It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

We don't put heavy-weight boxers in the same ring with light-weights. Neither should we put light-strength individuals in to compete against the strong. Some women can clearly compete against any man out there, while some boys are better off in the girls lane.

So you're ok with boys hitting girls as long as the guy is a total pussy?

Wrong message to send, man.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah sorry its Effed up the link doesn't work, I own a copy of the book linked here its like 112 bucks on amazon, when I purchased it in 2010 it was like $400 cause its a text book based on the DSM
Try this link

And the amazing part about this link is its to buy the book for amazon and I cant view it in my browser either, I do have a cd rom though that goes right to the book digital exercises though and works just fine cause I spent almost half a grand on it damn near 5 years ago, but it is a book often cited in the transgender arguments here on ats I am saying I do not find its relevance on the thousands of blogs sourced and opinion pieces apparently I have to read to formulate an opinion. I looked into it because someone here that I consider a friend said I said things that were mis-informed, I looked into it. Not much has changed after looking into and has in fact reinforced my feelings towards the subject.

The name of the book

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR)

EDIT the original link was to the actually web scripted text that reflects the Trans-gender stuff and pretty much all the book I understand you cant get to it now cause it costed me quite a bit of money, I am sorry for posting that link I should have known better as it costed when knew almost 500 bucks with a cd that downloads stuff and I can't always source it online even though I read it online, I left college and the marine corps a long time ago and forget not everyone can access lexus nexus and other academia sources online without a subscription which is also why I am not removing the link either.

I do not always post things I look up here on ATS either as my interests do not always support the story and half the time I only post because I read strange headlines here because I do not watch TV =D
edit on 5-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I sometimes come into these threads thinking, "Surely the liberals can't be on board with insanity like this.."
But every single time I find the usual suspects, agreeing of course.. I think they have some kind of progressive default setting in their brain, my working hypothesis is that they can't actually disagree with any kind of liberal sentiment. There's just nothing that will set off an alarm in their mind. It's actually kind of spooky, maybe this is what the aliens have been up to for all these decades with their abductions and their genetic engineering?

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Your logic is lacking, a subjective example does not dictate reality.

Now, if you could give me an example of a woman beating Usain Bolt then I'd be willing to agree.

Maybe find a woman winning strong men contests, think they could compete?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

So we'd have basketball for players 6' 3"and under and teams with 6' 4" and above but with both sexes.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Metallicus

Obviously not in this case or SHE would have come in 1st place every time. This isn't hard... 5th place means 4 people finished before her.

I coach women's sports and it is an absolute tragedy to do this kind of thing to the hard working girls I coach. If you don't see that then you are just being ignorant.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Actually what we would have is teams of trans-gendered men taking over all women's sports. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
So you're ok with boys hitting girls as long as the guy is a total pussy?

Wrong message to send, man.

Why not as long as they're the same weight class?? It's either equal or not right??

Why is it always wrong to hit a woman but totally ok to hit a guy?? How is that equal???

What if the girl is 200 lbs. and the guy is 130 lbs.???
We don't have an issue if the guy is 200 lbs. and the other guy is 130 lbs. We see it as unfair but it's still allowed without the stigma.

Maybe we should treat it like professional combat.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I guess we'll never get away from segregation.

Separate but equal is NOT equal.

smh

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Actually what we would have is teams of trans-gendered men taking over all women's sports. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad.

Well, in this case he still only got 3rd and 5th so I wouldn't say they're taking over exactly. Just setting the bar a little higher for the runner ups.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In the name of "equality" we are pushing women out of sports. Women's sports are now men's sports!

It's almost hilarious. Liberals BTFO. Progressives scrambling for a way to excuse it.

Here we go. Rome is falling!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This is wrong on so many levels. Those girls, the REAL girls, we re robbed of their chance to compete fairly, by a boy who claims he's not one. That anyone would even attempt to defend this, claiming that his "rights" are at stake, is appalling as well. Frankly, I wish every single girl had refused to compete, letting the little twerp run all on his lonesome. Sick to death of hearing about how some are so much more important than others, and seeing sensible standards thrown out the window.

Won't even bother with the Olympics anymore. No credibility. Maybe there is a reason there are health concerns in the location.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

They don't want equality.

They really don't.

If they did, they be for abolishing the separation of mens and womens athletics.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Maybe we should treat it like professional combat.

Sports?

Lost your damn mind.

A life-threatening situation is the only instance wherein it might be acceptable for a man to hit a woman.

And yes, this even applies to the most wussified sissy of a man doing it to the most butch and homely woman.

There are some things that no amount of gender bending will ever make ok.

Hitting women is one of them.

I thought this was a pretty universally accepted principle, but then again I thought opposition to pedophilia was too. Boy was I wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

Hey, women wanted equality right??? So we're giving it to them.

They want to earn the same as a man??? They say they can do anything a man does??? They want to sleep with as many people as they want and get praise for it??? They want to be in charge just like the men, well then they have to compete against the men just like the other men do, right???

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They would also advocate for changing domestic dispute laws to look more like a fist fight between two friends, drunk or not.

link   

And yes, this even applies to the most wussified sissy of a man doing it to the most butch and homely woman.

That's totally sexist though. So you're saying some big broad can beat the hell out of some wimpy guy and that's ok because she's a woman???

But if that same woman is terrorizing that wimpy dude and taking his lunch money or kicking him off the bus seat or pulling down his pants in public that even then he's not allowed to smack her one if he get's the chance???

link   

I doubt there will be enough to take over entirely, but there will be two effects:

1.) Girls and women who want to win will be under increased pressure to juice.

2.) Teams will have ringers like they did in the movie MASH with Spearchucker Jones, only this time it won't be getting a pro on the team. They'll have a guy in women's clothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's totally sexist though. So you're saying some big broad can beat the hell out of some wimpy guy and that's ok because she's a woman???

But if that same woman is terrorizing that wimpy dude and taking his lunch money or kicking him off the bus seat or pulling down his pants in public that even then he's not allowed to smack her one if he get's the chance???

It is sexist. Funny, because I suggested the same thing a few weeks ago and was called....sexist.

If you want equal rights, hitting someone has nothing at all to do with gender but rather strength/build/size. If Ronda Rousey attacked a 5'1", 125lb man and he fought back, is that sexist?

No, she has the clear advantage. That she's a woman doesn't play into it unless you're sexist and want women to have special treatment, which of course goes against the feminist movement.
edit on 5-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I doubt there will be enough to take over entirely, but there will be two effects:

1.) Girls and women who want to win will be under increased pressure to juice.

2.) Teams will have ringers like they did in the movie MASH with Spearchucker Jones, only this time it won't be getting a pro on the team. They'll have a guy in women's clothing.

Or transgender folks can start their own team that allows for anyone to join the team, let the opposition set theirs up as they please as well and call it fair?

Just a thought

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

That's right. Just like professional combat. It's about weight class and type of fighting. Or in UFC just weight class.

You could pit Rousey against a guy of her same weight class and the win could go either way. Pit her against an untrained guy above her weight class and she'd take them too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join