It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

We these things called "leagues." If he wants a change to compete, then he joins a lesser league with others who are more his competitive ability. He does not join a league composed of women and beat them and then call himself "awesome" because there are very real differences in biological ability.

Men basically juice themselves with extra testosterone which is what an anabolic steroid is (a synthetic form of testosterone) in order to promote the growth of extra skeletal muscle and bone. A pre-op transperson is basically competing against females after having the benefits of the natural equivalent of anabolic steroids. It is inherently unfair. A girl trying to even the playing field would be banned.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wait...wait a minute. So, this is a big thing in HS sports. Residence. So, I know personally teams that have lost an entire season because someone lived half a block away and the Football team lost a state title. But, if there was a all girls soccer team with a boy who identifies as a girl ,well, that is ok?

This reminds me of Dangerfield in Ladybugs....I wonder what he would say about this? Men are men. Women are women. If you need to change you do. This has happened for years. There is no need to any redefinition.

I guess since I like lightning and kites I can start to identify as Benjamin Franklin...change my license and everything right? This country is gone nuts.....

edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-07T16:39:56-05:000456 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty
Women are smaller, more finely boned (80% of hip fractures occur in women), the pelvis is shaped differently etc. If you are able to look at tendons, muscle composition/mass, the size of heart and such, the male vs female differences are numerous.

Thus, you either remove ALL gender parameters from sports, or you keep them in place and enforce them. Pretending that males and females can compete (physically) equally ejects you to the kids' table.

You know, we're not really disagreeing on some things here. Just talking about different things. You're pointing out some average characteristics. I agree with you there. I'm suggesting that there are individuals who deviate from the average. And these individuals should have the right to compete with others who meet their physical characteristics, regardless of their genitalia.

The sport itself, is only based on some physical attributes. It doesn't matter what you see when you look under the skirt.

edit on 7-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Are you suggesting that males are naturally faster than females?

I've never understood segregated sports besides martial arts.
For obvious reasons.

Racing?
Darts?
Football?
Basketball?
Baseball?

Where is the advantage for men.

I suppose NFL would be difficult with 300lb giants steaming in to women.

But running?

What a joke to be outraged over.

She didn't even win.
Which makes the premise even funnier.

Men have testosterone.

What does testosterone do to the body? Well... it makes you faster and stronger.

Don't you think it's weird that all professional sports have bans on it's use from an outside source other than bodily production?

No?

Ok stay ignorant no big deal.

the Effects of Testosterone on the Body

Testosterone is one of many factors involved in the development of muscle bulk and strength. Testosterone increases neurotransmitters, which encourage tissue growth. It also interacts with nuclear receptors in DNA, which causes protein synthesis. Testosterone increases levels of growth hormone. That makes exercise more likely to build muscle.

Testosterone increases bone density and tells the bone marrow to manufacture red blood cells. Men with very low levels of testosterone are more likely to suffer from bone fractures and breaks.

Testosterone also plays a role in fat metabolism, helping men to burn fat more efficiently. Dropping levels of testosterone can cause an increase in body fat.

Testosterone therapy can be administered by a doctor via intramuscular injections.

In fighting, there are no girls in my weight class but women aren't as strong or quick in fighting sports.

Just a fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Take a look at male/ female records... Explain the difference if not natural physical differences... Men hold the records in every running event, by a significant margin. At the Olympic levels famales wouldnt make the running teams.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

In fighting, there are no girls in my weight class but women aren't as strong or quick in fighting sports.

Just a fact.

That statement "women aren't" isn't true. What is true is "some women aren't"...as some men. But, "some women are" compared to some other men.

The thing is "women" includes individuals of widely varying abilities.

Look at it this way, for every man you pick, I can probably find a woman that can beat that man in some sport.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

Penis = he.
What about that is hard? What part? I'll try to explain it better.

Brain is gender. Sex is physical.

Gender Dysphoria. Brain Gender is opposite of physical sex.

Female brain. Male physical body. Hormone therapy changes the physical body (does not eliminate the sex organ)

Brain is schizophrenia. Brain is depression. Brain is bipolar. Brain is psychosis.

This is another mental illness. Plain and simple. These people are sick and need treatment. Just because you or a loved one have this disease, doesnt mean it's not an illness. Get help or seek help for those affected.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Anathros because: Because..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Just a fact.

That statement "women aren't" isn't true. What is true is "some women aren't"...as some men. But, "some women are" compared to some other men.

The thing is "women" includes individuals of widely varying abilities.

Look at it this way, for every man you pick, I can probably find a woman that can beat that man in some sport.

Waiting for you to produce the woman who can out-sprint Usain Bolt. Will be waiting for a long, long time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

wont happen because the record female 100 wouldn't qualify for the team.
edit on 7-6-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: swimmer15
a reply to: ketsuko

wont happen because the record female 100 wouldn't qualify for the team.

Well I was thinking if he waited until Bolt was in his twilight years ...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That statement "women aren't" isn't true. What is true is "some women aren't"...as some men. But, "some women are" compared to some other men. The thing is "women" includes individuals of widely varying abilities. Look at it this way, for every man you pick, I can probably find a woman that can beat that man in some sport.

Complete and total bs women don't naturally produce testosterone sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Sorry, but testosterone doesn't win you any sports. If it were only up to testosterone, all men would beat all women every-time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sorry, but testosterone doesn't win you any sports. If it were only up to testosterone, all men would beat all women every-time.

Oh sorry you need to read up a little bit on testosterone and why its usage is banned from all collegiate and professional sports including the olympics.

USADA

Simply put, PEDs have the ability or potential to drastically alter the human body and biological functions, including the ability to considerably improve athletic performance in certain instances.

Testosterone being the main PED of choice. That and EPO depending on what sport your in. HGH is pretty good too but test is pretty much the #1.

I was a professional athlete and trained with some of the best athletes in the world I have some experience in this field.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Oh sorry you need to read up a little bit on anatomy. While you're looking, maybe you'll discover men also produce estrogen naturally.

In the case of a transgender person taking estrogen, it is combined with a drug called spironolactone that blocks the production of testosterone. Comparing a trans person undergoing this regime and a natal female, the trans person will have lower levels of testosterone than the natal female.

Why don't you look up the International Olympic Committee's guidelines on transgender athletes? While you're at it, how about looking at High School Policies for Transgender Student Athletes

This has been this way in some of these states for quite some time. Nobody has cared or made a big deal about until "transgender" became the clickbait of the hour.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You have it backward. "Some women" can occasionally exceed the norm and compete with men, but it is uncommon. Know any heavyweight female boxers who can compete with Mike Tyson? Fallon Fox may be transitioning and take hormones but one look at the frame and skeletal structure and it's obvious, that is remain male. Thus advantageous.

I get the feeling you're having a little fun here and tha'ts fine, I'll still make the point.

To Freija, it's been an issue for a while, it's been discussed occasionally and now it's moved to the forefront of cultural debate. That doesn't make it clickbait, nor does calling it so make it dismissable.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Yeah I'm not talking about trans women I'm just pointing out that women don't have the same musculature as men.
edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

You have it backward. "Some women" can occasionally exceed the norm and compete with men, but it is uncommon.

Thank you. Finally, one sensible person here. Some women can compete with men, so why deny them the opportunity?

That's all I'm trying to say. Base the sport on the ability to compete. Many men can't compete with other men.
We still let them play. They still get to try. We have women soldiers, women firefighters, and women police officers today. They all have to compete with men for physically demanding jobs.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It's a simple FACT that men are bigger and stronger than women.

Obviously there are exceptions but you cant just ignore this fact. Testosterone and hormones are the biggest reason why.

In the military women have a different set of physical standards for a reason, because they are built different. It's nature, you can't ignore it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's a simple FACT that men are bigger and stronger than women.

That's just not true. All men are not bigger and stronger than all women.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't see any problem with the guy wanting to identify as a female, even at a young age. I doubt his parents were the ones behind it.

My opinion with sports is that there are some good reasons (regarding competition and anatomy) to segregate them by birth gender.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join