It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s The ‘HILLARY UNIVERSITY’ Scandal No One In The Media Is Talking About

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi this is my first thread so let me know if I can do anything to make it better.
So I have been in the Trump University thread and the people there convinced me that indeed Trump University wasn't always the best place and it is a bit of a scandal for him and I was sad because it took some of the shininess away from my New Trump. Fortunately I was watching some youtube Alex Jones and while talking about another subject they happened to mention this tid bit.

www.breitbart.com... funneled-55-million-back/

In April 2015, Bill Clinton was forced to abruptly resign from his lucrative perch as honorary chancellor of Laureate Education, a for-profit college company. The reason for Clinton’s immediate departure: Clinton Cash revealed, and Bloomberg confirmed, that Laureate funneled Bill Clinton $16.46 million over five years while Hillary Clinton’s State Dept. pumped at least $55 million to a group run by Laureate’s founder and chairman, Douglas Becker, a man with strong ties to the Clinton Global Initiative. Laureate has donated between $1 million and $5 million (donations are reported in ranges, not exact amounts) to the Clinton Foundation. Progressive billionaire George Soros is also a Laureate financial backer.

Shortly after Bill Clinton’s lucrative 2010 Laureate appointment, Hillary Clinton’s State Dept. began pumping millions of its USAID dollars to a sister nonprofit, International Youth Foundation (IYF), which is run by Laureate’s founder and chairman, Douglas Becker. Indeed, State Dept. funding skyrocketed once Bill Clinton got on the Laureate payroll, according to Bloomberg: A Bloomberg examination of IYF’s public filings show that in 2009, the year before Bill Clinton joined Laureate, the nonprofit received 11 grants worth $9 million from the State Department or the affiliated USAID. In 2010, the group received 14 grants worth $15.1 million. In 2011, 13 grants added up to $14.6 million. The following year, those numbers jumped: IYF received 21 grants worth $25.5 million, including a direct grant from the State Department.

www.americanthinker.com...
goes on to talk about how:

Laureate has taken over struggling colleges by using high-pressure marketing tactics such as “turbocharging enrollment” using students as telemarketers. Laureate University was investigated by the Rio State Legislature’s Investigative Commission on Private Universities in Brazil. Robson Leite, a Rio state legislator who led the probe concluded: “They have turned education into a commodity that focuses more on profit than knowledge”

Laureate has a habit of allowing students with low admissions test scores to enroll. One named Phillipe Linhares, age 24, stated that he was surprised when IBMR in Rio accepted him as a student. “I knew I had done horribly on the test,” he recalled, “But the salespeople called me three times saying I’d done great and asking when I would come down to enroll.”

Googling "laureate university reviews" got me
forums.moneysavingexpert.com... on the first page where this fellow had this to say about his experience not even going there, just inquiring about it:

I did recently show some interest in one of your courses so I will tell you of my experience. I would have preferred to go for an open day but instead your system forces people to go to an online form to get further information about the course. This form has required fields so you have to give your email and a contact phone number. Within an hour or so of submitting the form I was contacted by phone despite ticking the box which said I would prefer to have email contact. I explained to your “Consultant” that I did not take phone calls at work but I still got the hard sell. I then did get an email and having looked at the course, decided it was not suitable. Despite my earlier discussion to ask for no calls to my mobile phone I was then rung on a number of occasions and left “urgent messages” on my voicemail to get in touch. I also receive emails. I responded to these by declining your course. (I already have a deferred place on another MSc) I don’t think it helps much when the number phoning me is an international one and the “Consultant” speaks in an American accent and is frankly just there to push a sale. He had no interest in whether the course would suit me or not. I personally get very put off when pursued by sales people. Others may respond differently. I was also shocked by the cost. The minimum fee for an MSc via your online system is about £12,000 and that was only if I paid up front. Don’t forget this is online; there is no physical teaching going on. If I chose to pay by instalments it would cost even more, roughly £14,000. There is also a note at the bottom of the fees sheet that points out that “Use of physical facilities at the University of Liverpool” is not included. I take that to mean no support from any of the student services or from say the Careers Service. This is something that would normally be offered as standard alongside a DL programme or physical part time study at a UK university. Just to note my deferred MSc will cost me less than £5,000 and I get all the support I need as part of the deal.

Trump is no angel but when I compare him the rusty penny to Clinton the shiny yet evil ring of power I know who I'll take. Just like when Huma was collecting $100,000 a year from the Clinton Foundation while working for HRC at the State Department. They are so dirty they don't even understand the idea of a conflict of interest or even know when they're being criminal and corrupt. It's like being mad at a fish for breathing water.

Report: Clinton Aide’s Dual Roles May Have Broken Conflict of Interest Laws
freebeacon.com...

Why is the media so hard on Trump and not on Clinton? Is it because the Republicans cried wolf on her for 20 years so now when she really is coming to eat us up no-one believes them anymore?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Alex Jones. Yeah a real ahem respected source of information.
So for advice I'd say don't.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
And I say do. These sources of money they invent by swindling people is nothing new for the Clintons. But thats all hush hush.

Global agendas don't exist, just focus on some gathering in a grove somewhere with fifty foot tall owl statues.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Source is breitbart but I'm pretty sure this was posted already.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Discussion HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Funny how when dirt shows up on Hillary and there is plenty, people question the source. Of all people to question the source about why her ? No one questions the sources for trump dirt, lol

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
Funny how when dirt shows up on Hillary and there is plenty, people question the source. Of all people to question the source about why her ? No one questions the sources for trump dirt, lol

Some of us actually care and take the 'C,' word into consideration (the C word being "credibility,") and Alex Jones and Breitbart both SEVERELY lack that vital aspect when it comes to journalism.

And yes, we do question the sources for Trump dirt.

Sorry - I suppose I'll start believing everything I read on the Internet as absolute fact without considering the source.

Lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED

Same thing happened in the other thread about this.
It got worse and worse for those trying to derail the discussion into left vs. right media.
Down with the Clintons.
edit on 5-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Whether you agree or not, the OP was well written and there were links to other sources to back up what was heard on Alex Jones. I look at some sources of information the same way I look at Wikipedia, as a starting point. Then research and check facts with other sources. You took the lazy way to respond. Did you even read the whole OP and check the links? Or did you just see Alex Jones' name and not go on?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The funny part is its only propaganda suposed media that are reporting this after the trump university story came out.

I dont think anyone on ats really likes hillary, so why the need for these daily but but but she did it too threads.

Your team is losing and you need a feel good story, thats all i got from this thread.

edit on 5-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This makes Trump U look like a sponsored common core program !!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The financial information is confirmed by Bloomberg, but nice try on your shilling.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As you get beyond the partisan attempts to derail this topic...
One discovers that Laureate was designed to be a cash machine for the Clintons and their cronies.

Laureate was/is $4.7BILLION in dept.

It has lost $10's-100'S of MILLIONS each year

Bill got $16.5M off the top and the Clinton Foundation gor up to $5M

SOS Hillary pumped $55M from the SD back to the University's president.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The financial information is confirmed by Bloomberg, but nice try on your shilling.

So cute, its funny that this big story just came out after the trump one, its always like that for some reason, must be cause where shills am i right lol.

Keep up the great work

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Alex Jones. Yeah a real ahem respected source of information.
So for advice I'd say don't.

So then you can say what exactly he reported that was wrong, right?

Otherwise your post is a wonderful logical fallacy.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

First thought was, wait, another Clinton scandal?!?!? Then, reading, it looks like she's funneling money to a place Bill can collect it. Wow.....does this woman do anything that isn't shady?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It gets worse.
The major investors in Laureate are also paying huge fee's for Bill and Hillary speeches...Goldman Sachs for one.
This is ON TOP of Bill's $16.5M and Laureate's up to $5M in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It gets worse.
The major investors in Laureate are also paying huge fee's for Bill and Hillary speeches...Goldman Sachs for one.
This is ON TOP of Bill's $16.5M and Laureate's up to $5M in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Layers upon layers of criminality. Maybe someone should send all this data to Trump, so he can start demanding action! Imagine the scrambling.....

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If this is true, this is money laundering at a very high level.
If this were drug money, the names were changed and it was a car wash instead of a college, everyone involved would be locked up for a long time.
But, since it's the clintons, it's business as usual and no one will bat an eye and no one will be punished.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Clintons are so adept at this that their scams are running scams...

Hm, let's see:

...tied to this university as an educational adviser to the Andean Region of Laureate International Inc. , the holding company owner.

The above excerpt is a google translation from the following article:

¿Quiénes son los dueños de la Universidad Andrés Bello de Chile?

LAUREATE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES, INC. (Maryland (US), 18 Apr 2002- , 650 S EXETER ST BALTIMORE, MD 21202)
LAUREATE INTERNATIONAL, INC. (Panama, 19 Feb 1997- , PROVINCIA PANAMÁ)

Looking a little further:

LAUREATE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES, INC.

Company Number D06765697
Status Incorporated
Incorporation Date 18 April 2002 (about 14 years ago)
Jurisdiction Maryland (US)
Registered Address

650 S EXETER ST
BALTIMORE, MD 21202
United States

Business Classification Text
Ordinary Business - Stock
Agent Name CAPITOL CORPORATE SERVICES, INC
Agent Address 3206 TOWER OAKS BLVD 4TH FLOOR ROCKVILLE, MD 20852
Directors / Officers CAPITOL CORPORATE SERVICES, INC, agent

And for Laureate International, INC.:

Company Number 326602

Status Vigente

Incorporation Date 19 February 1997 (over 19 years ago)

Company Type SOCIEDAD ANONIMA

Jurisdiction Panama

Registered Address PROVINCIA PANAMÁ Panama

Agent Name MOSSACK FONSECA & CO

Directors / Officers

CHEN, CHAOLEIN, director
CHEN, CHAOLIEN, vicepresidente
CHEN, PICHIN, director
CHEN, PICHIN, tesorero
CHEN, PICHIN, secretario
EL PRESIDENTE PUDIENDO TAMBIEN EJERCER ESE CARGO EL TESORERO O EL SECRETARIO, representante
FRANCIS PEREZ, suscriptor
KAO CHUEH, CHIUNG YUAN, presidente
KAO CHUEH, CHIUNG YUAN, director
LETICIA MONTOYA, suscriptor
MOSSACK FONSECA & CO, agent

opencorporates.com

Make note of the Chinese officers in the company above.

If I am reading this right, it looks like the parent company of Laureate Universities, Inc. is Laureate International, Inc., which is itself a shell company registered with Mossack Fonseca.

Please debunk, otherwise it looks like the for profit universities are an offshoot of a shell company registered by Mossack Fonseca and the Clintons are directly tied to the mess that is the "Panama Papers."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join