / like whaT YOU DID THERE

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

That sounds a lot like lightning followed by thunder. Just sayin'

It was sunny and clear in England.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well obviously, there is a secret space war that we are getting tiny glimpses of. This is only like, half sarcasm by the way. For real, secret space war guys.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

no i didnt - as i was in yorkshire - but if i had - i would have posted a usefull report with :

exact time

location [ of sighting ]

bearing [ to " flashes " ]

time lag between " flash " and sound "

period of variation [ if any ] between flashes flash 1 / 2 and sound - sound 1 / 2

you know - usefull information

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Mysterious craft cause 'explosions' in night sky over London strong enough to shake homes

Bizarre footage of light flashes and explosions close to midnight on Sunday have been posted online with experts flummoxed over what caused them. People living in Essex and East London reported hearing three 'booms' at about 11pm on Sunday night with some claiming the light and noises were from UFOs .

But so far, there has been no expert explanation for the strange goings-on. One man living in Ilford captured footage of the flashes and 'explosions', which he said made his house shake.

"If it had been a land-based explosion there would be damage somewhere but so far no damage.'

"It was too loud to be a firework that's for sure and fireworks don't shake houses. I don't think it's a supersonic aircraft as a sonic boom does not give off light.

"I think it was a meteorite burning up in the atmosphere. This would give off light and cause a sonic boom."

But a spokesman for the Royal Observatory at the Royal Museum of Greenwich denied the claims.

They told the MailOnline : "This doesn't have the character of a meteor, since such a blast would only occur after a sustained bright light during atmospheric entry - not a quick flash as shown in the video.

"It's also somewhat unlikely that three blasts would be heard. It looks and sounds a little bit more like a firework."

People living in the area said they thought the noises could have been caused by a fighter jet or even a UFO.

One person wrote on Twitter: "Just heard three loud booms, like an explosion here in East London. Anyone know anything?"

But the Ministry of Defence said it was unaware of the noise but would be looking into it while the Metropolitan Police said it had received calls about the incident but would not be investigating.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, that confirms the impression I had looking out of my window.

I missed the first one, but heard it, and saw it out of the corner of my eye.
The second one I had half an eye on... and the third I had both eyes on (from up here it was almost at eye level so it scared me a bit)... it seemed to leave an eerie glow in the sky too for a few miliseconds after.

And the time between the flash and the sound of each explosion seemed to be about 10 seconds.
I dont know exactly how long between each flash, but i think the first two were closer together than the third which came maybe 30 seconds after the second.

Today we have thunder storms as predicted, but they dont feel related.

new topics

top topics

join