It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ID Plane I Caught on the "Closed" Basecamp Runway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
These were taken on May 26, 2016.

I had seen what appeared to be a C130, landing then parked on the ramp at Tonopah Test Range a few days earlier.

I assumed from the shape this was a C130 at Basecamp, but looking at the pictures - it's way too small!

I see 66043 as the tail number, but so far I can't find it in online databases.

Bigger pic here:
www.topsecretbases.com...

edit on 5-6-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

CASA C-295.

edit on 6/5/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Airbus C 295

en.wikipedia.org...

Or the older CASA CN-235
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-6-2016 by M5xaz because: c

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting..... I recall someone mentioning CIA involvement at Basecamp:
The U.S. Air Force’s Most Secretive Squadron
427th Special Operations Squadron hunts insurgents, helps the CIA

warisboring.com...

Edited to add:
In November 2001, a UFO conspiracy-theorist and amateur plane-spotter drove down a public road near the Air Force’s Groom Lake testing range in Nevada—a.k.a., Area 51—and photographed two 427th planes, a Pilatus and a CN235, sharing a remote tarmac with two civilian Caravans.

Hmmm... now who and where was that? Methinks I know.
edit on 5-6-2016 by FosterVS because: Better picture

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The AF has 13 of the Cn235s.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Here's the plane alright, but airaware have no info on it...probably a CIA plane, that actual number is in reserve up to 2020.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Here's the plane alright, but auraware have no info on it...probably a CIA plane, that actual number is in reserve up to 2020.

Look at my last post again.
edit on 5-6-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: smurfy

Here's the plane alright, but auraware have no info on it...probably a CIA plane, that actual number is in reserve up to 2020.

Look at my last post again.

Your post wasn't there until I posted.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Shame you didn't catch what they were loading or off-loading ;-) Those non-recorded black budget funds that aren't monitored by Congress have to come from someplace?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Shame you didn't catch what they were loading or off-loading ;-) Those non-recorded black budget funds that aren't monitored by Congress have to come from someplace?

Cheers - Dave

I went through my series of pictures, and the ramp drops from frame to frame.
But I saw nothing/no-one get out in/out of the aircraft. Could be they saw me taking pictures.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They open the ramp pretty much any time the engines are shut down, whether there's cargo to load/unload or not. It allows airflow through the cargo hold since the air conditioning is engine driven.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Go there and hold up a sign that says "GO spooks" and see what they do...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They open the ramp pretty much any time the engines are shut down, whether there's cargo to load/unload or not. It allows airflow through the cargo hold since the air conditioning is engine driven.

That makes sense, as they didn't drop the ramp all the way. Pretty much just horizontal. And it was a hot day.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ha....I'm going to to try that sometime....a big sign that says.....GO spooks....he he

that airbus has good vert. stabilizer size.....I'm all about yaw control.....And ya gotta love that Dash-8 look....
edit on 5-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 5-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 5-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

www.lazygranch.com...

Yep, David Axe and Medium stole that entire article from my website. Medium I assume has either no editors or no integrity. I have shown that travesty of an article to a few real journalists and they just couldn't believe how sleazy Medium and David Axe in particular is. Worse of all, after stealing my research, he had the nerve to call me a UFO nut.

To show how stupid David Axe is, he didn't bother to research the source of the FOIA on my website. Andreas Parsch is not a reporter. He is obsessed with military hardware designations. I guess David Axe never heard of Google. Further if he was any authority at all on military equipment, he wouldn't have known who Andreas Parsch is.

www.designation-systems.net...

He runs a great yahoogroup for Designation Systems as well.

But getting back to the idiots at Medium, I gave some photos to a blogger, who in turn sold them to Medium. Medium had no right to use them. Thus was regarding the F-117 flying over the TTR. Let's just say if anyone wants anything from now on, the answer is no. But here you have Medium calling me a conspiracy nut, then in another article stealing my photos. If Medium actually used editors, they would have noticed how bizarre that is.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Note that JSOC or whoever is using that CN-235 took a dim view of my photos showing up on the internet. That plane started showing up in Texas there was a great webpage called "Mystery at Salt Flat" which showed the CN-235 at Jeff Bezos' ranch in Texas. The webpage no longer exists but comments about it are still on the interwebs. Archive dot org doesn't seem to have the photos.

Another CN-235 on this page:
www.lazygranch.com...

www.inplanesight.org...

The CIA has their own CN-235. N5025 looks like it is still active. N196D looks like it is no longer in use. I will make it a point eventually to track down the airframe.

N196D at Base Camp

Come to think of it, I think it was N196D as the Jeff Bezos ranch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

top topics

join