It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentation of Hillary's Endorsement of a National 25% Retail Sales Tax on Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I disagree as to a real deterrent, because if a person wants a gun bad enough, they will find a way to obtain it.
Saying that the poor cannot "afford" it is wrong. They have smart phones, big screen TV's as well, and seem to be able to obtain expensive drugs... because they find a way to do it, legally as well as illegally.

To add to this, what about the right to defend yourself? In the spirit of the law, would this not also suggest that they would be further discriminated against by demanding more of what they have none of, as apposed to those with lot's of cash that purchase guns to defend themselves and family as well?

Not saying that guns are the only solution to defending yourself, but a 25% tax on the rich or middle class purchasing guns, is certainly not going to deter them as well.

Instead of going in government coffers, make people spend money on mandatory, extensive gun training and safety courses and background checks that really do pull up reasons why they should or should not own them... for everyone wanting to purchase a gun.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Instead of going in government coffers, make people spend money on mandatory, extensive gun training and safety courses and background checks that really do pull up reasons why they should or should not own them... for everyone wanting to purchase a gun.

No,NO, and NO.

Training ?

It doesn't take a degree to know the end with a hole at the end is 'dangerous'.

It doesn't take a degree to use the safety either.

It doesn't take a degree to know a person should never muzzle someone else unless their life is in danger.

Even then a person doesn't have to shoot to kill. Even though that's how people are taught.

But this one is the one that absolutely BURNS my chaps.

background checks that really do pull up reasons why they should or should not own them.

NO ONE has any 'rights' to make that decision. A right is a RIGHT.

The Bill of Rights says that is a NO GO for around 10 reasons including the 14th amendment.

That goes a lot like this:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

www.law.cornell.edu...

No Person.

No American has to 'prove' their worth to the state before they can practice their RIGHTS.

That piece of paper explicitly limited the power of the STATE not the people.

Doesn't even matter if our next door neighbors are running around with the hair all on fire saying 'Gunz are out ta git me'.

They don't want own on their decision, but there is NO constitutional authority to take that decision away from the rest of us.

NONE what so EVER.

According to the 14th. Every city in America. Every state in America is a sanctuary city.

OR if you prefer.

Gun control is the STATE(straights) telling the TG's they can't use their rest room.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No,NO, and NO.

Training ?

It doesn't take a degree to know the end with a hole at the end is 'dangerous'.

It doesn't take a degree to use the safety either.

It doesn't take a degree to know a person should never muzzle someone else unless their life is in danger.

Even then a person doesn't have to shoot to kill. Even though that's how people are taught.

But this one is the one that absolutely BURNS my chaps.

background checks that really do pull up reasons why they should or should not own them.

NO ONE has any 'rights' to make that decision. A right is a RIGHT.

The Bill of Rights says that is a NO GO for around 10 reasons including the 14th amendment.

That goes a lot like this:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

www.law.cornell.edu...

No Person.

No American has to 'prove' their worth to the state before they can practice their RIGHTS.

That piece of paper explicitly limited the power of the STATE not the people.

Doesn't even matter if our next door neighbors are running around with the hair all on fire saying 'Gunz are out ta git me'.

They don't want own on their decision, but there is NO constitutional authority to take that decision away from the rest of us.

NONE what so EVER.

According to the 14th. Every city in America. Every state in America is a sanctuary city.

OR if you prefer.

Gun control is the STATE(straights) telling the TG's they can't use their rest room.

You certainly have the right to your opinion as well, but these are mine. And if you are a convicted felon, especially in a situation where a gun was involved, you lose your rights because you have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted by owning one. As far as training, mandatory. If you were in the service, you would know this very well. You do not need a degree to own a gun, but you had better understand them thoroughly before you ever own one, let alone use it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You certainly have the right to your opinion as well, but these are mine. And if you are a convicted felon, especially in a situation where a gun was involved, you lose your rights because you have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted by owning one.

Actually that is an 8th amendment violation right there.

A person does lose their constituitonally protect RIGHTS for life.

That is a cruel and unusual punishment.

Once a person has paid their debt to society their RIGHTS should be restored.

Now on to that word FELON.

That covers a great many 'crimes'.

From bouncing a check, drug possession in other words non violent offenders.

That's a no go as well.

Besides the ACTION of harming or shooting someone has been ILLEGAL since pretty much the beginning.

Ya know people actually have to comit a crime.

Then they get their day in courts, and it being proven beyond all reasonable doubt in front of a jury of their peers.

Then it goes on to say in the 5th by the way. A person can not be charged for the same crime twice.

So why are my RIGHTS forfeit, all of the Rights laid out in the Bill of RIGHTS.

For something I and other people haven't done NOR ever will ?

I know that is what passes for 'social justice' these days.

And THAT is 100% ILLEGAL according to that piece of paper gun control proponents wipe their rears with.
edit on 5-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If people support more taxes, I can't believe you are trying to argue other wise, willing to pay more money for no reason, I admire you for trying to talk sense into people that probably will never purchase a fire arm and this new tax will not effect them. I would buy you a beer at the rod and gun club after an afternoon of shooting clay birds and just say "there there neo the tax hike didn't arrive yet"

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anon29

Europeans are pussies.. they have no guns and are being raped by Muslims daily. I bet they wish they had guns. I know I do.

/European

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You certainly have the right to your opinion as well, but these are mine. And if you are a convicted felon, especially in a situation where a gun was involved, you lose your rights because you have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted by owning one.

Actually that is an 8th amendment violation right there.

A person does lose their constituitonally protect RIGHTS for life.

That is a cruel and unusual punishment.

Once a person has paid their debt to society their RIGHTS should be restored.

Now on to that word FELON.

That covers a great many 'crimes'.

From bouncing a check, drug possession in other words non violent offenders.

That's a no go as well.

Besides the ACTION of harming or shooting someone has been ILLEGAL since pretty much the beginning.

Ya know people actually have to comit a crime.

Then they get their day in courts, and it being proven beyond all reasonable doubt in front of a jury of their peers.

Then it goes on to say in the 5th by the way. A person can not be charged for the same crime twice.

So why are my RIGHTS forfeit, all of the Rights laid out in the Bill of RIGHTS.

For something I and other people haven't done NOR ever will ?

I know that is what passes for 'social justice' these days.

And THAT is 100% ILLEGAL according to that piece of paper gun control proponents wipe their rears with.

You jump on a lot of tangents that skirt the entire issue.

I said convicted felons, especially if a gun was involved. Period.

Your rights in this country are only as good as the rest of the population not infringing on yours.

As far as gun safety? Go ask the parents of the dead kids that got a hold of one of their weapons and blew their heads off or killed someone else. Ask them if they wished that they had kept them in secure area, with locks and safety mechanisms....

All this going on today, and there are still thousands out there that "need a gun", but do not know how to use one, maintain one, or secure one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join