It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let me reiterate:

Womens/mens fashions are merely learned as a gender role (girls wear this, boys wear that). Mass marketing and consumerism are heavy handed behind todays fashion trends mind you.

Now a boy decides its time to dress like a girl? Well girls only dress the way they do because that's what they learned socially.

Nobody is genetically programmed to wear a dress, it's what they learn they "should" wear.

Now personal taste is another issue. Hey the Scot's wear kilts right?

So then there's this thing called MTV.

Nuff said...
ACTUALLY NOT!

At this point its time to bring to everyones attention the most important documentary in the known universe (which has nothing to do with the transgender issue specifically, but everything to do with social engineering / marketing [which is what this issue being forced mainstream is all about]):

edit on 7-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: kaylaluv

The same way they deal with it already now.

You mean by changing the body/outward appearance.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Is there some button they added to the forums where you clicked it and now my posts don't even appear on your screen?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Frankly, your posts are a little disjointed and hard to understand.

Are you saying the "cure" is to inject them with some kind of "anti-BPA" vaccine or something to cure their gender dysphoria?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hey not bad! But now that I'm revealing the basis of gender based fashions, and related social engineering, your main talking points of "its natural" and therefore "dress like a girl" are in serious hot water.

Honestly I've never had cause to read about the brains of transgender people before, but now that I'm browsing it here, and applying conventional knowledge of social engineering, developmental psychology, social psychology, and chemistry, well...

Here you go: This might help your cause (which is stick to being transgender and defend it no matter what causes and effects are behind it):
Maybe if there are studies showing there being an even amount transgender males AND females, then perhaps it would weaken my assertion that gender bender chems are a BIG part of this big picture.

But good luck dismantling my learned gender roles arguments (you know, the "outward appearance").

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Out of curiosity I decided to Google...

Why are male to female transsexuals about three times more common than female to male transsexuals?

Any other sources and very odd indeed if true..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Gender roles may be a social construct - gender identity is hardwired into the brain.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. But no surprise there:

BPA stands for bisphenol A. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins. Polycarbonate plastics are often used in containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles. They may also be used in other consumer goods. Epoxy resins are used to coat the inside of metal products, such as food cans, bottle tops and water supply lines. Some dental sealants and composites also may contain BPA.

Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.
www.mayoclinic.org...

First synthesized in 1891, bisphenol A came into use as a synthetic estrogen in the 1930s. Later, chemists discovered that, combined with phosgene (used during World War I as a toxic gas) and other compounds, BPA yielded the clear, polycarbonate plastic of shatter-resistant headlights, eyeglass lenses, DVDs and baby bottles.
www.scientificamerican.com...

One reason people may be concerned about BPA is because human exposure to BPA is widespread. The 2003-2004 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found detectable levels of BPA in 93% of 2517 urine samples from people six years and older. The CDC NHANES data are considered representative of exposures in the United States. Another reason for concern, especially for parents, may be because some animal studies report effects in fetuses and newborns exposed to BPA.
www.niehs.nih.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Okay then. Well, get back to us when you've developed that anti-BPA vaccine or whatever.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Is it HARDWIRED?

The science I've noticed here has shown that the male/female brain is mostly the same, until male/female hormones come into the picture.

Which should have this mostly be a discussion of hormones, if we're discussing neurosciences here.

Unless this is a debate about sexual orientation / perversion?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Apparently according to the brain image scans the brains of transgenders in the study are not reflective of either male or female brains so what's that mean?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ah ... the old "BPA turns boys into girls" gambit.

Where's the human study proving this?

What, there isn't one? (The studies that were performed were on fish.)

Wow, that just doesn't seem right, does it?

Well, are there any human studies that disprove these pseudoscientific assertions?

It just so happens there are; here's one of many:

Baseline characteristics of these individuals have been published on July 21 in the Journal of Adolescent Health and include a significant finding: transgender individuals have sex hormone levels consistent with the gender they were assigned at birth.

“We’ve now put to rest the residual belief that transgender experience is a result of a hormone imbalance,” says Olson. “It’s not.”

Citation

And here's a link to the article published in the Journal

Conclusions Baseline physiologic parameters were within normal ranges for assigned sex at birth. Transgender youth are aware of the incongruence between their internal gender identity and their assigned sex at early ages. Prevalence of depression and suicidality demonstrates that youth may benefit from timely and appropriate intervention. Evaluation of these youth over time will help determine the impact of medical intervention and mental health therapy.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

According to the data produced from the brain image scans many transgendered people are neither dominantly male or female in brain structure would explain why so many transgendered people re transition.

I havent seen the full study, just the video and your comments on it.

But my impression was the hormones are in between.

While I thought the conventional knowledge is that as far as neuroscience its mostly our hormones that makes us all crazy girls or crazy boys.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I gotta run and go handle something, but if hormones are off the table that brings us back to social engineering.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ah ... tsk tsk ... we're seeing just a little bit of dirty pool in the quotations here ...

From the article at www.mayoclinic.com ... just after the quoted material above ...

However, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has said that BPA is safe at the very low levels that occur in some foods. This assessment is based on review of hundreds of studies.

What was that last phrase?

This assessment is based on review of hundreds of studies.

Now why would someone leave that tidbit of information out, one wonders?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Fixing the brain is easier than fixing the body and probably more effective

You're kidding, right?

According to the data produced from the brain image scans many transgendered people are neither dominantly male or female in brain structure would explain why so many transgendered people re transition.

I know I know you didnt read any of the links I post so your totally ignorant of what I'm talking about.

I've been following brain scan science for a while. Long before these transgender discussions.

The brain is extremely complex, and only a part of a whole system. Gender/Sexuality is not just the brain.

Science just recently discovered the beginnings of understanding Left Handedness.

Yes, I am aware of "transgender brain and sexual orientation is unique".

------------------------------------------------------

"So Many Re-Transition"? - - please provide legitimate data on this.

I find your fears over blown.

To me you are looking for any excuse to reject transgenders - - and their desires to live their life normally as what's right for them.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Awww ... and some important stuff in the Scientific American article was left out too ...

Although experts debate whether mice make good models for human effects, the crux of the argument over BPA is that experimental results have not been reproduced. A 2004 report from the Harvard Center for Risk Analysis found “no consistent affirmative evidence for low-dose BPA effects.” According to I. Glenn Sipes of the University of Arizona, a co-author of that paper, it is this inconsistency that bothers skeptics. “I’ve never had a problem saying that we can see biological effects in these low-dose studies,” he says. “But why are we seeing these studies that can’t be repeated?” A onetime result in a rodent model, Sipes argues, cannot be extrapolated to mean negative impacts for human health.

Sooo ... not only are there no hormonal differences in Trans* kids ... there's no good evidence that BPA has ANY EFFECT in humans ... and indeed hundreds of studies to the contrary (at least, according to the Mayo Clinic).

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: AMPTAH

And everyone was going to start marrying their sister and their dog and their toaster if we allowed gays to marry.

Didn't happen.

Didn't happen......................YET!

None of these changes have come overnight. We'll get there. Right now, we're dealing with "Trans-gender" issues. One step at a time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Gryphon66

I gotta run and go handle something, but if hormones are off the table that brings us back to social engineering.

I don't do blatantly false dichotomies from someone who misrepresented their citations and sources.

Tell me, did you intentionally misrepresent what those articles stated, or did you only read until you found what you thought you wanted?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: AMPTAH

And everyone was going to start marrying their sister and their dog and their toaster if we allowed gays to marry.

Didn't happen.

Didn't happen......................YET!

None of these changes have come overnight. We'll get there. Right now, we're dealing with "Trans-gender" issues. One step at a time.

Really, which do you want to marry, your sister, your dog or your toaster? (Or all three? Polygamy baby!)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join