It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Synthesis, Using Thought Forms to Manifest Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thought synthesis, this is what I call positive thinking, the laws of attraction, disciplining yourself and managing how you think in order to change your world.

It works.

Many of you I'm sure of it have put effort into thinking more positive, or changing the way you think about certain topics or thinking about how you think about the way you do things. All thought synthesis, I call it that because I relate it to the process of synthesizing two different compounds to create a new even better one.

Mirriam-Webster; Alchemy

a power or process that changes or transforms something in a mysterious or impressive way

It's not secret to anyone who reads my post that I used to be a fighter and Muhammad Ali has been a major part of my life. I truly believe in what he says in this meme. It's something you commonly here from the best fighters in the world, "I am the best". In my mind this is the power of positive thinking and positive affirmations and the laws of attraction at work.

Jocko Willink is also a popular character in my world. If you notice the thought process behind his mentality of extreme ownership. Not seeing obstacles as oppression or reasons to fail or quit but as opportunities. Again here we see the power of positive thinking and thought synthesis in overcoming obstacles.

Not necessarily a fan of their work myself but they talk about many things relating to the idea of how thinking and thought can change and manifest reality around you. How perspective and patterns of thinking lead to creativity and change.

Mindfulness

Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience.

Mindfulness is the main tenant of this philosophy. You have to become aware, aware of yourself, your thoughts, your surroundings and create a higher level of self knowledge. Be mindful of the actions you take and own them, be mindful of the thoughts your thinking and the events that are happening in your life and totally own them. This is where I believe the true power is.

This is the true art form of alchemy and the true power of manifestation.
edit on 6/5/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
"I think , therefore you are."- me - closing statement term paper on philosophy .In , well a long time ago

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think this stuff kind of works. I've seen changes in my own life. Just don't expect it to happen overnight.

Being positive in a negative world is one of the most challenging aspects of life in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience.

Mindfulness is the main tenant of this philosophy. You have to become aware, aware of yourself, your thoughts, your surroundings and create a higher level of self knowledge. Be mindful of the actions you take and own them, be mindful of the thoughts your thinking and the events that are happening in your life and totally own them. This is where I believe the true power is.

Thanks for the reading.

I agree wholeheartedly with the last two parts.

My Father used to always say "Be mindful" of everything!

I've learned over time just how useful that advice was and why he wanted to plant it in my brain.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I think this stuff kind of works. I've seen changes in my own life. Just don't expect it to happen overnight.

Being positive in a negative world is one of the most challenging aspects of life in my opinion.

I agree, thats why this planet is not for stout hearts. It becomes even more challenging after psychological/ emotional trauma.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It becomes even more challenging after psychological/ emotional trauma.

I think it's best for people with emotional trauma.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I call this living in the 3rd Person. It can be a very good way to pick up some wisdom along life's way. But, watch out you do not get stuck there, and, thus remove yourself from life.

You can make yourself the perpetual outsider if you are not careful. Never let 'sarcasm' be your muse... you will become insufferable. Stay brutally honest within yourself and observations. A past is a wonderful place you have been through, embrace it, otherwise experience is nothing. Perception is HIGHLY flawed in most cases... and finally... "Lightin' up, Frances." - Don't be afraid to laugh, and laugh at yourself.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I totally agree. Balance is key you don't want to be fixating on controlling all of your thought processes. Sometimes you just gotta relax and let things go. Thats why I love working out so much because when I'm done working out whatever was going on before is over with.

It's more of a tool than a way of life.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Nice, I like that a lot. A tool. Cool.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Thank you for your comment. We must learn to manifest our own destinies by the sheer will of our intent. We must tell the Cosmos (for lack of a better term) what we want and we shall have it. If you do not, you get the default channel everyone else is on.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Without going into the whole new-aged/occult idea of how thoughts are manifested into reality, it is quite simple to see that thinking positive thoughts changes the world because all thoughts do. In fact nothing ever really happens in our human world without some thought coming first before a physical action is taken. People are always thinking up plans to do things then go and do them and it changes all our reality all the time.

As far as a new age POV, if everyone thought positive thoughts all the time it would help create a positive spirit, atmosphere or aura that would add size and momentum to the world changes. I'm not saying the world changes themselves would be positive because as we all know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My Mom gave me a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale when I was like 12 yrs of age. I find that hilarious because my Mom is a very negative person by nature

originally posted by: onequestion
How perspective and patterns of thinking lead to creativity and change.

Our creative reaction to life can change the way those around us react too.

originally posted by: eXia7Being positive in a negative world is one of the most challenging aspects of life in my opinion.

So true. Many don't see a problem as an opportunity in disguise. Maybe even an opportunity they've never thought about as being an option before. Ruins chances for nice little surprises.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You are confusing things here imho.

Yes, your thinking has a real effect on your body. Negative emotions increase alertness and cause stress to the point of affecting your health.

Your thinking also has an effect on your peers. We are social animals and quite good at recognizing if someone is under stress. As a reaction we increase our alertness too and thus our stress. It is a basic group survival mechanism.

But no, you can not bend spoons with your thoughts, no matter how hard you try.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
How long do I need to think about it before a million dollars appears in my bank account???

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Some shamans in Nusantara can squeeze grains of rice in their palms and turn it into specks of gold.

Probably has a lot to do with
1. Intent
2. Will
3. Observation
4. Thoughts
5. Understanding

And have that cycle feed back into itself.

top topics

join