It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
When Islam takes over and Sharia is the law of the land ... problem solved.

Thanks a lot, 0bama.

Umm They will complain about the solution. Seeing that all the LGBT population will be executed. Not to mention the feminist will also be chopped.

Of course white straight males will be fine. They would have to convert or "buy" their freedom of course.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I recommend you glance through my post on throughout the last few pages I've presented a plethora of scientific information supporting my perspective.

They refuse to respond to any of because it doesn't support their agenda.

It's really the same every time. I get bored and just leave. I feel sorry for Scientists. They had to go to school for year to learn and present us with with things that can all be solved merely by creating a thread on ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

80% of social issues in the US in my opinion are,

"they make me feel bad, meeehhhhh"

"they have more stuff than me, meehhhhh"

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't think one where kids are being beaten up, murdered, and committing suicide at more than twice the rate of others fits that bill.

I see absolutley no reason to not accept anyone as what they are even if your a nutter with dragon wings. The problem stems from the holy rollers who are loosing their public pulpit for discrimination. If you take note this is in the news because of so called conservatives Govenors passing discrimination bills.

You aren't wrong though. I teach wrestling and judo and a self defence anti bullying program. The program uses posture, language and the ability to posibly defend yourself if you work hard enough at technique. That was my solution to helping out kids. I would say half the kids being severely bullied (one kid had his orbital broken taking a beating in Oklahoma visiting his family over winter break) are lgtb.
Not the oh he called me names but the I was in the hospital for a week kind.

So I think it's an issue. We have vaccines for public health issues with less people effected. I think kids commuting suicide and being beaten badly is probably something that needs attention

And honestly it doesn't matter why or if they are mentally ill (which they are not). People deserve basic human dignity if they aren't instigating problems.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No that's a separate issue. That's the 20%.

Yeah it does matter if there is a mental issue because it could potentially help them and help significantly drop the suicide rate. This is what can happen when proper treatment isn't in place due to denial.

Bi-Polar

Suicide, which is both a stereotypic yet highly individualized act, is a common endpoint for many patients with severe psychiatric illness. The mood disorders (depression and bipolar manic-depression) are by far the most common psychiatric conditions associated with suicide. At least 25% to 50% of patients with bipolar disorder also attempt suicide at least once. With the exception of lithium--which is the most demonstrably effective treatment against suicide-remarkably little is known about specific contributions of mood-altering treatments to minimizing mortality rates in persons with major mood disorders in general and bipolar depression in particular. Suicide is usually a manifestation of severe psychiatric distress that is often associated with a diagnosable and treatable form of depression or other mental illness. In a clinical setting, an assessment of suicidal risk must precede any attempt to treat psychiatric illness.

edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

No that's a separate issue. That's the 20%.

Yeah it does matter if there is a mental issue because it could potentially help them and help significantly drop the suicide rate. This is what can happen when proper treatment isn't in place due to denial.

Bi-Polar

Suicide, which is both a stereotypic yet highly individualized act, is a common endpoint for many patients with severe psychiatric illness. The mood disorders (depression and bipolar manic-depression) are by far the most common psychiatric conditions associated with suicide. At least 25% to 50% of patients with bipolar disorder also attempt suicide at least once. With the exception of lithium--which is the most demonstrably effective treatment against suicide-remarkably little is known about specific contributions of mood-altering treatments to minimizing mortality rates in persons with major mood disorders in general and bipolar depression in particular. Suicide is usually a manifestation of severe psychiatric distress that is often associated with a diagnosable and treatable form of depression or other mental illness. In a clinical setting, an assessment of suicidal risk must precede any attempt to treat psychiatric illness.

It's not a seperate issue at all.

So 95 percent of Drs believe transition is the treatment. This article is from a religious zealot who is using his religious bias. It's not the view of the medical community at all. I have had to work with psychiatrists explaining all these issues to work with schools.

The reason this is an issue is because the treatment by the medical community is transition. So you just advocated the trans position.

Basically the govenots on top of all the other law suits will also be sued for denying medical treatment.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The medical community isn't psychologist.

Direct correlation between suicide and mental health issues.

Face the music.

Suicide

The most common underlying disorder is depression, 30% to 70% of suicide victims suffer from major depression or bipolar (manic-depressive) disorder.

edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

How about the link to bullying and suicide, home abuse and suicide, and even standard of living. Your correlation and causation is flat wrong.

And psychiatrists are medical and are the only ones who can prescribe the transitiion drugs. So are the pediatricians

Just goes to show your making assumptions.

Transition is in most cases a medical decision done by Drs. And their guidelines are set as are the precedents in the courts.

Also this is what neuroscience is showing. Trans people have brain functions like their identity. They tested this by using uncontrolled responses like hearing, sight, touch etc where woman and men have small differences.

I just dont see how as a conservative you don't just say leave these people alone. The medical community are the ones guiding transitions. It's actually the therapy for what you consider a mental illness.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you support psychology to treat bipolar and not transgender issues your just a hypocrite.

Personally I am conservative. Which means I have no bussiness telling others how to act.

edit on 8-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Annee
How many times must this guy be debunked?

I know many of you have read other threads on transgender.

McHugh has been debunked in everyone that he was brought up (most).

Yet - - you insist on throwing it out there again.

From what I have read debunked is not the word.

Ridiculed
Defamed
Yelled at
Called names

Pretty much the same tactics always used by liberals when someone says something they don't like.

Of course you have read everything about McHugh, NARTH, Reparative Therapy, his devout Catholicism . . .

Bishops Select Lay Board On Sexual Abuse. Dubious choice for resolving church scandal by Mara J. Math 9/21/02 “McHugh’s actions…pose the deepest threat to the council’s credibility. McHugh is the only therapist on the lay council. This makes his participation especially significant, because other members may rely on his presumed expertise. Because he frequently testifies on behalf of accused molesters, doubts may be raised about the council’s desire to truly solve the problem. McHugh…is the man whose report to the court in one case stated that a defendant’s harassing phone calls were not obscene – including the call that detailed a fantasy of a 4-year-old sex slave locked in a dog cage and fed human waste. ritualabuse.us...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The current main psychiatric approaches to treatment for persons diagnosed with GID are psychotherapy or to support the individual's preferred gender through hormone therapy, gender expression and role, or surgery.

Bottom Line:
So really you either endorse the support aspect of the treatment, or the psychotherapy aspect of the treatment.
Either way this person needs help, which should never be denied, but how modern society chooses to help them is in question.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

How about the link to bullying and suicide, home abuse and suicide, and even standard of living. Your correlation and causation is flat wrong.

Lead to depression lead to suicide.

How about not being comfortable in your own skin for 20 years causing PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders multiple personality disorder, bi polar disorder

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That is not entirely accurate. Psychotherapy has to be involved in medical transition. It's required

Gender dysphoria is when a trans person in under mental duress not all trans people have GD. In fact the more supportive the family the GD doesn't present itself nearly as often

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Exactly. And the medical treatment is often. transition. Look it up.

It doesn't take a genius to know you kill yourself when depressed.

Depression oftwn has a cause other than being born with it.

Accepting trans kids prevents some depression issues. So what's the big deal.

Also you can not transition without the medical community when doing it physically. These kids work with psychiatrists and for years before transition is decided. This isn't like a Florida pain clinic where you just pull up to the window and they give you pills.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

That is not entirely accurate. Psychotherapy has to be involved in medical transition. It's required

Gender dysphoria is when a trans person in under mental duress not all trans people have GD. In fact the more supportive the family the GD doesn't present itself nearly as often

I don't believe that at all, sorry, a super supportive family will help diminish it for sure, but let that person go find a job working with regular people, it's going to flare up for sure. Somebody was telling me about one in there workplace, it was rough.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

These kids work with psychiatrists and for years before transition is decided.

Because its a psychological issue where they believe transitioning is the only answer.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What don't you believe at all?

The whole reason so many corps already have lgtb policies is because these people do already work. They have already been sued for discrimination etc. Same with schools. My wife has been a research Prof almost 20 years. I have been hearing about this since then. Even the Jesuit school she went to had LGBT non discrimination policies.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So why does the medical community support transition and recommend it as a therapy?

Do you see how bad your argument is?

I could say the samefor any issue.

Bipolar people just think they are all over the place. No need for therapy.

U am having an issue understanding your problem with transgender people.

If your truly conservative it's non if your bussiness if they leave you alone. They areny committing crimes. Let them be what ever they want.

It doesn't even have to go as far as psychotherapy. They have the right to exist as they are, who they think they are etc....you can also decide to not except them. Just don't make public policy based in religeous fundementalism to discriminate.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I am having an issue understanding your problem with transgender people.

He/she can't accept it and is "digging heels in" to justify his position.

Trying to make not accepting transgender scientifically legitimate rather then a prejudice.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do you work in the real world, because I do, you can put all the laws and policies you want in place, you can't force people comfort levels with abnormalities to go away, and the micro subtle behavior to change.

That being said I would have no problem working with Jenna Talackova, none.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Do you work in the real world, because I do, you can put all the laws and policies you want in place, you can't force people comfort levels with abnormalities to go away, and the micro subtle behavior to change.

Civil Rights
Marriage Equality

Just to name 2.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join