It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: InTheLight

No re-read my posts and get educated

This is an oxymoron.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I think not getting the right treatment is the biggest problem

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

This is an oxymoron.

Wait..what are you referring to?
edit on 7-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The sentence I quoted is what I was referring to. It had nothing to do with you.

edit on 6/7/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Still not sure...any way - rolling with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: KyoZero

I think not getting the right treatment is the biggest problem

Bingo: Proper balancing of hormones; removing synthetic / natural gender bending hormones from diet / environment, etc.

Maybe remove MTV from the planet (they got a thing for the moon dont they?).
edit on 7-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So because I'm trying to educate myself on this...

Then listen, dammit! I say this because enough has been said to you to understand and all you want to do is be antagonistic, stubborn and obstinate.

Stop splitting hairs over definitions and language. The exact same damn thing has been called half a dozen different things in my lifetime but none of it changes what it is. Treatment takes a diagnosis. That's why it is even in the DSM. Originally I was diagnosed with primary transsexualism, which at the time was thought of as a complete psychosexual inversion, then gender dysphoria syndrome, then gender identity disorder and now gender dysphoria and none of the damn labels change anything. I've said many times that I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows but sometimes others are too stupid to look outside the window and see it is raining without a weatherman telling them it is.

I was horribly depressed and anxious as a child and adolescent not to mention deeply unhappy to the point of wanting to die or to just be dead. Being forced into a gender you are not is crushing. Seeing your body change against your will is mortifying and horrific. Living in fear that you are going to be attacked and killed, which nearly happened when I was 15 made me anxious and a little terrified to leave the house. It scared my parents to death. Having others not see you as you know yourself to be is frustrating AF. Social isolation and ostracization and societal or parental pressure sucks ass. Feeling like you are broken or damaged goods or having your self-esteem crushed because of what other people think is not something easy to overcome and why it is so important that trans kids be accepted and affirmed for who they are and not made to feel these things.

Gender dysphoria, or whatever the hell you want to call it this week can be made to go away or reduced to where it is not a problem. When it does, so do the co-morbidities if you're lucky enough to fit in and be accepted as I have been. I have never been treated for depression or anxiety and I've seen more shrinks and had more psychiatric evaluation and testing done as a child and adolescent than most people will ever have in a lifetime. Being trans in and of itself is not a mental illness but all the things surrounding it can be a real bitch and extremely difficult. These things were resolved in my life well over 40 years ago.

Gender dysphoria is something that never goes away that lasts a lifetime. However, the distress surrounding it can be minimized to where it falls below the level of constant awareness and torment to the point where it feels like it has been cured. For the majority, social transition, hormones and perhaps cosmetic procedures are enough to quell the dysphoria. For others, like myself, this did little to fix being the wrong sex or the inability to express my sexuality as a female, which clothing, hair and make-up or the accessories, expressions and trappings of gender don't fix.

Do I still have dysphoria? Sure, in a technical sense. There's no way I can even remotely imagine ever living in a gender role I never have that was assigned to me at birth or prescribed by invisible chromosomes. I can't even visualize what it would be like to not have a female body (in the ways that matter). Are there still relics of going through male puberty, however slight and not obvious to others that bug me? Yup, to some degree but not enough to prevent me from being happy and emotionally healthy and living a normal life. I AM lucky and recognize my status and privilege in being perceived as a cisgender woman but there are others not so fortunate or still working their way through this and I am here speaking for them.

Don't get hung up on books, diagnoses and descriptions and things men in committees i.e. the establishment, sit around and come up with. Listening to the lived experience of those that have dealt and are dealing with this will go a lot further to better your understanding. In the last year, I've poured my very private life out on these pages for all to see but many remain completely blind unwilling to learn or examine their own perspectives. I haven't done this for myself. I have done it for others to learn and gain awareness. I have done it for others to know that children can be and are trans and can suffer from the effects of gender dysphoria even from a very young age and I know how painful and crushing that is and I don't want them to face the same pressures and problems I did as a child before there was even a name for it.

Trying to get this across to people and facing the hostile environment and often toxic atmosphere around isn't easy. There have been days that reading this board has made me just sit and cry in frustration and anger but yet I'm still here pushing on trying to inform and not in the name of some far left agenda or for personal gain but in the name of humanity and dignity and understanding. There are others here that do understand, are knowledgeable and speak the truth so put your books and links and bullsh!t aside and try to listen and get over some of the myths, misconceptions and cocked up ideas that seem to run rampant around here. Transgender and transsexual people are a fact of life and part of normal human diversity and the sooner other people get over themselves and come to terms with this, the less of an issue it will become. There is nothing to fear, the world is not going to end, society is not going to collapse and we are not heading toward the end of the male/female dynamic anytime soon or ever.

Deny ignorance, folks. It doesn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I am absolutely amazed that you continue to bother with trying to educate and break through the nonsense.

Thank you, for your openness and your bravery, once again.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Fixing the brain is easier than fixing the body and probably more effective

You're kidding, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen

xuenchen, I am stunned you even placed this as a post on ATS. You can only go so far without looking like an azzhole. It makes me sad, as well, that someone can be so thoughtless.

58 flags on ths * nonsense????

It only shows me we have 58 idiots here.

I suggested a conspiracy immediately.

What don't you understand?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What do you mean "seeing your body change against your will"?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The science has given me a clear perspective anecdotal stories pale in comparison IMO.

Gender dysphoria is something that never goes away that lasts a lifetime. However, the distress surrounding it can be minimized to where it falls below the level of constant awareness and torment to the point where it feels like it has been cured.

Yes which is exactly what I'm talking about when I say getting the proper treatment, for many changing their body parts just simply wont be enough they need to address the brain aspect of it as well and stop pretending that doesn't exist.

You personally may not need it but you're not everyone.

I'm glad that your happy and have a supportive social network but you're probably not the majority.

Trying to get this across to people and facing the hostile environment and often toxic atmosphere around isn't easy. There have been days that reading this board has made me just sit and cry in frustration and anger but yet I'm still here pushing on trying to inform and not in the name of some far left agenda or for personal gain but in the name of humanity and dignity and understanding. There are others here that do understand, are knowledgeable and speak the truth so put your books and links and bullsh!t aside and try to listen and get over some of the myths, misconceptions and cocked up ideas that seem to run rampant around here. Transgender and transsexual people are a fact of life and part of normal human diversity and the sooner other people get over themselves and come to terms with this, the less of an issue it will become. There is nothing to fear, the world is not going to end, society is not going to collapse and we are not heading toward the end of the male/female dynamic anytime soon or ever.

Peoples perspective rarely agree with me on this board as well. My advice is to stop making is personal and realize that this is a skeptical and highly intelligent community and people are not going to agree with you all the time.

I have over 1000 threads and you know what.. almost every single one of the discussions was frustrating on some level, but it's not personal. This isn't a support group.

edit on 6/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Fixing the brain is easier than fixing the body and probably more effective

You're kidding, right?

According to the data produced from the brain image scans many transgendered people are neither dominantly male or female in brain structure would explain why so many transgendered people re transition.

I know I know you didnt read any of the links I post so your totally ignorant of what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
For others, like myself, this did little to fix being the wrong sex or the inability to express my sexuality as a female, which clothing, hair and make-up or the accessories, expressions and trappings of gender don't fix.

Would anyone not agree that gender roles are learned? [Now this is a discussion of both Developmental Psychology, and Social Psychology)

I remember reading a thing about back in the 1940's kind of era that the color pink hadn't been considered specifically feminine before that. Until there was some institutional situation (or maybe it was some marketing campaign for clothes) involving babies, I cant remember exactly, but at this juncture it could have went either way: the boys could have gotten the pink shirts and the girls the baby blue, but it went the way that it did and and to this day pink is feminine and baby blue is masculine.

Now I haven't read this entire thread, but I think I saw someone post a brain scan study were supposedly there wasn't much difference between male & female brains. Now following that logic, and the realities of learned gender roles as the basis of fashion between the sexes... now factor in our food & environment saturated with synthetic gender bender chems, and mass pro-LGBT social engineering (i.e. MTV, Obama)... do you see where I'm going with this?

edit on 7-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

(Deep breaths, Kaylaluv, deep breaths)

First of all, sooooo many transgender people don't re-transition.

Second, the brain scans don't explain why any transgender people re-transition

Third, you didn't answer my question regarding fixing the brain.

What's your detailed treatment plan, Doctor onequestion?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is an oxymoron.

Of course you read nothing I post because it didn't support your narrative exactly like everyone posting on this thread except the people who truly want to educate themselves on this topic like I have.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah I know when someone disagrees with you when they present evidence you can't ignore anymore it becomes personal.

Transgender Suicide Attempt Rates Are Staggering

Hmmm wonder why? Could it have something to do with this...

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan

Surprisingly, in each transsexual person’s brain the structure of the white matter in the four regions was halfway between that of the males and females (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.11.007). “Their brains are not completely masculinised and not completely feminised, but they still feel female,” says Guillamon.

And here's why.

Could it be that when they transition they still feel the same because only part of the issue was addressed because there hasn't been enough research done?

Could it be because SJWs like you are out there screaming it's not a mental issue it's physical and for many people it really is mental AND physical and only physically transitioning won't help?

Could it be that physically transitioning isn't for everyone and only works for a certain % of the people who dysphoria in the first place?

Yea I think so.

Try reading my sources next time.
edit on 6/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You said it was more efficient to fix the brain rather than the body.

I asked you how. You have yet to answer. Wonder what that means?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I've answered how. You skipped right past that like all the rest.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The same way they deal with it already now.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join